Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 289Posts
    • 116Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 23rd Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,237 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    Already being discussed here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5829391
    • Caddyman
    • By Caddyman 23rd Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    Caddyman
    • 23rd Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    23/4/18 @ 18.46 hours, I accessed my TSB current account on my iphone using the mobile banking app, and no issues for me whatsoever.
    • gallifreyangirl
    • By gallifreyangirl 23rd Apr 18, 10:14 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    gallifreyangirl
    • 23rd Apr 18, 10:14 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 10:14 PM
    Lucky you I can't access my TSB account.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 23rd Apr 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 764 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 23rd Apr 18, 10:48 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 10:48 PM
    @ Callum
    Hope you'll remember to change the title of this thread when TSB on-line starts working again..
    • Cheapskate
    • By Cheapskate 24th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 1,621 Posts
    • 19,795 Thanks
    Cheapskate
    • 24th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 24th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    2.50pm Tuesday - still unable to log in to online banking, either through the app or on computer. Distinctly unimpressed!! We use this account to feed our Paypal account for hubby's business - if he can't pay suppliers, he loses work!!
    Aug '18 GC £23/£350
    • colsten
    • By colsten 24th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 9,115 Posts
    • 7,952 Thanks
    colsten
    • 24th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 24th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    2.50pm Tuesday - still unable to log in to online banking, either through the app or on computer. Distinctly unimpressed!! We use this account to feed our Paypal account for hubby's business - if he can't pay suppliers, he loses work!!
    Originally posted by Cheapskate
    Never rely on just one bank account. Have at least two, with different financial institutions, or some other alternative source of cash.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 24th Apr 18, 5:43 PM
    • 9,068 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 24th Apr 18, 5:43 PM
    • 24th Apr 18, 5:43 PM
    For us it's only savings account for us, but if this carries on well into next month they will take current account money at 3% to pay a standing order to a savings account paying 2%, which is normally externally funded.
    • Cheapskate
    • By Cheapskate 24th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1,621 Posts
    • 19,795 Thanks
    Cheapskate
    • 24th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    • 24th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    Never rely on just one bank account. Have at least two, with different financial institutions, or some other alternative source of cash.
    Originally posted by colsten
    We can find another way around it, it's just going to mean some work tonight! More concerned that we can't check whether the a/c will go overdrawn as we can't feed money into it.
    Aug '18 GC £23/£350
    • robin58
    • By robin58 25th Apr 18, 12:57 AM
    • 2,554 Posts
    • 2,979 Thanks
    robin58
    Originally posted by colsten
    Totally Agree.

I learnt this the hard way in the 90's, when I could not access my money from my only current account. I used to work late. When I went to my then bank atm after work, I was unable to get any money because the bank was 'balancing the banks accounts'.

Now I have 2 current accounts, 2 credit card and access to cash from 2 saving accounts, all with different providers. If a problem occurs like the TSB fiasco, I can at least pay by an alternative source.
    Last edited by robin58; 25-04-2018 at 1:12 AM.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 25th Apr 18, 4:48 AM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 783 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    TSB Online Banking Now Working
    Just logged on this morning and TSB online banking is now working fine.

Hope I've not spoken too soon
    • quantumlobster
    • By quantumlobster 25th Apr 18, 6:06 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    quantumlobster
    It's not out of the woods yet. They're still doing the "restricting the number of people who can log in" thing on the web. But my mobile app worked this morning.
    • bazwaldo
    • By bazwaldo 25th Apr 18, 7:21 AM
    • 136 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    bazwaldo
    Still not able to login, apparently they are restricting members logging in. Tried numerous times, guess i'm not one of the lucky ones...if there are any.
    • newatc
    • By newatc 25th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 323 Thanks
    newatc
    Not able to log in - going to leave it for a few days. Anyone can have this type of issue but the continuing misleading (borderering on lies) statements are really annoying me. Certainly won't be increasing my use of the bank when this period is over and will consider closing. Cover ups never work.
    • lazer-zxr
    • By lazer-zxr 25th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 460 Thanks
    lazer-zxr
    I've initiated a switch away from TSB. This is so disrespectful, denying people the right to view or manage their own money. Best get my money out ASAP.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 25th Apr 18, 11:06 AM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 764 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Still not able to login, apparently they are restricting members logging in. Tried numerous times, guess i'm not one of the lucky ones...if there are any.
    Originally posted by bazwaldo
    'We're limiting access...' - TSB speak for 'It's still not working...'
    • MOGGY47
    • By MOGGY47 29th Apr 18, 8:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MOGGY47
    Now Sunday 29 april, no access to my account since Friday 19 that's ten days. Still getting the restricted message and like others, despite lots of attempts. There is no word that actually describes how appalling this is. Denying access to my money, not knowing what is happening, whether bills are being paid, income received is so stressful. But what can i do if I can;t even get onto the site!!! .
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 29th Apr 18, 9:21 AM
    • 5,646 Posts
    • 4,974 Thanks
    mgdavid
    As I said last night on the other thread:-

Online banking (from PC) still working fine for me. As it's end-of-month weekend I just swept up my interest and did two external transfers which reached the destination bank account within a couple of minutes.

I have had zero problems with this IT change. The only thing I can attribute this to is that 'it' knows I'm ex-IT tech and doesn't dare go wrong for me...
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 29th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 3,602 Posts
    • 1,884 Thanks
    MABLE
    Tried logging in via app today and even though I got through I only get a blank screen.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 29th Apr 18, 9:27 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    TSB have advised that they will cover all expenses (unpaid bills, overdraft costs, etc.). Just keep a record of any costs. Suggest you send them a complaint email to highlight your issues.

I expect that they will compensate everyone eventually.

This will cost TSB £millions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,047Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin