Make upto £10 a day in July 2017 - everybody most welcome

Comments

• Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy belated birthday Aesop and well done on your stash of offers.
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,098
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Did a mornings overtime yesterday....£26....begrudgingly I have to admit but it paid for my yoga workshop that I did in the afternoon.:D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Did a mornings overtime yesterday....£26....begrudgingly I have to admit but it paid for my yoga workshop that I did in the afternoon.:D

Well done:T. Yoga workshop sounds good. I used to practice yoga many moons ago and went to classes in the evening and only stopped when the classes closed down:(. Yoga seemed to fall out of favour around here, I could never understand why. I could have carried on doing it at home I suppose but what with one thing and another I never had the time or inclination in those days. I liked the motivation of a group situation. Definitely my loss, I always felt so good after a class.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Forumite
    Well done:T. Yoga workshop sounds good. I used to practice yoga many moons ago and went to classes in the evening and only stopped when the classes closed down:(. Yoga seemed to fall out of favour around here, I could never understand why. I could have carried on doing it at home I suppose but what with one thing and another I never had the time or inclination in those days. I liked the motivation of a group situation. Definitely my loss, I always felt so good after a class.

I got into it about three months ago. I am always off on a Weds and the gym has a fantastic bloke who does the yoga class. I was a bit apprehensive at first but I absolutely love it!! Every other week, I can make it to a Ying Yang class which is also really good and it the lady who takes this that did the work shop. Two and a half hours :eek: My body knows about it today!! One of the reasons I decided to give it a go is because as a 50 year old......I think Im hitting that peri menopausal stage and I remember reading somewhere it can ease the symptoms and generally improve wellbeing. Anything that keeps you supple and moving though is great in my eyes. Have just ordered myself a yoga mat...(free of course with amazon giftcards :D) and am going to have a go myself at home. Bit bamboozled with all the classes on youtube so it will be trial and error to start with. Also need to do it when no one else in the house which isnt very often as I cant be doing with an audience :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 July 2017 at 11:36AM
    Sounds brilliant, Kantankerus. Good luck with it all:beer:. I agree about being audience-free when doing it at home;)

Well, the lackadaisical man who said about 2 weeks ago that he was going to call round to (hopefully) buy my 2 Belfast sinks has finally been. Not only that but he was willing to pay what I was asking with no quibbling:j. I'd been on eBay etc and printed out a list of recently 'sold' ones of a similar size/condition to mine to find a fair price but he barely gave it a glance. Obviously felt he could trust me. I hate selling online offering 'collect only' as we are so 'out in the sticks' that there are no bidders or maybe just the one with a stupid low offer:eek: so it was nice this time selling something so big and heavy (that I couldn't possible send by courier) to someone OH knows who took them away in his van.

Got a total of £85 so am well pleased:j. That's something else that's been hanging around for donkey's years that I've finally seen the back of:dance:. Now, what can I try to get rid of next?:rotfl:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Forumite
    Wow thats brilliant CBC!!! Nice little boost eh?

I have a free standing mixer that I am thinking of selling but not sure how much to put it on for. I got it initially to make meringues thinking it would be easier but the whisk doesnt quite reach the bottom of the bowl and nothing happens. :rotfl: If I make cakes I tend to do them by hand so its just sat gathering dust in my kitchen.

Been used maybe three times? Think I paid about £60 for it. Worth trying to get rid of I guess. I dont do ebay but will have a look , see what they are going for and will maybe list it on shpock.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Forumite
    Wow thats brilliant CBC!!! Nice little boost eh?

I have a free standing mixer that I am thinking of selling but not sure how much to put it on for. I got it initially to make meringues thinking it would be easier but the whisk doesnt quite reach the bottom of the bowl and nothing happens. :rotfl: If I make cakes I tend to do them by hand so its just sat gathering dust in my kitchen.

Been used maybe three times? Think I paid about £60 for it. Worth trying to get rid of I guess. I dont do ebay but will have a look , see what they are going for and will maybe list it on shpock.

OMG!!!! :eek: Got OH to take a pic of mixer and put it on shpock this afternoon.......put it on for £25....within ten minutes I had an offer for £20 which I accepted as just want it out of the way.

Buyer has just been and collected so thats me £20 up. :D Must be quickest sale I have ever made. :j
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OMG!!!! :eek: Got OH to take a pic of mixer and put it on shpock this afternoon.......put it on for £25....within ten minutes I had an offer for £20 which I accepted as just want it out of the way.

Buyer has just been and collected so thats me £20 up. :D Must be quickest sale I have ever made. :j

well done. I am so pleased.

I wish my stuff would sell on shpock. I get can you post for free on collection only and when I finally bin item people want it!!!
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Forumite
    Aesop wrote: »
    well done. I am so pleased.

I wish my stuff would sell on shpock. I get can you post for free on collection only and when I finally bin item people want it!!!

Oh thats what I normally get and the amount of stuff I have put on there and people ask questions about item but never follow it up.

Thats why I was so amazed!
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,653
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nicki_Sue wrote: »
    Thanks lovely x
    A sensible person would put all of those savings aside but I'm tempted to have her come and do three hours a fortnight (£37) for me.

Am I terrible? :eek:

No - you're not terrible. We all love saving money on here, but there's also no point in saving so much money that you don't live your life how you want (within reason of course!). I got a cleaner to come in once a fortnight to help us out a few years ago and it was the best thing we ever did. It was the only thing me and OH we ever argued about anyway and we both have demanding jobs often working all hours during the week and sometimes weekends too. The last thing we wanted to do at the weekend was to clean and if we did we wouldn't have any spare time to do anything else.

Now that we have the little one, it we can spend more quality time with him.
    2024 decluttering: 6,003 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family