Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 30ismorethan171991haha
    • By 30ismorethan171991haha 22nd Jun 17, 1:37 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    30ismorethan171991haha
    Universal JObmatch
    • 22nd Jun 17, 1:37 AM
    Universal JObmatch 22nd Jun 17 at 1:37 AM
    Hi i'm new here.

I signed up to Universal JObmatch, but then do I have to log-on and apply for jobs everyday?
Page 4
    • patman99
    • By patman99 22nd Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 8,195 Posts
    • 9,659 Thanks
    patman99
    It's being replaced with the 'Find a job service'.
    I remember when they first had the terminals in the JCs. The first version was superb as it allowed job-seekers to search based on such things as accessibilty via public transport.

Then they updated the system and the down hill plunge into what became UJM started.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of 1,000 challenge - 1000/ 1000 (that's 100%)

3-6 month EF 631.65/3600 (that's 10 days worth)

Do you/your spouse earn less than 197 p/w ?. Fill-in Form R85 and get your Bank interest Tax free.
    • Milarky
    • By Milarky 9th May 18, 9:06 PM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    Milarky
    The 'Find a Job' website (replacing UJM)
    When will we get directed to an actual domain or webaddress though?
    .....under construction....
    • patman99
    • By patman99 9th May 18, 9:30 PM
    • 8,195 Posts
    • 9,659 Thanks
    patman99
    My son is on JSA and he has all the info on the new service.
    It is being run by Adzuna and differs from UJM in that the advisors cannot (at the moment) access your account.
    You cannot use it to keep a record of your jobsearch activities either (at the moment).

So what the DWP has done is to replace a website which is quite useful with one that is no use whatsoever.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of 1,000 challenge - 1000/ 1000 (that's 100%)

3-6 month EF 631.65/3600 (that's 10 days worth)

Do you/your spouse earn less than 197 p/w ?. Fill-in Form R85 and get your Bank interest Tax free.
    • Midnighter
    • By Midnighter 14th May 18, 4:05 PM
    • 10,920 Posts
    • 1,205,231 Thanks
    Midnighter
    When will we get directed to an actual domain or webaddress though?
    Originally posted by Milarky
    It's finally live and it seems to be a backward step from UJM. The ability to record your job search is one of the functions that's gone in the change from UJM to FAJ, and it was just about the only useful function on UJM. On the home page it states 'use it to discuss your work search activity if you're claiming Universal Credit or Jobseeker's Allowance, but I can find nowhere to actually do so!
    Last edited by Midnighter; 14-05-2018 at 4:30 PM.
    2018 Wins: Midnight Radiance Mask, Paris Through a Fashion Eye, Salvage the Bones, A Darker State, One Part Plant, Sailors Behind the Medals, Dancing Solar Rabbit & Pomegranate Active.

Avatar Angel Seraphina painted by Julie L.
    • mro
    • By mro 16th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 646 Thanks
    mro
    It's finally live and it seems to be a backward step from UJM. The ability to record your job search is one of the functions that's gone in the change from UJM to FAJ, and it was just about the only useful function on UJM. On the home page it states 'use it to discuss your work search activity if you're claiming Universal Credit or Jobseeker's Allowance, but I can find nowhere to actually do so!
    Originally posted by Midnighter
    Probably because of new EU GDPR data protection & privacy law.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,668Posts Today

5,880Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin