Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MysteryMan
    • By MysteryMan 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 13Thanks
    MysteryMan
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views?
    • 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views? 26th Oct 17 at 2:17 PM
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but, here goes.....

Has anybody got any experience/views of the HSL Smart Market System? It is a set of software tools for trading shares on stock market.

Any views would be appreciated and, in particular, if anyone has any idea of how much the system costs to buy into and what is the minimum sort of investments you need to make it worthwhile.

Yes, I could call them, but, would be helpful to know this without having a hard-sell salesman on the other end of phone!

Last edited by MysteryMan; 26-10-2017 at 2:19 PM.
Page 2
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 3rd Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1,613 Posts
    • 1,402 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    If it was really that profitable do you think they would be selling this information on?
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 3rd Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Stay well away would be my advice - I have been using the system for 6 months and despite so called support and I am quite experienced at successfully managing my own quite large share porfolios on a daily basis I havent made a profit yet on shadow trading - why would I want to invest real money and lose it when deling in a dummy account duplicating what they recommend to buy doesnt make money - I might have lost money buying the system at a discount ( seems everyone gets a discount ) at least I havent lost money on investing in their recommended shares. Best avoided and better to save your money and follow trusted share tippers / magazines I feel
    Originally posted by Experienced Trader
    experienced.. I have sent you a pm!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 3rd Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    If it was really that profitable do you think they would be selling this information on?
    Originally posted by parking_question_chap
    fair point!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 16th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    HSL My Story
    The following info is for all to see on the companies house website -

Registered office address
    40 Bank Street, London, England, E14 5NR
    Company status

Active Active proposal to strike off
    Company type
    Private limited Company
    Incorporated on
    28 May 2004

Accounts overdue

I had to get my money back via a successful section 75 claim with my credit card provider.
    Initially, I contacted HSL to ask for a refund due to losing money whilst paper trading for 90 days.
    I could never get anyone at HSL to call me back, unbelievably, my bank had the same problem!!!
    I would think that seeing as the company is subject to a Striking off order, the chances of them honoring any performance Guarantees would be very slim indeed?
    I would love to hear from anyone whom achieved anywhere near their performance targets??
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 19th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    URGENT NEWS

This is urgent for anyone who is owed money from HSL, which I imagine is anyone who was foolhardy enough to buy into their useless program.

Search for Highway Software Limited on Companies House. On 13th March the company put in a notice that they would be dissolving in 2 months.

I will be putting in an objection to Companies House immediately. Please contact me if you are in a similar situation ie you are a creditor.
    • chrishall93
    • By chrishall93 21st Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chrishall93
    Hello,

I have also grown ever increasingly apprehensive about buying into this software.
    I have invested a fair chunk of money and got nothing in return. I was offered a 'guarentee' but I'm not sure it's worth the paper its written on.
    Is it possible for me to make a compaint to an organisation to try and get some / all of my money back? I've never done something like this before and don't even know where to start.

The money I paid was via a bank transfer (Natwest)?

Any help would be much appreciated via PM.

Thank you!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 21st Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    URGENT ACTION IS NEEDED NOW.
    Anyone whom bought into HSL should be looking into their options right now!
    if Highway Software ltd is struck off, then surely all the Money back Guarantees would be invalid??
    I was lucky as my Credit card Company refunded me, but they assured me they will still be taking action against HSL.
    Personally, if i hadnt used a credit card, i would be taking professoinal advise first thing tomorrow morning.
    if you cannot afford professional advice then the Citizens advice Bureau would be a good start as it is FREE!
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 22nd Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    IMPORTANT

I went down to their offices yesterday they are long gone, yet are FRAUDULENTLY using this address at Companies House.

Anyone that has done dealings with this company needs to report it to Action Fraud now, the more reports they get the more likely they are to act.

Highway Software Ltd were renting a Virtual Office through Servcorps, this is the message I got from them :

"Thanks for getting in touch.
    We are aware that this company is illegally advertising our address on Companies House. Unfortunately, as they are not specifically advertising Level 18, we cannot have the address manually removed; rather frustrating.

We are limited by Data Protection regarding what information we can give out to members of the public, however I can advise that the company was terminated due to becoming bad debt at the end of 2017."

Obviously no fixed address makes it impossible to take legal action.
    Last edited by nickrave; 22-03-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added information
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 22nd Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    couple of useful sites, the forum will not let me post links sorry -
    actionfraud dot police dot uk/
    fca dot org dot uk/
    Last edited by clubconsoles; 22-03-2018 at 7:57 PM.
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 22nd Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    OK So I've tried contacting the director from the Companies House address. It's not the same person, they stole his identity - either that or the man who answers is lying - I don't think he is.

Companies House are in the process of dissolving them due to non-compliance. There is no address.

We've all been had.

Not much we can do.

Painful to admit, I never really believed them anyway... I just had no idea it was so easy to start a Ltd company with fake information. A virtual office...

Pretty much all we can do is learn from this... But DO report to Action Fraud. The irony is the Police do have powers to trace this, but they wont be interested unless there's a murder, or over 100k has gone missing.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 22nd Mar 18, 8:12 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Nickrave
    You need about 23+ people to come forward.
    At the loss figure of 4500 each it would total the 100K required.
    I really hope you get a result.
    Please keep posting on here, you never know as more people get wind of this!
    It is TOP of a GOOGLE Search for "HSL Smart Market System"
    Some people are understandably embarrassed about being caught out and will not put their losses on a public forum.
    I think it is such a awful thing to do leading people to think they are doing the right thing by investing in their retirement.
    I can tell you there are a few that are still not convinced they have been scammed and are diligently downloading the LSE data everyday.
    I do not understand this, it dosen't make money, period!
    There is no money back Guarantee to claim against.
    I am using the HSL disk as a Coaster for my Coffee.
    That's all it is good for.
    At 3950 it is definately the most expensive coaster that i have ever bought!!
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 23rd Mar 18, 12:43 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    Good attitude
    Yes! It has been really painful to admit that I've been screwed over. I thought I was better than this. but we have to accept it. And we have to do what we can to stop these people now, as they are still trading, under a fake name, and a fake address. So if you are reading this, do as I have done, SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE, report it to ACTION FRAUD, to FCA, Stop wasting your time, and if anything go do some investigative work, as the Police aren't going to help you. I'm always here if you need someone to back you up, But FORGET IT These guys are somewhere in the estuary spending our money cos we got duped.
    • AdamW61
    • By AdamW61 4th Apr 18, 2:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    AdamW61
    I've been had
    Hi, despite thinking I was going into this with my eyes open - I did a lot of trawling the web prior to parting with my cash, it appears I have been had. The data is worthless. Interested in joint action against them.
    • Vance1
    • By Vance1 4th Apr 18, 7:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vance1
    Hi I joined hsl last year about 6 months ago cost me 4500 for the package + 799 for lifetime share dealing was promised full support of how to use there system with over phone assistance however not one trade they have placed for me has made any profit still in red manager salesman who signed me up will not respond to any calls I have made ? Would I recommend this system no there system daily report comes up with the top trades but all the trades thay made for me have lost me money (my advice do an isa you might get a profit)
    • imran10
    • By imran10 4th Apr 18, 8:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    imran10
    hi guys,
    been reading everybody's views, unfortunately I have also been had. There was a written agreement back in September 2017 that if I don't make back the money that I had initially invested, I would get the full refund (5000). I should have thought about it then, but I didn't and went with it. Now like the most of you, I'm trying to get my money back and have left a stupendous amount of messages/emails, and nothing. I paid for the system via debit card.
    Is there anything we can do at all? I'm absolutely gutted about all of this, some of us work very hard and earn honest money to provide for our families, and thought this would ease my ever growing bills! How wrong was I! I have seen a couple of us newbies have posted today, think weve all been fooled around about the same time. For those who have some experience in this, please advise? Some of you have mentioned about reporting. Please help. Thanks in advance,
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 4th Apr 18, 10:31 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Hi imran10, Vance1, adamw61
    How did you find this thread, was it a Google search, if so, you have come to the right place?
    i started with HSL in mid august 2017.
    i wont repeat my story as its all in the above thread for every member of the public to read.
    You should get together with "nickrave" as he was talking about some class action.
    Follow his advice and report to the FCA and action fraud, details in previous posts.
    I would be willing to give evidence of my experience if ever action was taken against the director of Highway software, a Mr Martin Trent Brown?
    My bank are after him and they have the resources to pursue him forever, if they think its a worthwhile use of their time.
    we shall see?
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 4th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    There is no Trent Brown
    There is no HSL, no Trent Brown... no action can be taken as the whole company and director was made up.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 4th Apr 18, 11:01 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Hi nickrave
    if thats the case, then how can this be?
    surely you have to have some sort of evidence of name and address to set a ltd company up.
    Same with a bank account? they need driver license and or passport.
    if it is possible to do fake office, company reg, director name etc... then the whole country would soon be overrun by fraudsters and no one would trust anyone?
    there must be some recourse, my bank have the details of their bank so surely they would share that info as fraud has plainly been committed here?
    • nickrave
    • By nickrave 4th Apr 18, 11:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nickrave
    The man listed as company director has been sending back mail from Companies House since September, they just stole his identity, found his name in the phone book. His first name isn't even 'Martin'. So there's no one listed under the company at Companies House, who has anything to do with the company. For all we know they may as well just stolen that name too.

So we have no address or contact person. It's true, it is harder to open up a bank account, but it wasn't say 20 years ago. There must be lots of bank accounts you can buy on the black market that have no real person connected to them.

Yes banks have some power, the police have more. But as far as my bank is concerned, I was sold a product, all be it a product that doesn't work, but a tangible product, so they can't treat it as a scam. They have committed fraud, but we have no idea who 'they' are. The police wont do anything unless 100k has been lost.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 4th Apr 18, 11:21 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    hmmm , very sad world we live in today, knowing whom you can/cannot trust is very difficult these days.
    I have never made money on stocks and shares and this unfortunate episode has mean i probably never will.
    so what Nick has said above is that clever devious people can carry on scamming and there is not alot we can do about it.
    I will never trust anyone whom cold calls me again no matter what now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,393Posts Today

6,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin