Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pafpcg
    • By pafpcg 16th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 208Posts
    • 181Thanks
    pafpcg
    Clydesdale: "Your brand new Internet Banking is here!"
    • 16th May 18, 4:06 PM
    Clydesdale: "Your brand new Internet Banking is here!" 16th May 18 at 4:06 PM
    Clydesdale have a programme of moving batches of users from their old system to a new system. Today, when I tried to login, I was presented with an invitation to login to the new system. Sadly, it failed to login successfully with either my or my partner's login credentials. A call to their 08003457365 helpline elicited the following information:

1. The Clydesdale knee-jerk response to login failure is to recommend using Google's Chrome browser - when I said I'd close my account rather than install Chrome, the discussion seemed to lead to the conclusion that it's Chrome or nothing! Backtracking later in the discussion, it was more "You can try other browsers but Clydesdale have decided to support only Chrome".

2. We can still access the old login and account display system using a link near the bottom of the login front-page displayed as "Login to existing Internet Banking". But this is a limited-life option - it'll disappear soon. [I can report that the link to the old system works and I successfully completed what I wanted to do today.] I have been given an assurance that Technical Support at Clydesdale will get back to me with an indication of how long the old system will remain available so that I can transfer funds out of my Clydesdale accounts and do an orderly closure of the accounts in due course.

3. The Clydesdale support then spotted that the error message I'd got at the unsuccessful login was due to a failure by the new system to recognise my customer number. Some customer numbers have not been transferred correctly to the new system* and will have to be re-entered manually which would be done today. So if you're using Chrome (or some other working browser) when you get an error message "Sorry, we're no longer able to assist you online
    Please get in touch for further assistance", you'll have to ring Clydesdale and get them to add your customer number to the new system.

I have this afternoon succeeded in logging-in to the new system using my customer number (presumably now correctly re-entered). I used Firefox v52 (but v31 fails to login correctly) but don't try to change user preferences with Firefox v52, I just got a blank page and nowhere to go but to close the browser; but the accounts and money transfer pages displayed without problem. The new system is loaded with more javascript and has a totally different display and layout, with much larger font sizes. The old system had a very 'old-fashioned' basic appearance, very reminiscent of the data processing world of the 1970s which I was comfortable with and worked well once familiar with it - other customers will, of course, have different preferences....

* PS: Jokes about "Have you been taken over by TSB?" don't seem to go down too well....
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th May 18, 4:10 PM
    • 33,057 Posts
    • 38,625 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th May 18, 4:10 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:10 PM
    Can't see the problem with installing chrome , my only browser of choice..

Not unique to Clydesdale , creation finance won't allow me to log in via a mobile and only in chrome on my iPad
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 16th May 18, 4:29 PM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 7,602 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 16th May 18, 4:29 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:29 PM

Not unique to Clydesdale , creation finance won't allow me to log in via a mobile and only in chrome on my iPad
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Just because it's your browser of choice (and many other people's to be fair), that isn't an adequate justification for a website of a major commercial organisation to be programmed on the assumption that everyone will use Chrome!

There's always a trade-off between portability, usability and supported browsers, but the vast majority of websites will be supported on a choice of browsers across a range of devices and operating systems, so if Clydesdale really are saying that their new site is only supported on Google Chrome that would be pretty poor....
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th May 18, 4:52 PM
    • 33,057 Posts
    • 38,625 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th May 18, 4:52 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:52 PM
    Not condoning it , just pointing out it's not unique

There are other financial institutions who play the " we only support xxxxxx browser"
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • scoot65
    • By scoot65 16th May 18, 6:29 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    scoot65
    • 16th May 18, 6:29 PM
    • 16th May 18, 6:29 PM
    After reading the previous posts, I decided to try to log in using my usual browser Safari. Logged in OK, had to confirm a few details, but otherwise all very painless. Looks totally different, but seems to be working OK for me
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 16th May 18, 7:33 PM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 1,153 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 16th May 18, 7:33 PM
    • 16th May 18, 7:33 PM

Originally posted by Browntoa
    I can log in to creation with safari on my iPad.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 17th May 18, 3:21 PM
    • 4,526 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 17th May 18, 3:21 PM
    • 17th May 18, 3:21 PM
    It worked with Chrome (as expected) or Firefox but not Edge.
    They do still have a link to the old version on the website.

I found their new Android app to be fine - it's basically a clone of B app without the multiple colours and budgeting features. I suspect this new internet banking will be along similar lines.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

1,848Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin