Super Balance Transfers discussion area

Comments

• thanks.
    i apprecite yr help
  • OK - I understand the concept + benefits BUT -
    what about the Egg Money balance transfer fee - wouldn't that automatically be charged even though you may still be in credit?
  • Bexm
    Bexm Posts: 455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If I have a Virgin MBNA card.. Can I get another MBNA card and do a money transfer to my account to pay it off??
  • If you want to use the mbna card to transfer to your overdraft, do mbna count this as a balance transfer or a money transfer?
    I have just applied for the card but skipped the transfer question as wasnt sure if money transfer had the same deal that the site mentions!
    Does anyone know??
  • smiler289
    smiler289 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi!

I paid off my BT credit card last month so I have just cancelled it. I believe the BT card is part of the MBNA family of cards.

My question is, can I apply for the Virgin card having just cancelled my BT card?

Cheers

Smiler
  • Stinkybell
    Stinkybell Posts: 193 Forumite
    MBNA platinum is charging a 4% fee for money transfers now according to it's website - the article needs updating as it only says it charges a 2.9% fee
    Chipping away at the mortgage...
    2013:£419k @ 3.14%
    2016:£385k @ 1.79%
    2019:£275k @ 1.84%
    2024: ??
  • smiler289
    smiler289 Posts: 12 Forumite
    smiler289 wrote: »
    Hi!

I paid off my BT credit card last month so I have just cancelled it. I believe the BT card is part of the MBNA family of cards.

My question is, can I apply for the Virgin card having just cancelled my BT card?

Cheers

Smiler

Just to let you know I applied for this card but was unsuccessful. It didnt say why but I would get a letter confirming that I had been unsuccessful, which I have not received.
  • I have an agreed overdraft with the bank of £3500, I also have a virgin credit card. Virgin are currently offering 6.9% till 14th October to transfer to bank accounts with a 2.98% charge. Virgin told me that after 14th October my interest rate would be a staggering 21.9%. I assumed it would be 18.9%. Has anyone else come across this problem and why are interest rates on credit cards so high?
  • Hi
    There is an offer on the MBNA card for 0% cash transfers at a fee of 2.9% to July 2010.
    Where can I invest the cash for 12 months for more than 2.9% nett?
  • Hi I have very poor credit ratings are there any cards that do super balance transfers which allow you transfer funds into a bank account?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback