IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Car Park Management (CPM) Parking Charge Notice

Hi, I am writing for some help with a parking charge notice I was given by CPM on Saturday 28 January 2017. I have a permit for the car park but it was located out of sight for the attendant to see. The site name is Platts Eyot in Hampton.

I have read about CPM and how people have been able to avoid the fine. Should I send the letter as mentioned on point 3 of the NEWBIE thread to start of with.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 2 February 2017 at 12:15PM
    its an invoice , not a "fine"

check which AOS they belong to and use the correct template at the appropriate time (if this was a windscreen ticket)

and get the landholder to cancel it , that is your best option

avoiding it is not an option, getting it cancelled is the correct option
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You need the IPC template from the NEWBIES thread.
    As Redx has said, it is not a fine.

Don't appeal too soon either. This is all explained in the NEWBIES. Make sure you don't miss the appeal deadline which could be 21 or 28 days.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • How long should I wait to appeal. The letter says appeals should be made within 21 days.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Jasrahal wrote: »
    How long should I wait to appeal. The letter says appeals should be made within 21 days.

the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you all this (you have read it , havent you ?)

its got to be with them by day 21 for IPC members

so day 19

even their letter tells you this fact !
  • Update

I sent the letter on the newbies thread and have received a reply. The information below provides the main points that UKCPM are making.

- In response to the information you claim to require, UK CPM is under no obligation to provide you with all of the information you have requested
    - UK CPM does not now the land the vehicle was on, but they do hold a legal contract to monitor and maintain the area on behalf of the landowner. Therefore this entitles them to issue parking charge notices.
    - UK CPM is not prohibited to supply a copy of the contract or our client contact information due to the Data Protection Act

-Your vehicle was parked and a valid permit was not clearly displayed in the front windscreen, therefore breaching the terms and conditions stated upon all signage.
    - The parking charge notice was issued as a breach of contract occurred, the signage is the contract.

-On the 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court made judgement in the case Parking Eye vs Beavis.
    -Therefore in your letter your claims of a disproportionate fee not reflecting a genuine pre estimate of loss cannot be used as a reason for an appeal.

-We are not obliged to provide a contract to a motorist, our signage would not be in place if we did not have landowner authorisation to issue parking charge notices.
    - There are many warning signs throughout the development
    -Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee of restrictions were breached.

-All images are of your vehicle that were taken at the time of the contravention can be viewed via paymyticket

Important Note: If we have not been made aware of the name and a current address for the service of the driver, from 1 October 2012 under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we do have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the unpaid amount from the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time it was parked.

How should I proceed with this letter they have given me?

I have read the next stages on replying but I am unsure with some of the Acts and do not want to write a letter that does not address their points.
  • I have just done some further reading and found that I should have printed my name in the letter, is this correct? If so I will send another letter straight away.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am surprised people flounder at this point and want a 'next step' or next letter'.

There isn't one and post #3 of the NEWBIES thread about IAS stage makes that clear. You challenged once, which is all that is worth doing, now sit tight like every single other poster here with an IPC firm's 'PCN'. Come back if you get a Gladstones Court claim to knock down.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate the help. Do I not need to send another letter stating my name. I read on another forum with a reply from yourself about stating your name?

"Why didn't you put your name and address? Makes no sense and in the NEWBIES thread it clearly says always give the keeper's name and address (but sign with a squiggle so they don't get your real signature). Of course they would do this."

"In your case because you haven't clarified who you were at that address, I would respond just once more and say your appeal was from yourself and you are the registered keeper (this time put your name and that same 'new' address and PCN number and their ref, everything they need except who was driving). State that the driver will not be identified and should they pursue the matter they will have to rely upon full compliance with the POFA 2012 as well as prominent and clear signage and proof of a contract, none of which do you think they have established."
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How did you sign or finish the letter then and how did they reply, or was it all by email with no actual 'name' given for you?

Either way I would let them get the data from the DVLA next month, as long as you are the keeper on the V5 (not a company or lease car).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I finished the letter with:

Yours Faithfully

The Keeper

Yes I am the registered keeper of the car, it is not a company or lease car.

They replied by saying: "Important Note: If we have not been made aware of the name and a current address for the service of the driver, from 1 October 2012 under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we do have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the unpaid amount from the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time it was parked."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure