Earthgirl's Final Battle

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,665
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope you've been able to deliver the flyers by now...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Ooh, just noticed that my tablet is timing my posts an hour earlier. So I posted the above at 6.25, not 5.25!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ugh, that's rather unfair. Hope it went smoothly and is all done now.

Weekend sounded lovely though! And super frugal :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I hope you've been able to deliver the flyers by now...

I was going to say Apple at 5.25am - you are a hard task master!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Didn't have a great sleep in the end so switched off the alarm at about 3, and did the flyers in my lunch hour. Was very annoyed at being volunteered but it is for charity so didn't want to complain too much. Also I must give the impression that I'm coping with life and could quite easily fit in charity flyer delivery! OH thought it was hilarious as he knows how I struggle to juggle everything and the relative is retired but had lots of plans this week so though of me instead!

Anyway feeling a bit down my friend isn't doing so well and I feel helpless. Ds is struggling to go into school. Ds1 best friend doesn't want to play football anymore and ds1 willl miss him. All things I can't really do much about.think I just need a bit more sleep and some talc.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    What a difference a day makes! And some sleep. Not talc though that was meant to say TLC!

I did get some tlc from oh as I was a bit frazzled, he made tea cleared up and drove me to ds1s football match, where I was able to lose myself in a highly entertaining and enjoyable match.

My first meeting this morning contained a coach from the opposing team, who recognised me from the night before! He tried to poach my son into his team (he played particularly well last night) but I explained that I'd applied for his team as it was closer but was knocked back on numerous occasions, told he'd missed the boat when he was 6, so no thank you! Ds is happy where he is and that's all that counts. Quite satisfying though, as was cheering on ds1s double hat trick last night!

Also someone said I looked nice today. I'm going to try and give a compliment to someone every day as it did make me smile!

Frugal weekend planned "super Saturday" where I do all the things I need to get done, play date and golf lesson for ds2, and then a relaxing Sunday just me and the kids. Football in the morning and some baking for snacks.

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Wow to a double hat trick !! Well done to ds1.

And tee hee to 'them' trying to poach him now!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You've had a wonderful few days :):):) (so I won't grump at you about the fact that you were volunteered for something without being asked, thats a **huge** no no). Okay, not mentioning that ...

Hope your super Saturday goes well!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 17 May 2019 at 7:55PM
    Karmacat wrote: »
    You've had a wonderful few days :):):) (so I won't grump at you about the fact that you were volunteered for something without being asked, thats a **huge** no no). Okay, not mentioning that ...

Hope your super Saturday goes well!

:T You can grump at me! I was quite grumpy too, but then felt suitably persuaded that one hour of my time might save a life somewhere in the world:o - then I went back to being grumpy :rotfl: but stomped about and did it anyway!

I'm trying to change my normal pretty lazy and poor diet weekends into something I feel a bit better about. Randomly calling it 'Super Saturday' last week worked for me! And when the kids asked Mum, why are we eating this/weeding/tidying/cleaning the hens out/sorting the med cabinet er whatever, I said 'it's super saturday' and they seemed quite happy with this explanation :)

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hurrah for super Saturday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback