IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye

Comments

• flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    yes found the old posts but was looking for something up to date, found posts about successful hire car win at rheidol but nothing about the operator
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    flopsy1973 wrote: »
    So in my appeal to PE I just say I am the registered keeper and wish to appeal on what grounds ? . I plan on writing to CEO of Lidl the store managers tend to be useless

Appeal to P.E. using the blue template from the Newbies' thread. It's a carefully worded means to an end, i.e. it does not identify the driver and if refused, as it very likely will be, a POPLA code will be provided.

But do follow C-m's advice and make complaining your priority. Lidl is worth a punt but the stores where shopping was done on the day are even more promising I reckon. If a landowner / land manager complaint is required you'll find contact details easily enough. Why not complain to everyone you possibly can complain to ASAP?

I've seen it said on this forum that P.E. sometimes have an arrangement with stores to cancel PCNs if more than £30 has been spent .... does anyone know if that is still the case?

Get everything sorted ... your 'script' for complaining in person, the wording of email complaints, contact details for the land management company. And locate the blue template appeal.

This car park has a colourful history!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • flopsy1973
    I have complained and emails to CEO of companies one has responded saying to use popla! and other not replied cannot find who landowner is
  • MistyZ
    edited 9 May 2019 at 8:57PM
    Google Fletcher King, 61 Conduit Street, Mayfair, London.

It seems they manage the land on behalf of the (offshore) landowner, scroll down till you're near the end of this saga:

https://jacothenorth.net/blog/tag/rheidol-retail-park/

There's a lot wrong with the car park, terrible signage for example, but I still reckon the contract is dodgy and worth going to town on.
  • flopsy1973
    Does the appeal to PE which will be refused have to to be the same points covered in the appeal to popla when I get round to that?
  • MistyZ
    edited 15 May 2019 at 12:09PM
    Does the appeal to PE which will be refused have to to be the same points covered in the appeal to popla when I get round to that?

Appeal to P.E. using the blue text template from the Newbies' thread.

At the POPLA stage you include all relevant points, some of which are referred to in the first appeal but no, the appeals don't need to match as such, they are quite separate.

Have you appealed to P.E. yet?

And have you tried Fletcher King for a landowner complaint? It's important to exhaust that route before things get to POPLA so do persevere, that is often necessary but often well worth it too. And don't miss the deadline for the appeal to P.E.
  • flopsy1973
    Not done complaint to Fletcher King as from what I read they and PE are in this together anyone had any luck with them? Not done the PE appeal yet need to Asap
  • MistyZ
    edited 16 May 2019 at 10:44PM
    Not done complaint to Fletcher King as from what I read they and PE are in this together anyone had any luck with them? Not done the PE appeal yet need to Asap

An email that is not written or sent is bound to fail. Give it a go with conviction, there's nothing to lose except what .... maybe 20 minutes of your time?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wrong approach.

Would you rather try appeal, lose, and be sued, rather than getting it cancelled now with one email or finding out later that you could have done so?

Do the retail park complaint first. They are not in it together.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure