Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Warren1989
    • By Warren1989 14th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Warren1989
    Do iWeb allow partial transfers of an ISA?
    • 14th May 18, 8:31 PM
    Do iWeb allow partial transfers of an ISA? 14th May 18 at 8:31 PM
    Looking to transfer 50% of an ISA over to Fidelity and wondering about this please?
Page 1
    • Warren1989
    • By Warren1989 15th May 18, 8:46 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Warren1989
    • 15th May 18, 8:46 AM
    • 15th May 18, 8:46 AM
    Update from support is that partial transfers are not allowed. Only way would be to withdraw some of the money.

Would it ever work if I sold 5k into cash, then just initiated the transfer through Fidelity for 5k cash transfer?
    • grey gym sock
    • By grey gym sock 15th May 18, 11:02 PM
    • 4,339 Posts
    • 3,870 Thanks
    grey gym sock
    • 15th May 18, 11:02 PM
    • 15th May 18, 11:02 PM
    well, iweb's T&Cs - http://www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/PDFs/Terms-and-Conditions.pdf - say partial transfers (away from iweb) are allowed:

Transferring your ISA to another ISA Manager

20.24 You can, at any time, transfer:

a. all of your current tax year's subscriptions, the investments bought with those subscriptions, and any income arising on those investments ; and/or

b. some or all of your previous tax years' subscriptions, the investments bought with those subscriptions, and any income arising on those investments.
    that is basically a statement of the rules (which apply to all ISA managers) about what transfers are permissible. which implies they will allow any transfer (away from iweb) which is within those rules.

so perhaps iweb support is wrong. i have found their support a bit hit-and-miss. (but they're so cheap! )

Would it ever work if I sold 5k into cash, then just initiated the transfer through Fidelity for 5k cash transfer?
    Originally posted by Warren1989
    well, that is a partial ISA transfer. how iweb would respond to that, i don't know.

do you want to switch investments, as well as transferring to a different manager? if you do, a cash transfer might be simpler (assuming a partial transfer is possible at all). but if you want to keep the same investments, then a stock transfer is preferable - since who knows how long this will take, if iweb may be uncooperative.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,491Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin