Forum Announcement

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2019 at 11:51AM
    SEARCH - Suggestions for improvement

1) Please can search NOT be restricted to 300 results.

2) Please can we have Search within Search Results
    eg. Search for xxxxxx, then search these results for yyyyyy

3) Please can Search work properly for a multi-word string in quotes
    eg. Search for "xxxx yyyy zzzz" returns only results that contain "xxxx yyyy zzzz" and excludes such as "xxxx was once yyyy and sometimes zzzz" ie. No implied OR or AND operator when quotes are used. On "Competitions Time" this would mean searching "E: 09/10" would actually work.

thanks ;)
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    vixg66 wrote: »
    I’m confused by people talking about the blue site. Are you referring to the main MSE site? I only see the forum in 80’s hospital green (which I hate). I’m no spring chicken but I would welcome a sleeker look on the forum - and anything but green!
    Select User CP (top), Edit Options (on left).

Go to Miscellaneous Options (towards bottom).

In Forum Skin option you can select look of forums.

I think some skin options have disappeared from here, particularly ones that refer to old style. There are now only 3 options, used to be more.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    vixg66 wrote: »
    I’m confused by people talking about the blue site. Are you referring to the main MSE site? I only see the forum in 80’s hospital green (which I hate). I’m no spring chicken but I would welcome a sleeker look on the forum - and anything but green!

I think newer members only get a 'blue' option, which does look sleeker, though I prefer the green layout myself. If you log out (or open the forum with private browsing) you'll probably see it - mine changes to green as soon as I log in.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MSE_Marcus wrote: »
    After an awful lot of meetings, we’ve found a new provider and work has started on the behind-the-scenes technology.
    You should have requested users' opinions before you did all that. Some providers just can't give what users need/want.

As the decision has already been made can you tell us who it is and assure us that Tapatalk won't be a requirement?
  • SWS1
    SWS1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I'm a bit confused. Is the forum moribund or can we still post? I have a query that I thought Forumites might help with.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Having survived many 'upgrades' on many systems, I have come to dread that word.

Please can you ensure that all the functionality of the old green style is replicated on your shiny new system, and that you properly cater to users with big, wide landscape format screens, as well as those with tiny portrait format screens. I have vision problems so only use the former, and get annoyed at the sites with just a narrow strip of text down the middle of my wide screen. On a related note, please cater for those of us who have increased the size of the text significantly.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    You can't do a worse job than Boris and his cronies. Let's see what you come up with !
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    SWS1 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. Is the forum moribund or can we still post? I have a query that I thought Forumites might help with.
    Still active, you can still post a new thread.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    cymruchris wrote: »
    You can't do a worse job than Boris and his cronies. Let's see what you come up with !

There's an ongoing competition to see if they can. Why hope for the best when you usually get the worse and it was fine as it was?
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I, for one, hate the new design forum.

And I've not even seen it yet.

(But seriously, keep the green style)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income