Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 3,619Posts
    • 6,794Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 2
    • Raffers
    • By Raffers 28th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Raffers
    Yes, I've done that. Just keep getting the screen saying:

Currently, there aren't any studies available for you, but rest assured: new studies will be posted soon!

Also, dunno if it is unrelated, but the link at the bottom of their screen showing their contact email address is not clickable. It's just text.
    • Raffers
    • By Raffers 28th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Raffers
    Have recently switched bank account and hadn't updated details on Circle's site. Have just made that change now and will see if that feeds across to Prolific. The account that Circle was pointing to is now a closed a/c.
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 28th Jan 18, 11:50 AM
    • 735 Posts
    • 1,368 Thanks
    MissPop
    Seem to be stuck with the following message on the front screen for the site:

We have made changes to how you request cashouts.
    You now need to make sure that your cashout email and preferred payment methods are set.
    You will also need to make sure that your cashout email and account are verified
    Your cashout email will automatically be used when you request a cashout.

It constantly asks me to confirm:

Please check that you have sufficient funds, your account is not on hold and that you have verified your account and cashout email.

But at the same time it confirms my account is not on hold. If I indulge their request, I get an email requesting me to confirm my details. Even after confirming, the situation doesn't change.

Also, haven't had a survey in over a week.
    Originally posted by Raffers
    I've got this message on my dashboard too, it hasn't affected me cashing out or taking surveys, so I wouldn't worry about it
    Make 2018 in 2018 - 964.82/2018

2018 totals
    GiftHulk - 24.73 | Swagbucks - 150
    Prolific Academic - 82.37 | Qmee - 55
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 28th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Raffers, does your account say this?

User Details
    Verified Cashout Email Verified

If so, and your Circle account now knows your bank details, I imagine all is OK. If you do have any issues, probably best to contact PA.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 28th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,119 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I've tried to get a cashout email confirmation but I just never receive it. Want to get the last few quid I've got remaining in there then I quit.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 28th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I was on the point of giving up too, then had a little flurry this last week but nothing for days, now. Sorry to see you go, LuSive.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 28th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    mikep22
    I've tried to get a cashout email confirmation but I just never receive it. Want to get the last few quid I've got remaining in there then I quit.
    Originally posted by LuSiVe
    How bizarre...I didnt think keeping a tab open with alerts was that much of a big deal myself....

More surveys for me...
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 28th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    How bizarre...I didnt think keeping a tab open with alerts was that much of a big deal myself....

More surveys for me...
    Originally posted by mikep22

You really can be such a....
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 28th Jan 18, 9:19 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    GreyAndGold

More surveys for me...
    Originally posted by mikep22
    Keeping a tab open is not a problem.

The problem is getting one or two studies equating to a pound or two then not getting any more for a fortnight and having to wait months to cash out. I'm patient when it comes to building up enough for cash outs but even I have my limits.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 29th Jan 18, 10:05 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,119 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    The surveys I liked doing - the big game theory or mathematical ones - don't seem to exist or get offered to me any more. I don't like the ones that are masses of social or political rating questions and as I don't feel I give them my full attention I don't do them. Also our computers at work have changed and I can no longer use Inquisit on them.

I've earned 11 in about the last 3 months - it's really not the cash cow it used to be for me sadly
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 29th Jan 18, 11:02 AM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I wish they would move that bl00dy Get Paid button! It's right where the Start a Study Now button used to be.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 29th Jan 18, 12:04 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,119 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    OK, apparently you need to be on the mailing list in order to verify your email.
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 29th Jan 18, 1:30 PM
    • 535 Posts
    • 3,688 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    I`ve verified my email but the message in the blue box is still there and my get paid button is grey and it`s been grey for about 3 days, taking forever for my money to be in the balance.

Dunno what to do

I`m on the mailing list too.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, 100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, 250 Zalando Voucher and 250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 29th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 4,547 Thanks
    AprilLady
    The message has just gone from my page today - finally! So maybe yours will go soon too!
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 29th Jan 18, 3:06 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I've been using Circle to cash out for a while, suddenly asks me for address and DOB before allowing withdrawal (done), then still won't allow and now asking for photo-ID!

Anyone else had this?
    Originally posted by chinupandcarryon
    I don't have a photo ID either.

Does anyone have any info on this? Is it now a requirement when cashing out via Circle?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 29th Jan 18, 3:52 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 102/581
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 6.00/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: 5.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Reward: 0.50
    • chinupandcarryon
    • By chinupandcarryon 29th Jan 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    chinupandcarryon
    I don't have a photo ID either.

Does anyone have any info on this? Is it now a requirement when cashing out via Circle?
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    Seems to be. Unfortunately they don't tell you until AFTER you have cashed out and have money sitting in Circle which you can't access! They allowed me to take it out but are now going to close my account.

By the way, although Smodlet () seems to have found them helpful in the past, that has not been my experience...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 29th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 6,794 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Seems to be. Unfortunately they don't tell you until AFTER you have cashed out and have money sitting in Circle which you can't access! They allowed me to take it out but are now going to close my account.

By the way, although Smodlet () seems to have found them helpful in the past, that has not been my experience...
    Originally posted by chinupandcarryon

Bummer! Guess I will chance my arm one more time, then ditch them and revert to PP, who at least seem to have a sense of proportion.

ETA: Just called Circle and was told, "it depends" whether one is asked for photo ID or not. The soooo American female (you know how they sound as if they have been sucking on helium their whole lives to give the impression they are still five years old?) had no idea on what "it depends" so I guess it is just a lottery. Not impressed.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 29-01-2018 at 8:49 PM.
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 29th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 535 Posts
    • 3,688 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Finally had some money into my balance but I`ve still got that annoying blue message and my get paid button is still grey

I`ve also got this message

Cannot request payout due to the following issues:
    You are requesting payout on an amount below the minimum. Please retry when you have more funds available.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, 100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, 250 Zalando Voucher and 250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 29th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    It needs to be over a fiver, as soon as it is the button turns green and becomes active.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,133Posts Today

6,917Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin