Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 289Posts
    • 116Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 3
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 29th Apr 18, 3:33 PM
    • 1,615 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    nic_c
    There seems to be a capacity problem with people trying to log on all the time, but my wage went in a DD's are going out. I can log in, sometimes a bit of patience is needed but I get in. For those struggling are you sure you are no longer using the old online.tsb url, have you cleared your cache and tried using a different browser? Tried a different time of the day?
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 29th Apr 18, 3:37 PM
    • 606 Posts
    • 1,048 Thanks
    IanManc
    ask for compensation
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Why have you never suggested this before?

• Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 29th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Fingerbobs
    Clicked to go back to my accounts and was thrown out completely with the following message:
    The server is temporarily unavailable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later
    Originally posted by fabsaver
    You are not thrown out at that stage. Just reload the page and you're back where you were.
    • hard slog
    • By hard slog 29th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    hard slog
    to be honest I've been lucky and not had too much trouble. wages went in on Friday and hopefully bills will go out on 1st but my credit card seems to have disappeared totally - maybe it's been lost in the big switch
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 30th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    fabsaver
    Complain via email and ask for compensation Reckon TSB will give default compensation for anyone that complains.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    I will don't worry

I've been saving screenshots of all the error messages to back up my complaint.
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 30th Apr 18, 8:36 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    fabsaver
    You are not thrown out at that stage. Just reload the page and you're back where you were.
    Originally posted by Fingerbobs
    Thanks I'll try that next time.

Seems to be a pointless exercise at the moment though. I can't actually make any payments because my password is apparently too long or too short
    • katjavm
    • By katjavm 1st May 18, 12:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    katjavm
    I made 5 phone calls and incurred 11.40 GBP worth's of charges. Going to try and claim that back. After that I'm going to keep my spare change in an old sock under my mattress :-(
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st May 18, 4:47 PM
    • 56,188 Posts
    • 227,134 Thanks
    beanielou
    to be honest I've been lucky and not had too much trouble. wages went in on Friday and hopefully bills will go out on 1st but my credit card seems to have disappeared totally - maybe it's been lost in the big switch
    Originally posted by hard slog
    Mine is lost too.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 1st May 18, 4:57 PM
    • 4,471 Posts
    • 38,924 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Last night screen froze- wouldn't let me complete transactions, not even letting me log out.
    Today?
    "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

For goodness sake- this is more than a week since their IT was 'updated!!' - certainly not for the better..............
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..4342 cc+.2415mm (£2.41.5) + RK £5.21= £30.64.5
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 1st May 18, 5:34 PM
    • 2,654 Posts
    • 4,364 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    While acknowledging (but personally disagreeing with) the repeated assertions of one poster about people's over-reliance on online banking, standing orders going wrong are another thing entirely - issues with standing orders suggests a problem not exclusive to online banking.

I'm fortunate that my TSB Classic Plus is in essence a savings account (the interest pays my VED and subsidises my TV licence). But the likes of me are very much tolerated due to complying with the account's T&Cs, rather than the type of customer that TSB ideally wishes to attract and retain. The people really affected by this are people who were attracted to TSB due to the switching bonus but intend to use the account normally. People who set up a new account with TSB due to the interest rate or proximity to the branch, or indeed started with Lloyds TSB and ended up as TSB customers. Small business account holders. These are exactly the sorts of people that TSB needs to look after the most, as they'll make far more money out of them than they'll ever make out of me.

My question therefore, is does TSB's commitment with respect to fees and charges in April now extend to May? Because even aside from the "moral dilemma" of how close to a deadline you should leave payment and what level of responsibility you should take if the answer is "very" and something goes wrong, we're nine days past the scheduled completion of this work. The phone is a time-intensive and stressful medium of conducting banking at the best of times, and TSB branch managers have gone on the record in describing the situation in branch as "horrendous". Any issues customers have are quite likely to take more than an hour to resolve, i.e. they're unlikely to be able to do it on a work-day.
    Last edited by HornetSaver; 01-05-2018 at 5:37 PM.
    I'm standing by my pre-referendum prediction: "Brexit will lead to a recession"

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70662330
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 1st May 18, 5:50 PM
    • 2,654 Posts
    • 4,364 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    by hard slog
    Mine is lost too.
    by beanielou
    Before this all happened, TSB were bombarding my internet banking screen trying to encourage me to take out a credit card. Feel like a bit of an idiot for skipping past that page now.

But jokes aside - and I am of course assuming that in your cases it's an IT issue rather than permanently irretrievable data (sorry) - what sort of backup systems do banks have in place for data lost from one source? Not asking specifically about TSB here, but as a general question.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st May 18, 6:01 PM
    • 56,188 Posts
    • 227,134 Thanks
    beanielou
    Before this all happened, TSB were bombarding my internet banking screen trying to encourage me to take out a credit card. Feel like a bit of an idiot for skipping past that page now.

But jokes aside - and I am of course assuming that in your cases it's an IT issue rather than permanently irretrievable data (sorry) - what sort of backup systems do banks have in place for data lost from one source? Not asking specifically about TSB here, but as a general question.
    Originally posted by HornetSaver
    I am assuming it is an IT issue.
    They could not find it in branch either.
    I have spent a long time trying to resolve it but have to say I am getting so weary of the whole saga now.
    i keep getting cut off on telephone banking.
    It has just gone on too long now.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • HornetSaver
    • By HornetSaver 1st May 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,654 Posts
    • 4,364 Thanks
    HornetSaver
    I am assuming it is an IT issue.
    They could not find it in branch either.
    I have spent a long time trying to resolve it but have to say I am getting so weary of the whole saga now.
    i keep getting cut off on telephone banking.
    It has just gone on too long now.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    And to be clear, as I'm sure you'll appreciate from my previous post, I'm not making light of the situation people find themselves in, simply of the idea that a bank's incompetence might cause someone's debts to disappear.

The problem right now isn't simply the online issue (a bank capable of conducting business through other means can take the site down for a month for all I care). It's that it's a primarily online issue with a bank which entirely revolves around its online facilities. TSB's flagship account does not pay interest unless you go paperless. It is simply not geared up to handle alternative forms of conducting banking in the sort of volumes we're seeing.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 56,188 Posts
    • 227,134 Thanks
    beanielou
    And to be clear, as I'm sure you'll appreciate from my previous post, I'm not making light of the situation people find themselves in, simply of the idea that a bank's incompetence might cause someone's debts to disappear.

The problem right now isn't simply the online issue (a bank capable of conducting business through other means can take the site down for a month for all I care). It's that it's a primarily online issue with a bank which entirely revolves around its online facilities. TSB's flagship account does not pay interest unless you go paperless. It is simply not geared up to handle alternative forms of conducting banking in the sort of volumes we're seeing.
    Originally posted by HornetSaver
    You are right.
    Branches are just not able to cope with the increase in footfall & of course are also struggling with systems that dont work either.

***Keep plodding***
    • PaulSh
    • By PaulSh 1st May 18, 6:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    PaulSh
    "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    If you see that message, try refreshing the page - that worked for me earlier today.
    • Ashen
    • By Ashen 1st May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 485 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    Ashen
    The 'paperless' comment is a good point, and amongst those changes that banks have put onto us that make people far more reliant on online banking, I'd include branch closures.

A couple of months ago, I put in a transfer for my TSB ISA, and then had a letter from them saying they needed to see identification to process it (despite having two bank accounts, an ISA, and a credit card with them). There is no longer a TSB branch close to me, and this meant I had to take a half-day off work and travel the 3 hours via public transport there and back.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 1st May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    GTR King
    TSB Is a joke, It keeps saying servers are down etc.... Just logged me out..

All I wanna do is check if I can order a latest statement online but that doesn't even work... says there's no sheet available with the dates I choose. I know that's not true..

Will give them a few more weeks if they haven't sorted it by then (It's up to them to fix it) I will complain & try see when it's gonna be fixed... If it's gonna be ages I will close my account...

I have Had very good service up until now...
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 2nd May 18, 6:19 AM
    • 952 Posts
    • 2,555 Thanks
    Terry98
    I have a problem but I don't want to wait hours on the phone.

Can I send them a message? I can see an Inbox but no Outbox!
    • alanw1lson
    • By alanw1lson 2nd May 18, 9:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alanw1lson
    TSB issues still occuring
    Still a number of issues with getting into TSBs online banking. The old login page still says that online is unavailable. Not ideal for those who had it as a bookmark.
    One in, various actions, such as Quick transfer are still not working. Other iteam display parts of the code that SHOULD NEVER be displayed to users.
    As an ex TSB computing staff member, I find it rather amusing that the Spanish takeover has been such a disaster. It appears that they have put very little thought into things, done next to no testing and had no rollback plans for the disaster that has come about.
    When Lloyds customers were moved onto the TSB system (20 Years ago?) whilst a few problems happened, as is only to be expected in any large project, they didn't cause the total mayhem that this much smaller migration has now experienced.
    TSB needs to fix most of these problems as a matter of urgency and then investigate as to why such a mess has been made. I think it is unacceptable that the system is still causing large issues for customers.
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 2nd May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 1,552 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    After entering password and memorable phrase information.....

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

Complete joke.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin