Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deibu
    • By deibu 16th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deibu
    Santander Voluntary Termination
    • 16th May 18, 7:15 PM
    Santander Voluntary Termination 16th May 18 at 7:15 PM
    Good Evening All,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me shed some light on a question I have. I recently filed for voluntary termination of my car with Santander Finance and the car was picked up yesterday. I was given a receipt with the car's condition on the paper. The receipt doesn't detail any damage to the car (the diagram has no marks on it) also all the boxes ticked suggest the car is within reasonable wear and tear.

I was just wondering if its possible they could come back to me for further charges suggesting that there was damage that I could be charged for? Or am I able to stand behind my receipt that I was given by the inspector that it was within reasonable wear and tear?

I'm just a little uneasy as I called Santander to confirm and pay for the charges for pickup, the man on the phone said "oh we haven't seen if there is any refurb costs" this obviously made me think that there could possibly be further charges despite the paper stating that it was fine.

Cheers
Page 1
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 16th May 18, 7:29 PM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 1,247 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 16th May 18, 7:29 PM
    • 16th May 18, 7:29 PM
    My advice would be to wait and see what they come back with. It's no use worrying about something that may not happen.
    Last edited by Shakin Steve; 16-05-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 16th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 32,337 Posts
    • 20,338 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 16th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 16th May 18, 9:47 PM
    I agree with the previous poster.
    • venison
    • By venison 16th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 2,289 Posts
    • 2,481 Thanks
    venison
    • 16th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 16th May 18, 10:51 PM
    In hindsight (always a clever trick) I would have taken a few pics on my phone.
    Former Board Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,046Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin