IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice from NCP - ZZPS, QDR

Have been advised to start a new thread. Have seen many posts with people in the same situation, but I have no idea what happened next. So do I continue to ignore, reply, or pay up!

I parked at an NCP at a train station on 2 July 2019. Bought the ticket, but somehow ticket must have fallen off or flew away. Anyway, received a PCN 'Parked without clearly displaying the required valid pay and display ticket and no other cashless parking payments detected’. A charge of £85, or £50 if paid within 14 days. Had no evidence of ticket, but did buy with a card. Wrote a letter to NCP containing evidence of ticket paid (screen shot of bank statement). Received a letter back asking for original ticket. I went on the NCP on-line record with my PCN number, and sent a message, and said that I did not have the ticket, and asked if they could check their machines for time of purchase to correspond with time of ticket or happy to supply further bank evidence. Did not receive any letter or email back. Went on the record again a few weeks later, and could not find the record with the PCN number, so I assumed the charge had been dropped.

Then weeks later I received a letter from ZZPS (30 September) and had the fee of £85 and an admin charge of £70, so balance of £155 to pay. I managed to trace a phone number for NCP through an on-line chat with NCP, and phoned them up to discuss the matter and the letter form ZZPS. They said an email had been sent, but I never received an email. They said it could have gone to junk mail, could have gone to junk, and that was automatically cleared weeks ago.

Red many threads on forums, decided to ignore this letter from ZZPS a ‘debt collector’.

October 14 received a 2nd letter from ZZPS, saying the next course of action was to pass to QDR. Talks about legal action, court fees and solicitors’ costs could be added. I ignored again.

November 4 received letter form QDR solicitors (another debt collector?) with the fee increased to £167, and citing 'failure to make a payment in full or contact us to discuss repayment of this debt may result in us recommending to our client that we pass this matter to our Litigation Department. This may mean they will look to obtain a County Court Judgment (CCJ)’, then listing the impacts e.ge credit rating etc.

Beamerguy has already posted on another thread that I should wait until I receive a Letter Before Claim before discussing further.

Anyone else been in this situation with QDR or similar? What was the outcome?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Beamerguy has already posted on another thread that I should wait until I receive a Letter Before Claim before discussing further.
    Absolutely spot-on advice. Nothing further you can do unless/until you receive a Letter of Claim or formal Court Claim.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I'm a newbie and not sure i'm posting this right, sorry!

My wife has received a number of letters regarding overstaying a carpark ( Dunelm Mill ) limit in Scotland.

We chose to ignore the letters believing they were unenforceable but noting the fine has been creeping up. Now a little stressed as received a letter on 13/11/2019 from QDR Solicitors instructed by ZZPS Limited on behalf of TOTAL PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD ref recovery of debt now at £172 and failure to make contact could result in passing over to a litigation partner..... all very serious sounding and noting impact on future credit, lending etc!

Do we continue to ignore and they will go away!?!?!?

My train of thought has been that nothing has been sent recorded to us so no proof of delivery. I deny ever receiving the paperwork. Were something to arrive recorded then i take receipt and contact them noting first time any letter received and that i would be happy to pay original fine as this is the first i am aware of the issue!

Plausible? Daft? Just ignore letters and they go away?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 November 2019 at 10:24PM
    My train of thought has been that nothing has been sent recorded to us so no proof of delivery. I deny ever receiving the paperwork.
    Prepared to deny that in court? Check out 'Perverting the Course of Justice'.

Have you checked out FMOTL on Google?
    Do we continue to ignore and they will go away!?!?!?
    A bit like the bogey man?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    What about the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1? Here's the relevant point:
    Q - ''I'm in Scotland/NI, so is the advice different?''

A - IF THE EVENT TOOK PLACE IN SCOTLAND OR NI, WE SUGGEST YOU DO (ALWAYS!) COMPLAIN TO STORE MANAGEMENT IF YOUR PCN IS FROM A RETAIL PARK, BUT DO NOT APPEAL, UNLESS YOUR CAR IS A COMPANY/HIRE/LEASED VEHICLE, IN WHICH CASE, APPEAL AS HIRER/LESSEE (SEE * AT THE FOOT OF THIS POST).

IN SCOTLAND/NI, CERTAINLY COMPLAIN TO THE RETAILERS, BUT IGNORE THE PARKING FIRM UNLESS YOU GET A CLAIM.

IN SCOTLAND THIS IS EXCEEDINGLY RARE, AND DEFENDABLE BY A KEEPER, WHO CURRENTLY HAS A FAR MORE PROTECTED POSITION IN LAW THAN AN ADMITTED DRIVER.

WHEN IGNORING IN SCOTLAND/NI, KEEP ALL LETTERS. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY, FOR 5 YEARS.

Dunelm has a good record of getting these charges cancelled. Just go in with receipts/bank/cc statements to prove patronage on the day, or on a more regular basis.

Almost anything you need is available in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky. We have to refer you to this because, with up to 100 threads every day to deal with, the fewer than 10 regular contributors find it utterly impossible to deal with.

But first and foremost, you need a new thread of your own, not brushing aside the poster who has opened this thread, to post your own issue. Not allowed by the forum!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Why does NO-ONE think to complain to the retailers till we tell them to?!!

It is crashingly obvious, surely.

Anyway this thread is about NCP at a train station and is not about TPS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Now a little stressed as received a letter on 13/11/2019 from QDR Solicitors instructed by ZZPS Limited on behalf of TOTAL PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD ref recovery of debt now at £172 and failure to make contact could result in passing over to a litigation partner..... all very serious sounding and noting impact on future credit, lending etc!

Please understand that this is a "family affair" with these jokers

LIE NUMBER 1
    ZZPS cannot instruct anyone because it is not their debt. TPS are not allowed to sell the so called debt onwards.

LIE NUMBER 2
    QDR are lying that the amount owed is £172 ..... ZZPS have added a fake £60 which they are not entitled. Therefore QDR practice ABUSE OF PROCESS to which the courts around the country are kicking out

LIE NUMBER 3 if QDR have suggested about credit rating ?
    Only a judge in court can do that and only if you lose and even then, you get up to 30 days to pay so your credit score will remain intact

QDR are part of the discgraced Wright Hassall solicitors and you could well be kicked out of court for ABUSE OF PROCESS

READ THE ABUSE OF PROCESS THREAD

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I'm a newbie and not sure i'm posting this right, sorry!
    Notwithstanding the advice you have received above, you have indeed posted incorrectly. You have hi-jacked someone else's thread. For bespoke advice, after reading the NEWBIE sticky (especially about Scotland), please start your own thread if you need more advice.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Re "Abuse f Process", read this.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP after the election, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Totally sympathise with the person who has hi-jacked my thread, similar situation to mine - please keep me informed!
    My question is why have so many replied to his comment, and not mine?! :(
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dyfan_r wrote: »
    My question is why have so many replied to his comment, and not mine?! :(
    You said in your opening post:
    I didn't see much point in adding to that.
  • Totally unenforceable up here,ignore.Periodically they will letter you with a threat as a scare tactic but that’s all it is.Ignore and eventually they’ll go away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback