PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Bagsy not sitting behind you in Yoga class :rotfl:

:o:o:o:rotfl:
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    DD and her BF are coming for dinner tonight, it was supposed to be stroganoff, as it's one of her favourites - after several calls/texts etc she now would like Mongolian Beef and all the trimmings.

I know I said I was looking forward to seeing her and wanted to cook something she liked, but when did dinner with your mother turn into an ordering service.... my fault I know, too soft ;)

Sounds delish - I believe that the ordering service starts around the time they move out and lull you into that sense you miss them ;)

Some fabulous meals going on this week - Hatful glad your water has come back on - it is amazing how we take things for granted so easily. Think that there are people incl children in the world who walk for miles everyday to collect water. We're really very lucky.

Well dinner for me last night was some more 'green' soup with sweetcorn and some grated cheese on top (because cheese makes everything good :D) I have one more portion that I will have for lunch today and that's that used up. Needless to say, I would prob keep upwind of me for the next day or so still :rotfl::rotfl:

OH has requested stir fry for dinner tonight which I have nothing in for...I made the 'mistake' of asking if he wanted anything when I pop into town later. Not exactly in line with my plans of using things up but it's healthy and not overly expensive so I shall pick up the ingredients and do that as a quick dinner.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lunch was leftovers - shepherds pie for DH and chicken curry for me.

Dinner tonight will be chicken kiev, potatoes and veg.

Denise
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Oven tray bake of chicken wings, peppers, onion, corn cobette and sweet potato
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    We're having 'freezer surprise'.
    I have a few things in my freezer that have either missed being labelled or the writing has worn off.
    So, I've decided to get one out each week and see if we fancy eating it.
    Today's dish appears to be lamb mince with potatoes, carrots and swede or possibly turnip.
    I've bought 2 giant Yorkshire puddings and we'll have it in those.
    Needs padding out a bit.
    My idea is frozen sprouts & cauliflower, OH wants a total slob-out of tinned potatoes and tinned peas.
    As I'm dossing on the sofa catching up with some recorded TV and he'll be in the kitchen, I guess he'll get his choice. :D
  • Tonight has been slow cooker chick pea and kale curry, served with pearl barley for the offspring and green beans for me
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Steak, new potatoes, tomato, mushrooms and rocket
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Making minced beef pasties to use up some bits and bobs, will do new potatoes and cabbage for the men, I will have the mince mixture over stirfry Savoy cabbage
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yesterday I made lentil and mushroom bolognese in the SC. I have French class later so I'll make myself some courgetti, and boil DH and DD up some lasagne sheets (need to use up!)...easy!

Lunch is leftover vegan shepherdless pie with swede mash and cabbage...yummo!
  • Lunch today will be home made Minestrone Soup with chicken for me and a sandwich for He Who Knows. Supper tonight will be Bratwurst with oven roasted cooked new potatoes with oil spray and a nice big salad. Fat free yoghurt for pudding and our usual cup of black coffee.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We're having cod in parsley sauce with new potatoes and a mix of veg.
    Spend less now, work less later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure