Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 364Posts
    • 132Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • molerat
    • By molerat 29th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 19,427 Posts
    • 13,628 Thanks
    molerat
    Now Sunday 29 april, no access to my account since Friday 19 that's ten days. Still getting the restricted message and like others, despite lots of attempts. There is no word that actually describes how appalling this is. Denying access to my money, not knowing what is happening, whether bills are being paid, income received is so stressful. But what can i do if I can;t even get onto the site!!! .
    Originally posted by MOGGY47
    I find it hard to believe you still have no access. Are you using the new site address ? Tried a different browser ? Cleared cookies ? Used the Google link ? Gone to tsb.co.uk and clicked the log in ?
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • fizzypop
    • By fizzypop 29th Apr 18, 10:30 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    fizzypop
    Sunday 29 April and outage continues
    Login 10.24am and received the following:

"We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again."

This is using the new login on tsb.co.uk
    Last edited by fizzypop; 29-04-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 29th Apr 18, 10:35 AM
    • 2,937 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    For anyone who still has difficulty in logging in via the website, are you navigating to the log in page through a bookmark or by doing a new Google search each time?

I can!!!8217;t log in through a bookmark and that!!!8217;s because the website address has changed, so I need to set up a new bookmark before I can use it.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • iris
    • By iris 29th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    iris
    I can access my accounts, however, my credit card account is still not correct - can't access any of my c/c statements, neither is my credit card account showing date when payment should be made. Hopefully it will all go through correctly next week.
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 29th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    For anyone who still has difficulty in logging in via the website, are you navigating to the log in page through a bookmark or by doing a new Google search each time?

I can!!!8217;t log in through a bookmark and that!!!8217;s because the website address has changed, so I need to set up a new bookmark before I can use it.
    Originally posted by Money_Grabber13579
    We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 29th Apr 18, 10:58 AM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 19,653 Thanks
    Doc N
    Now Sunday 29 april, no access to my account since Friday 19 that's ten days. Still getting the restricted message and like others, despite lots of attempts. There is no word that actually describes how appalling this is. Denying access to my money, not knowing what is happening, whether bills are being paid, income received is so stressful. But what can i do if I can;t even get onto the site!!! .
    Originally posted by MOGGY47
    Youíre not by any chance trying to log in via the old website are you? Itís still showing an old unavailable message but the new oneís working relatively normally for me.
    • Be Happy
    • By Be Happy 29th Apr 18, 11:04 AM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Be Happy
    Thought I was one of the lucky ones. I've had no trouble logging in during the week and all account info was correct. However today I can load in and get put on a 'holding list' but then get the same message as above - 'We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.' - Have tried refreshing page several times, but makes no difference.

Assume it is just number trying to access just now.
    • Prudent
    • By Prudent 29th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    • 11,212 Posts
    • 48,844 Thanks
    Prudent
    Thought I was one of the lucky ones. I've had no trouble logging in during the week and all account info was correct. However today I can load in and get put on a 'holding list' but then get the same message as above - 'We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.' - Have tried refreshing page several times, but makes no difference.

Assume it is just number trying to access just now.
    Originally posted by Be Happy
    I had the same problem this morning. I have got in sporadically during the week, always on a holding list. I can see my accounts on the app, but it won't let me transfer any money.
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 29th Apr 18, 11:20 AM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    Is it just me wondering why the regulator or government arenít getting involved in this fiasco. Iím fortunate in that I only use the bank for savings accounts but itís caused misery for a lot of people, ruining businesses and in at least one case a wedding.
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
    • Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 29th Apr 18, 11:27 AM
    • 468 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    Fingerbobs
    I had the same problem this morning. I have got in sporadically during the week, always on a holding list. I can see my accounts on the app, but it won't let me transfer any money.
    Originally posted by Prudent
    Are you just seeing the string "holdingList" at the end of the URL in your browser's location bar? Are you sure that doesn't just mean it's showing you a list of the accounts you hold?
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 29th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 7,232 Posts
    • 19,609 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Are you just seeing the string "holdingList" at the end of the URL in your browser's location bar? Are you sure that doesn't just mean it's showing you a list of the accounts you hold?
    Originally posted by Fingerbobs
    ^ This.

The tab says "Holding list" because it should display a list of your account holdings.

It doesn't mean you are "on hold"
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 29th Apr 18, 11:47 AM
    • 4,590 Posts
    • 5,167 Thanks
    robatwork
    I could get in for the last few days. However I just tried - using the login link from the TSB homepage. I could enter credentials but then get the same error as above

Their problems aren't yet fixed
    • Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 29th Apr 18, 11:49 AM
    • 468 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    Fingerbobs
    I could get in for the last few days. However I just tried - using the login link from the TSB homepage. I could enter credentials but then get the same error as above

Their problems aren't yet fixed
    Originally posted by robatwork
    Same for me, and the iPhone app just shows a blank screen after successful login.
    • Uxb
    • By Uxb 29th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    Uxb
    Is it just me wondering why the regulator or government aren!!!8217;t getting involved in this fiasco.
    Originally posted by hollie.weimeraner
    Oh I expect the Band of England, HMG and the FCA are heavily involved and were probably involved in getting IBM at one day's notice in over the heads of the Spanish owners to supposedly to 'fix it'.
    However the very last thing they would want by any announcement is to give any impression that the viability of TSB as a functioning bank is being monitored closely.
    They would be worried not to precipitate a N.Rock style bank run which was precipitated by N.Rock seeking BofE Liquidity support - and anyone who could properly took that as a sign collapse was imminent and withdrew their wonga pronto.
    • ctdctd
    • By ctdctd 29th Apr 18, 12:16 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    ctdctd
    I've been able to log in a couple of times.
    Today, I could see the transactions in my Current Account, but when I tried the Monthly Saver I got:-
    "Session could not be found in Context Manager"

Clicking on the link to go back to the account list gives me:-
    "We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again."

Nearly a week after the "upgrade" - not good enough.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
    • Be Happy
    • By Be Happy 29th Apr 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Be Happy
    I am able to log in now and see accounts.

Only thing I can't do is view statements on Credit Card, although I can scroll back through transactions on 'recent transactions'.
    • nbinblack
    • By nbinblack 29th Apr 18, 2:17 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    nbinblack
    Be careful not to get caught out by possible scam emails, I have just had one and the link it wants clicking isn't the new link starter.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 29th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 2,051 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Oh I expect the Band of England......are heavily involved
    Originally posted by Uxb
    God I hope not.

All they can 'play' is 'The Great Escape' but I guess that might be quite apt!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_England_Band
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 29th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    fabsaver
    Complete waste of time and effort trying to do anything

Today when trying to log in I was presented with:
    We are sorry. An error appears trying to load the resume of your account. Please try again.
    Eventually got in after numerous attempts. Tried to make a payment, entered password and got:
    You've either not entered enough characters or you've entered too many
    Tried again to a different payee and got:
    Session could not be found in Context Manager
    Clicked to go back to my accounts and was thrown out completely with the following message:
    The server is temporarily unavailable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later
    No TSB I am not going to waste any more of my time trying again later.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 29th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    No TSB I am not going to waste any more of my time trying again later.
    Originally posted by fabsaver
    Complain via email and ask for compensation Reckon TSB will give default compensation for anyone that complains.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,892Posts Today

8,462Users online

Martin's Twitter