Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • travshepherd
    • By travshepherd 16th May 18, 5:16 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 4Thanks
    travshepherd
    Critical Illness Claim
    • 16th May 18, 5:16 PM
    Critical Illness Claim 16th May 18 at 5:16 PM
    Hi all

Wonder if you can help me understand where I stand.

On 28/03 I was diagnosed with a stroke of the thalamus which has left irreversible damage to a small part of brain tissue.

Iíve been recovering well and returned to work. I have put a claim in for CIC.

I am on nerve damage drugs which numb pain and a high dose as well.

I saw my consultant and she has said that I may not have any PNDís which means the claim may not be paid. When I discussed my symptoms with her I said I get occasional pain in my left arm and pins and needles. Still having headache but now Iím on meds paracetamol remove this whereas before nothing worked. She advised me to reduce my meds and see how that goes. I started to reduce and with a day the stiff neck and arm returned with headaches. My GP has told me to go back to the higher dose.

Where do I stand. Without meds Iím in pain with meds I only have occasional issues. I sometimes struggle to find words and if I donít make notes at work I lose concentration or forget things.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin