Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 20th Sep 19, 9:45 AM
    • 635Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    Thomas Cook - what you need to know - MSE News
    • 20th Sep 19, 9:45 AM
    0 WOW
    Thomas Cook - what you need to know - MSE News 20th Sep 19 at 9:45 AM
    Holiday firm Thomas Cook has confirmed that it is seeking £200 million in extra funding as it attempts to prevent a collapse...
    Read the full story:
    'Thomas Cook worries? Here's what you need to know'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Nick R; 03-10-2019 at 4:29 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 26
    • SL1960
    • By SL1960 27th Nov 19, 9:38 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SL1960
    This has to be one of the most inefficient processes ever. Just had another form to complete requesting my banking details - these were provided on the original CAA ATOL form! No wonder it's taking so long if they're asking 10's if not 100's of thousands of people for info they already have. Only consolation is it hopefully means they're eventually going to give me MY money back. The not so good news is that my other claim has 'been referred to the CAA for guidance' - despite being for a lesser amount, paid in full in one go by credit card, and they have all the info they need. You can't help wondering what the strategy is here - let's face it, the CAA aren't doing us any favours, they're fulfilling their obligations.
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 27th Nov 19, 9:43 AM
    • 967 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    bradders1983
    I suppose Thomas Cook could have done everyone a favour by not going bust, the CAA are merely picking up the pieces.
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 27th Nov 19, 1:32 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    This has to be one of the most inefficient processes ever. Just had another form to complete requesting my banking details - these were provided on the original CAA ATOL form! No wonder it's taking so long if they're asking 10's if not 100's of thousands of people for info they already have. Only consolation is it hopefully means they're eventually going to give me MY money back. The not so good news is that my other claim has 'been referred to the CAA for guidance' - despite being for a lesser amount, paid in full in one go by credit card, and they have all the info they need. You can't help wondering what the strategy is here - let's face it, the CAA aren't doing us any favours, they're fulfilling their obligations.
    Originally posted by SL1960

Again that's worrying that people are getting emailed from 3rd parties asking for bank details. This process is so open to abuse and scamming its scary
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 27th Nov 19, 2:58 PM
    • 967 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    bradders1983
    Just playing devils advocate here - but apart from setting up a Direct Debit (which can be reversed under the DD Guarantee), whats the worst anyone could do with your sort code and account number? Not as if they are asking for the long 16 digit number and CVC code is it?
    • Nyge
    • By Nyge 27th Nov 19, 8:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nyge
    Hi All

I processed my Thomas Cook refund claim through the CAA on the first day possible. I know it can take up to 60 days (which would be 6th December) but I'm getting a little worried about it.

I never got any sort of reference number or email confirmation. Did anyone else get either of these when they processed their claims? I'm concerned it hasn't gone through correctly.

Many Thanks
    Nyge
    • richman1
    • By richman1 28th Nov 19, 9:46 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    richman1
    rightpath.secure.force.com/claim/

thanks bobblebob - I did phone up CAA and asked about that, that is one of the group that are processing this.

Its so freaky, as ive had no contact from them at all since my clain. We have 9 days left for the 60 days - if the money hasnt gome through, phone them up on the day (CAA). Thats about all you can get for now. Very frustrating to say the least. Absolutey nothing we can do, as the CAA department who process it all directly have no direct number now, so the help team cant get any information about individuals.
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 28th Nov 19, 10:46 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    If you know you claim is with rightpath which you can do by checking that link, im guessing ringing them after the 60 days might be more helpful.

Im not convinced I will get paid back in time, I mean according to the tracker they haven't even looked at my claim yet, so if anything is amiss its going to take time to sort it
    • catherinecovell
    • By catherinecovell 28th Nov 19, 11:20 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    catherinecovell
    Hi
    most tweets I've seen to the CAA regarding exactly what you've just posted say you must get a ref. number or your claim hasn't gone through. When I did mine it said:
    "Thank you for entering you details into our online system. Your claims reference is xxxxx"
    • catherinecovell
    • By catherinecovell 28th Nov 19, 11:45 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    catherinecovell
    I submitted my claim on the 7th at 8.51am (so the system had only been live a few hours max). Still heard nothing and got no refund. CAA claimed they were doing the refunds on a first come first served basis, but this cant be true if people who submitted claims after me are being contacted.
    Originally posted by bobblebob
    I did the same 9:10am but my claim number is in the 200,000s so I hope they didn't start at 1. I've used the link to the tracker you posted earlier as mine begins with a Z. Its registered which is good but hasn't even been looked at yet. Mine is such a straight forward claim, paid 4 instalments directly onto the Thomas Cook website for my Christmas holiday which I've had to purchase again through another agent. Stupidly though this refund would be back before Christmas but not holding out much hope. How can other processing companies deal with thousands of transactions in a day but this refund process be so slow. I have only seen a handful of non DD refunds been posted or tweeted about and the deadline is only 8 days away for them to start pouring in.
    • gordyfu
    • By gordyfu 28th Nov 19, 12:54 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gordyfu
    Many thanks for the Rightpath link BobbleBob

I logged on, typed my z reference on, my surname and the unique ref on the ATol cert that was at the bottom of the TC booking doc and they said "we aim to look at all post within 60 days. the claim has been open for 38 full working days and so we hope to provide a response within the next 22 working days"- so my outlook reminder of the 60 days at 6th Dec is now moved to the 30th Dec!!!
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 28th Nov 19, 1:08 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Rightpath deal with other claims not just the current CAA claim. I suspect that is their usual response time, and they haven't updated the checker for this claim specifically. Although if they haven't dealt with people who claimed on day 1, makes you wonder. Unless they're leaving the straightforward claims until last

The CAA are still claiming they aim to have all paid by the 6th Dec
    • Natbecky
    • By Natbecky 28th Nov 19, 5:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Natbecky
    Hi all.

We booked our holiday to Florida in January with Florida4less... who were then bought by Thomas Cook ( which we didnít know) our holiday has been passed to Hays travel now who have finally sent us our booking information and itinerary but itís all incorrect, wrong accommodation, car hire missing etc also atol certificate is incorrect. They are demanding we pay and tell us we will get correct information sent over before we fly but they have advised it might be few days before we go( we fly start of jan) we are refusing to pay until we receive correct information and CAA have told us not to accept the incorrect atol certificate but Hays wonít budge. Because we wonít pay they are now saying we are cancelling our holiday and refuse to refund what we have paid already which is nearly £3000. We have now lost faith in Hays completely and want a refund as donít trust them but how can we get one as this is not the holiday we booked and we surely arenít meant to agree to incorrect booking information as itís our contract?
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 28th Nov 19, 7:44 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Just got emailed by Rightpath. They want confirmation of my booking and proof i paid. You would think my booking was straightforward. Booked and paid deposit thats it. They literally want everything i have to prove i have a booking and paid for it.

What sort of system do Thomas Cook run?

Also can anyway confirm that claim@protectclaims.com is a legit email? My booking is on the Rightpath system but seems protectclaims are dealing with my refund
    Last edited by bobblebob; 28-11-2019 at 7:55 PM.
    • prm1
    • By prm1 28th Nov 19, 10:20 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    prm1

What sort of system do Thomas Cook run?
    Originally posted by bobblebob
    Or probably more appropriately ... did Thomas Cook run?

It seems their computer folk saw the writing on the wall ... and left a little bit of a mess!
    • gordyfu
    • By gordyfu 28th Nov 19, 10:57 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gordyfu
    same here BobbleBob. I got home from work and found an email from Protect claim around 7.30 at night.

I have a difficult one to prove as I have 2 separate claims, one for me and one for parents who I treated, and I paid by gift voucher as my company gives us discount buying that way, so Protect want proof of gift vouchers, proof I bought gift vouchers from bank statements and then receipt from Thomas cook which is their booking document... Ive had to put it all on a spreadsheet showing how each transaction links!!

Ill update here if anything else happens
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 29th Nov 19, 5:46 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Interesting because my flights werent with Thomas Cook, i have to print off and sign a declaration confirming i want a refund, wont use the flights and for the CAA to cancal the flights

So presumably everyone with a TC holiday and flights with a different airline have to sign this form?
    • Nala89
    • By Nala89 29th Nov 19, 7:16 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Nala89
    Protect Claims are dealing with my refunds. I Paid the majority of my 2 holidays via Direct Debit but made some payments by debit card. The Direct Debits were refunded automatically and pretty quickly to be honest. I sent all docs as requested for both my claims to Protect Claims a couple of weeks ago. This week I received a form to fill in my bank details but it only referenced one of my claims. Will see how it pans out.
    • bobblebob
    • By bobblebob 29th Nov 19, 8:20 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bobblebob
    Or probably more appropriately ... did Thomas Cook run?

It seems their computer folk saw the writing on the wall ... and left a little bit of a mess!
    Originally posted by prm1
    Thing is i could view my booking on the TC website along with payments i made. So the information is in a database somewhere. Why hasn't the CAA got this?

And it appears people are getting sent forms to provide their bank details to the 3rd party people handling their claim. We provided these already on the CAA form, so why do we need to provide them again? It all seems a mess
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 29th Nov 19, 9:38 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 1,653 Thanks
    bioboybill
    Anybody else still waiting for refund by credit card? I contacted Sainsbury's credit card on the day TC collapsed. I have called twice. The second time I was totally messed about on the phone for about half an hour continually being asked new security questions only to be told they will process my claim within the statutory 60 days. I then received a request for more info about 4 weeks later. I sent that back 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing. 60 days has easily passed unless they only include work days.
    • SL1960
    • By SL1960 29th Nov 19, 11:45 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SL1960
    Just had an email about my second claim asking for proof of payment - about a week ahead of when it should be due for refund. It looks like these 3rd partys are just asking for the same info the CAA would have before they 'simplified' the process. I know they've a big job on but clearly the people owed the money are not at the heart of the process, and I do wonder if those on this forum knocking us impatient ones have claims outstanding or are just 'posters' with no idea of the worries some face.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,656Posts Today

9,291Users online

Martin's Twitter