Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
  • peewak
    I went in on May 10th & resat my online assesment, the guy said I will recieve a phone call in the next 7 days. I rang manpower on Thursday & the gave me the number for the halewood office. I rang them & the lady I spoke to said that it is taking longer that they expected to process the applications & asked me to be patient & I will get a call or email in the next couple of weeks

Give them & call Monday & see do they tell you the same & let me know
    Originally posted by Eoiny555
    I done my online re-test on Friday the 4th May and got an email on the Monday saying, "Thank you for your applying to work for Manpower at Jaguar Land Rover Halewood, and completing the assessments. We really appreciate the time you have put into your application.
    Unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to progress your application further."

I was devastated as i was convinced I'd done ok. I was so angry and wanted answers, after numerous ignored emails I phoned Manpower at Halewood. The lady I spoke to told me I had applied twice and to ignore that email and that I would hear something in the next couple of weeks, but I know i only applied once so dont know whats going on. I wont hold my breath anyway because its been over two weeks now since my re-test..Good look to every one.
    Last edited by peewak; 19-05-2012 at 8:21 PM.
  • stefdev
    this is getting beyond a joke now. i think its totally unfair that people are even having to resit the online test.
    it was the end of march when my boyfriend disd the online assesment. had to wait 2 weeks for the manual assesment then 35 days after that for the interview then heard back that he passed the interview 2 days later then resat on 11th may and now current still waiting. if he doesnt get the job after all this then i think its a joke.
    anyone rang from before the resits on the 11th and know whats happening.
    this is a bit far fetched for an operative job.
  • donone46
    I went in on May 10th & resat my online assesment, the guy said I will recieve a phone call in the next 7 days. I rang manpower on Thursday & the gave me the number for the halewood office. I rang them & the lady I spoke to said that it is taking longer that they expected to process the applications & asked me to be patient & I will get a call or email in the next couple of weeks

Give them & call Monday & see do they tell you the same & let me know
    I'll update this after I've called them tomorrow, I wouldn't mind if they said everyone will know either way by 1st June, but their so sketchy and nobody seems to know EXACTLY what's going on.

Ah well fingers crossed for everyone (myself included!)
    Last edited by donone46; 21-05-2012 at 8:58 PM.
    • jon2012
    • By jon2012 21st May 12, 9:30 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jon2012
    A large number amount of recruits were started off on May 14th. Living local I know many people who applied.
    I was told the reason the online test had to be re sat was due to the fact Manpower had found out someone had been charging 10 to fraudulently undertake the online test on behalf of applicants in order to obtain a high score.
    Last edited by jon2012; 21-05-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: .
  • donone46
    I called Halewood this morning and was told it could take up until the 1st June due to the resits. How is this complicated? You pass all of the assessments, resit and pass the on-line assessment and if you get X% then you get a job.

I thought this was part EU funded so I can't see them taking the majority of people from reffered parties. Also with all the new employment laws how can this be allowed?

Sorry jon2012 I call in to questions your 'mates' off the record chat with someone who was on the phone, why would they risk their own postion with a comment like that? Stop stirring things mate!
    Last edited by donone46; 21-05-2012 at 8:59 PM.
    • springchicken
    • By springchicken 21st May 12, 2:05 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 506 Thanks
    springchicken
    Hubby has heard from numerous sources that the online application tests were resat because of Jon2012s reason above.
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • donone46
    Yeah I heard that someone had gone around doing tests for people as well, jon2012 has edited his response, he actually said that a manpower employee told a friend of his that all the vacancies have been filled by people whom had been referred by present employees of JLR.
  • eddardstark
    I'm applying for the Solihull plant. I passed all stages, had the interview, had an email confirming I had passed the interview etc. The 28 days mark was Thursday 17th May. Anyone had to wait longer?
    • springchicken
    • By springchicken 21st May 12, 7:44 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 506 Thanks
    springchicken
    Yeah I heard that someone had gone around doing tests for people as well, jon2012 has edited his response, he actually said that a manpower employee told a friend of his that all the vacancies have been filled by people whom had been referred by present employees of JLR.
    Originally posted by donone46
    Oops, didnt realise post had been edited.
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • donone46
    Oops, didnt realise post had been edited.
    Originally posted by springchicken
    No worries :-)
    • jon2012
    • By jon2012 22nd May 12, 11:07 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jon2012
    To correct my previous edited post. Not all vacancies were apparently filled by referred applicants but have heard time and time again in the last couple of weeks from current employees that it helped.
    Shouldn't have happened but no way of proving or doing anything about it unfortunately.
    I am in the same boat as many and was unsuccessful.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Last edited by jon2012; 22-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    • Eoiny555
    • By Eoiny555 22nd May 12, 5:32 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    Eoiny555
    it is very long winded, I first applied online on 13th March, had my manual assesment on 2nd April, did my final interview & drugs screening on 24th April & resat my online assesment on 10th May so its been over 2 months since I first applied & I still havnt got an awnser & if I am sucessfull I still have to work 4 weeks notice in my current job so looking late June/early July for a start date, 4 months in total between application & starting
  • anthonyt
    To correct my previous edited post. Not all vacancies were apparently filled by referred applicants but have heard time and time again in the last couple of weeks from current employees that it helped.
    Shouldn't have happened but no way of proving or doing anything about it unfortunately.
    I am in the same boat as many and was unsuccessful.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Originally posted by jon2012
    I doubt most places were filled by people who were referred. As I recently started without a referral, and talking to people who have started most of them have started without a referral. Possibly if you knew someone who works there it may help, but I would say 75% of the intake each week is from people doing the application without a referral.
  • stefdev
    does anyone know hoe many spaces are left. and when the last intake is
    • Eoiny555
    • By Eoiny555 23rd May 12, 5:39 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    Eoiny555
    I heard there is a intake every 2 weeks mid month & end of month until the end of July
  • mash123
    I had my online resit on the 11th May and found out yesterday I got the job. I wasnt a referral either so they are still taking people on just a backlog to sort out, good luck everyone.
    • Eoiny555
    • By Eoiny555 24th May 12, 11:24 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    Eoiny555
    I had my online resit on the 11th May and found out yesterday I got the job. I wasnt a referral either so they are still taking people on just a backlog to sort out, good luck everyone.
    Originally posted by mash123
    Well done mate, did they contact you or did you contact them? was it a phone call or email?
  • donone46
    Originally posted by mash123
    When did you have your original assessment and interview mash123? Just wondering what order their contacting people.

Cheers
    • Eoiny555
    • By Eoiny555 25th May 12, 8:13 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    Eoiny555
    When did you have your original assessment and interview mash123? Just wondering what order their contacting people.

Cheers
    Originally posted by donone46
    i called them again yesterday & said i was told i would know in 7 days but she said that the information was incorrect & it was up to 28 days & that people are being contacted in order of score, si the better scored ones are being called first
  • donone46
    i called them again yesterday & said i was told i would know in 7 days but she said that the information was incorrect & it was up to 28 days & that people are being contacted in order of score, si the better scored ones are being called first
    28 days from our re-test eoiny555?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

365Posts Today

4,322Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin