On a Mission

Comments

• Mummy_bear
    Mummy_bear Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    She you aren't closer mummy bear - ive got a bath support!

Also, thinking about breastfeeding twins, why don't you get in touch with the breast feeding support workers in your area before the twins are here, say you are looking to breast feed twins and build a relationship with them before you may need them?
    Also, I think Bf can be a bit mind over matter, when it hurt it the early days, I knew it would get better, but I also worked out how much each extra week/day/Feed was saving me in formula costs - for me, it worked out as an extra month's mat leave.

I'm thankfully already in touch with the local breastfeeding support group. I've been very fortunate to have their support in past with my other two especially with their tongue ties.
    Breastfed my first for 33 months and 2nd for 25 months, only stopped when milk dried up in pregnancy.

Just a little apprehensive about two at once! ! But it's the thought of spending £100+ a month on formula that's going to push me through any difficulties I may face.:)
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • £100 a month for formula!!!!!! Yikes, yup, I'd definitely be persevering with the free stuff!
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mummy_bear
    Good morning,

Another early start..up 2 hours before my alarm. I miss being able to sleep so well.
    I know it may be years before I get a good night's sleep again hahah:rotfl: I have to laugh about it.

To be honest these early starts are actually the only times I have some me time, for the time being. I don't do much though, just watch my TV recordings!

Anyway, couple of the loan payments have come out today so I can update some figures.

Totals as of 16th APRIL

Lloyds CC £5553.11
    MBNA CC £4173.15
    Barclaycard CC £1352.64
    Tesco Loan £8308.92 £213.04 paid off
    Santander Loan £5285.25 £155.45 paid off
    TV -DH purchase £152.02
    M&S Loan £6824.8
    Littlewoods £157.99
    Next £96.52

Total debt as of 1st April £32751.11 :(
    Total debt as of 2nd April £32480.89
    Total debt as of 6thd April £32489.89
    Total debt as of 13th April £32272.89
    Total debt as of 16th April £31904.40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

List 10 items on EBay 13/10 :j

Managed to put on 3 higher priced items on yesterday. They're DHs items. They've got high starting prices...I suspect maybe too high but DH is insistent these are going rates. Basically they're car and motorcycle parts...we'll see if they sell!

Earn £30 payable from survey sites £46.91/£30 :T

VO is now up to £2.60!
    PA currently has £14.18 payable and £2.09 pending.!
    Onepoll currently has £14.10 in there.!
    Yougov currently has 4825 points in there.!
    E.Rewards currently has 2400 points in there.!
    Qmee has £5.12 in there

Reduce debt by £1000 £846.71/ £1000

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My fund to get compost for my garden looks like this £6.82/£25
    Achieved so far from the Qmee earnings and £2 profit from selling 2 Ebay items (after all fees)

~~~~~

Looking at the updates we're well on our way to achieve the £1000 paid off debt this month. I think this'll be the last month it's so high though. I'll be aiming for £800 a month from May I think.
    MB
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
  • Mummy_bear
    Just a mini update today.

I've managed to secure some more overtime for this Saturday. Time and a half. Despite it supposedly being a lovely sunny day on Saturday I think my body will appreciate an air conditioned office!

Not sure if this will be my last bit of overtime. I'm starting to feel big and tired. Look at some old photos and I'm bigger now at 27 weeks pregnant than I was at 36 weeks pregnant with my last. Luckily my job isn't very taxing but sitting for long amounts of time is starting to take it's toll somewhat. I'm actually starting to thin that my plan to work until 36 weeks is a little optimistic. Just going to have to take it one day at a time at the moment.

DH has been to his Drs appointment today. He's been told that he's been referred for a brain scan and that actually what is suspected is that there is an issue with his brain cause the nerve issues with his back. There was also mention of Multiple Sclerosis. I'm hoping that's merely worst case scenario. He's been told the scan should be in about 8 weeks and the Dr strongly encouraged him to go off sick for 8 weeks. Of course DH refused, I mean he is in a difficult position switching between jobs which is less than 8 weeks away. God knows what all these tests and scans etc. will mean if he's having to take time off his new job. Just bad timing all round really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway onto more MSE stuff.

Managed to sell a couple of low value items. Not worked out earnings after postage and fees but it will be no more than a few pounds.

I've also been so busy these last few days that I've not be able to get on with surveys that much.

VO is now up to £2.60
    PA currently has £16.06 payable and £2.41pending.
    Onepoll currently has £14.95 in there.
    Yougov currently has 4825 points in there.
    E.Rewards currently has 3000 points in there.
    Qmee has £5.12 in there

MB
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Sending ((((hugs)))) and hoping that everything turns out well for DH.

I think taking it day by day is the best thing to do about work.... no good trying to anticipate what you'll be like in a few weeks time, and stress isn't going to help!

Try and take it easy honey. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Same as above sending hugs to you and your husband mummy bear. Has he decided to definitely go for the new job? I'm sure you last said you thought he'd maybe stay at the old job but sorry if I'm wrong. Hope you find out the cause soon.
  • Mummy_bear
    Thanks Chrystal and a Rachel.

Yeah he's definitely gone for the new job. Starts first week of June.
    He still gets waves of doubt though. He has been told if it doesn't work out he's welcome back, but not sure how true that claim is.

~~~~~~~~

Another early start, getting ready for work this time. Babies are being very quiet at the moment. Hoping they wake up and move before I start getting really concerned

MB
  • Hmmm. You know the rules.. if that little flicker if doubt crosses your mind, get it checked out.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mummy_bear
    I know. I'm getting a few small movements but they're definitely reduced.

Gonna give it til about 9 after trying the usual tricks..cold drunk, something sugary etc.
  • Mummy_bear
    Quick check in

The babies woke up and have been moving around loads. Worry abated for now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure