Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 1st Nov 19, 3:06 PM
    • 9,808Posts
    • 2,642Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Descriptor F (8 points): Cannot prepare and cook food
    • 1st Nov 19, 3:06 PM
    Descriptor F (8 points): Cannot prepare and cook food 1st Nov 19 at 3:06 PM
    Descriptor F (8 points): Cannot prepare and cook food

I am unsteady on my feet - so, whilst I can put a pie in the oven - I would struggle to do anything with it after cooking - I could not carry it to a plate or move the plate afterwards to eat it.

How would that rate me for points ?
    WW3 is coming - it's been almost 75 years since the last one - the next one will be FAR worse !
    So what's a few squabbles between politicians ??
Page 3
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 3rd Dec 19, 7:09 PM
    • 5,500 Posts
    • 11,451 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Then put that on your submission to the tribunal.

The tablet dispenser (as an aid) is 1 point.

Needing help to get in / out of the bath is potentially 3 points.

If you scored 0 points and all the above points are awarded at tribunal, where are the additional 2 points to get you up to 8 points and a standard DL award?

Dressing and undressing?
    Needing a rail to get on / off the toilet safely?
    Originally posted by Alice Holt
    Thanks for your help. I had my tribunal yesterday and have been awarded the standard rate for daily living, I got 8 points. No mobility award and I'm fine with that, they did award me 4 points and said I could ask for it to be looked at again but I don't want to risk it. The award is backdated to 13/12/2018 to run until 12/12/2021, although I'm aware I can be reassessed at any time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

2,599Users online

Martin's Twitter