Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MysteryMan
    • By MysteryMan 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 13Thanks
    MysteryMan
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views?
    • 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views? 26th Oct 17 at 2:17 PM
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but, here goes.....

Has anybody got any experience/views of the HSL Smart Market System? It is a set of software tools for trading shares on stock market.

Any views would be appreciated and, in particular, if anyone has any idea of how much the system costs to buy into and what is the minimum sort of investments you need to make it worthwhile.

Yes, I could call them, but, would be helpful to know this without having a hard-sell salesman on the other end of phone!

Last edited by MysteryMan; 26-10-2017 at 2:19 PM.
Page 4
    • Barry Atkinson
    • By Barry Atkinson 18th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Barry Atkinson
    Barry Atkinson
    Hi Nic
    Please can you get in touch re HSL
    • Owena1
    • By Owena1 18th Apr 18, 10:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Owena1
    Ok. So here's where I'm at.
    Reported to FCA this morning, am now sending them photographs of everything I received from HSL.
    Will be speaking to Action Fraud tomorrow morning.
    Spoke to my bank (Lloyds) who have taken a detailed report and are passing it onto Investment Fraud.
    I am very much interested in joining forces with all you others that have been caught by this.
    I will get to the bottom of it... so Austin, Ethan, Scott etc... if you read this. We are on your case
    Keep in touch please....
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 19th Apr 18, 9:56 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    My Bank, Santander, have been on their tail for the last three months.
    There is an objection to them being struck off at companies house.
    I really hope these individuals are caught.
    • Khayrul
    • By Khayrul 19th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Khayrul
    Hi,
    I am a victim of the same scam guys, I feel stupid to buy this HSL Smart System, In November 17, a guy by the name of Scott Taylor, apparently he is from Australia called me, God knows from where he got my number, and lured me into this scam like the others here I paid 3950 and 350 for value stock data. They did not even activate my account fully. I never traded anything. Now their phone replies invalid and no reply to my email. I am totally gutted, seems like we all are duped here. Please keep us updated if any hope to recover our money arises.
    • Khayrul
    • By Khayrul 19th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Khayrul
    'they were so convincing'- exactly, they never sounded like the people who set up a scam. I cant believe with this sort of skill they have to scam people as their profession.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 19th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    'they were so convincing'- exactly, they never sounded like the people who set up a scam. I cant believe with this sort of skill they have to scam people as their profession.
    Originally posted by Khayrul
    I am 53 and its first time I have ever been scammed.
    Like you say, they were very convincing.
    If Ethan Bailey, Scott taylor, Kevin Stewart, Mark laurence or Austin and Co are reading this.
    Congratulations in getting your ill gotten gains, i suspect most of us wont be sleeping in shop door ways because of you, so maybe you can all sleep at night, who knows??
    Karma is a !!!!! and i KNOW it will come back and bite you in the !!!! eventually.
    • Khayrul
    • By Khayrul 19th Apr 18, 8:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Khayrul
    Hi Guys,

I just have reported this scam to action fraud. I would ask everyone to do so search their website actionfraud . provide as much as details as you can.
    • Khayrul
    • By Khayrul 19th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Khayrul
    collectively it would be over 100000 pound. should police not do smoothing?
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 19th Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    collectively it would be over 100000 pound. should police not do smoothing?
    Originally posted by Khayrul
    think you need around 20 people to complain to make 100k Scam, around 12-14 so far so getting there!!
  • davley2
    Hi,
    I have been scammed too. I have reported it to action fraud and also raised an MCOL claim. However it came back to me. I am willing to join with others in a class action to get our money back.The company filed a request to have themselves struck off. I objected and got an email to say the strike off is delayed until September 21st. If everyone who was scammed reports to Action Fraud via their website..then I believe the police will investigate.
    Last edited by davley2; 20-04-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: More info
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 20th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 33,059 Posts
    • 38,625 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Good luck , assets are 99% likely to be outside the reach of the UK courts and regulator.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Owena1
    • By Owena1 20th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Owena1
    Hsl scam
    We mustn't be far away from the required number of people that have been caught up in this.
    I'm just waiting for the FCA and Action Fraud to come back to me.
    • Owena1
    • By Owena1 20th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Owena1
    What is their company details, I couldn't find them on Companies House website!!!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 20th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Highway software Ltd
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 20th Apr 18, 5:39 PM
    • 20,440 Posts
    • 12,659 Thanks
    dacouch
    Now I am not on holiday and have access to a lap top rather than typing on my phone I will elaborate on the sales techniques I over heard.

If it is not the same company I did some installation work at then it will be a similar scam.

This is from memory, I was there about two years ago but remember it fairly well as I have a back ground in financial services and knew what they were saying was BS

The customer was told the cost of the system was (roughly) 8000 but they were so confident the system would make money you would make money you only need to pay half the cost now. The other amount was due in 18 months and you could pay this out of your profits. If you did not make any money (They told you this was not possible if you followed their instructions) you did not have to pay.

They told people that they also supplied the software for many trading floors including Barclays Bank.

They asked you if you had a pension, when you said yes they would tell you do you realise your pension provider uses the same system as them but charges you 10% commission. Why not cut the pension company out and reap the extra money yourself.

If you said you did not have a pension they would use the above but word it for ISAs

The software is supposedly professional and only available to banks etc but once a year they realeased a very veyr limited number of software licences and you had the chance to buy one of these licences.

They will supply you with recommendations to buy / sell each day.

What are your attitudes to risk? I see you do not want to take to many risks, that is ok as the software allows you to program in stop losses so if in the very unlikely event one of our recommendations loses money you can ensure you can prevent losses more than say 2%.

They had at least 8 sales people and they were very very good salesmen using very high pressure sales techniques. They looked to be on very high commissions and it looked to me they were signing up many people a day. They held meetings every day and would discuss the main news items and ways they could use it to their advantage to word their sales to best effect.

It looked to me that they would appear to receive a small comission for getting a customer to accept a demonstration of the software in their home with the salesman talking the customer through the demo over the phone.

There were many other things they said, but I cannot remember them all.

As I mentioned before they were in a serviced office (Near Tower Bridge) and their office had two doors (Very close to each other). Each door you had to press an intercom and be buzzed in. It was clearly their to give them extra time if they were raided / prevent any unwanted visitors.

As mentioned before, I will happily give the address of the company I did a few days installation work at via direct message if anyone wants it for reporting it to the police etc. The chances are they will have moved or will be monitoring this thread so may be long gone. They were making really serious money so moving offices for their new company would not be a problem for them.

They were clearly targeting potential customers who could afford to spend 4k and who would be interested in investing in the stock market.

Do not feel stupid for being scammed as these guys were very very good at sales, there was so much money in it for them that they would tell you anything to get a sale.

I think from memory of looking at their white board with sales each salesmen was expected to sell 5+ a week...
    • Barry Atkinson
    • By Barry Atkinson 20th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Barry Atkinson
    Here is my update we should all exchange numbers via this site and sit down together to map a strategy out -now seems to be a good number coming forward.I spoke to action fraud today and now have a ref number and because i paid via bacs and credit card both banks are now on it and I have a case handler with both banks fraud teams. So everyone lets go for restitution legally -We could sue via the civil courts if there company is fake that would be a form of recourse imho.
    Barry.
    • Owena1
    • By Owena1 20th Apr 18, 10:46 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Owena1
    Awesome idea Barry. Im with you 100%
    I've had email confirmation from Action Fraud. I've also given a full report to Lloyds Bank, witch is being looked into by the Investment Fraud Team. Will happily exchange numbers and make sure these guys get what they deserve. Jail!!!
    • Alc124
    • By Alc124 20th Apr 18, 11:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Alc124
    I too paid 4950 for the system and 799 for data.

Feeling very stupid just now.

I paid 500 on CC and rest bank transfer.

I will contact bank tomorrow and take advice.

Are the bank likely to refund due to the insurance on credit card?
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 21st Apr 18, 12:37 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    I too paid 4950 for the system and 799 for data.

Feeling very stupid just now.

I paid 500 on CC and rest bank transfer.

I will contact bank tomorrow and take advice.

Are the bank likely to refund due to the insurance on credit card?
    Originally posted by Alc124
    Yes you should get a full refund under section 75 consumer credit act.
    it covers you if you paid just 10% of cost on CC.
    it covers you for the other 90% funds you lost too!
    • Paul6262
    • By Paul6262 21st Apr 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Paul6262
    HSL corruption
    Very convincing series of phone calls and literature over August. Guarantee sent in post. Paid around 5000 for software and trading site. Initially lots of support and some profit made. Then in April phone calls stopped. Email and phone numbers no longer worked. See no way of getting money back unless the company can be located and we go down on mass.

A real scam and so professionally done
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,269Posts Today

6,146Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin