IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignored PCN - HELP

I've read the newbies forum and I'm still a little bit confused as to what I'm meant to do. When I first received the PCN from UKCPS I googled it and basically came to the conclusion that as the registered keeper I should ignore it.

The fine was sent through the post for over staying 12 minutes at Kingston Retail Park in Hull. I received a reminded letter today saying £130 is due in 14 days.. what do I do? I contacted Home Bargains and they're not interested because they don't own the car park..

It says I should have appealed within 21 days and that has now lapsed. Should I send the letter off and appeal anyway?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 November 2019 at 9:48PM
    yes you can appeal anyway , keeping a copy

UKCPS will refuse it , even if it was on time they would refuse it, regardless , so ignoring it hasnt caused you any issues

the ideal solution is a landowner cancellation , nothing else will work

they have 6 years to take you to court, if they wish to
  • Thanks! I will do, I'm having difficulty finding out who exactly is the landowner but will keep trying!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    ask the council who pays the non domestic rates

alternatively , you can pay the Land Registry a small fee

google search usually helps find the answer, especially for retail parks etc, it wont be the retailer, they are probably renting
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you are a law student, then surely you should know, or have some idea on what you are dealing with?
    any way these are not fines, and a quick google search brings this up
    http://stockfordanderson.com/portfolio/kingston-retail-park/
    5th result down,. is that the place?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • You'd like to think so but in my first year so hopefully I'll have finished by the time they take me to court. Unfortunately I'm yet to come across the module which states how to deal with parking charge notices.......

Yeah, that's the place
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    UKCPS rarely do court these days, but that's not the green light for complacency, there again, not something to lose any sleep over.

Come back if you receive a Letter of Claim and/or a County Court Claim via the Northampton CCBC.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You'd like to think so but in my first year so hopefully I'll have finished by the time they take me to court. Unfortunately I'm yet to come across the module which states how to deal with parking charge notices.......

Yeah, that's the place

It's contract law. You should cover that soon enough.
  • Hi everyone, I've received a letter today from Debt Recovery Plus, saying if I don't pay they will recommend their client takes me to court. The client obviously being UKCPS. The letter also states that if I don't ring up then I'm agreeing I'm liable for it.

It's scary because I imagine people fall for these awful tactics to get people to pay.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    In your opening post you said you had read the NEWBIE. Did you go down as far as post # 4, which deals with Debt Collectors and how to deal? It starts off thusly: -
    'IGNORE THE DEBT COLLECTORS' STAGE
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Come back if you receive a Letter of Claim and/or a County Court Claim via the Northampton CCBC.
    Hi everyone, I've received a letter today from Debt Recovery Plus, saying if I don't pay they will recommend their client takes me to court. The client obviously being UKCPS. The letter also states that if I don't ring up then I'm agreeing I'm liable for it.

It's scary because I imagine people fall for these awful tactics to get people to pay.

That's not a Letter of Claim or a County Court Claim. Why not follow advice given?

But now you're back, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 - all about debt collectors.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport