CMS Variations

Options
Mr_GoldMine
Mr_GoldMine Posts: 63 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi, Can anyone advise please

i am a non resident dad, paying CMS monthly for my kid. We seperated 18 months ago and i only started seeing my daughter last week. I travel from Birmingham to London.

I want to put in a variation for contact costs

i was thinking of putting in my travel costs, contact centre costs £80 reg and £50 per hour (for room and supervisor) and costs for food and gifts i buy for my kid.

the contact centre plan changes monthly or every two months (i.e. hours of contact go up, which means my costs go up), does that mean ive got to fill out one of these forms whenever theres is a change?

does anyone know how the CMS process the variation application, do they expect me to send receipts, i mean they dont ask the resident parent to break down expenditure for the amount i pay month, what is the liklehood they say, produce receipts for petrol, train tickets etc. i mean what if in the foreseeable future i want to drive instead of taking the train?

Comments

• Accountant_Kerry
    Options
    So the costs of seeing your child you want to deduct from the money you pay for supporting your child?
    Mar 24 - Mortgage Balance £249,794.45
    Credit Card - £8,182.23 + £4,731.65
    Goals: Mortgage Free by 2035, Give up full time work once Mortgage Free, Ensure I have a pension income of £20k per year from 2035

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, Can anyone advise please

i am a non resident dad, paying CMS monthly for my kid. We seperated 18 months ago and i only started seeing my daughter last week. I travel from Birmingham to London.

I want to put in a variation for contact costs

i was thinking of putting in my travel costs, contact centre costs £80 reg and £50 per hour (for room and supervisor) and costs for food and gifts i buy for my kid. - Can you find a cheaper centre?

the contact centre plan changes monthly or every two months (i.e. hours of contact go up, which means my costs go up), does that mean ive got to fill out one of these forms whenever theres is a change?

does anyone know how the CMS process the variation application, do they expect me to send receipts, i mean they dont ask the resident parent to break down expenditure for the amount i pay month, what is the liklehood they say, produce receipts for petrol, train tickets etc. i mean what if in the foreseeable future i want to drive instead of taking the train?

How long before the contact is unsupervised. Typically supervised contact isn't necessary anyway, so there must be a reason for it. But how much money in total is this, a few hundred or tens of thousands?

The fact is that your childs costs don't go down because of your contact.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/children-and-young-people/child-maintenance/child-maintenance-2012-scheme/child-maintenance-reviews-and-appeals/the-2012-child-maintenance-scheme-how-to-apply-for-a-variation/

here's the info you need
  • phoenix1837
    Options
    Did you move to Birmingham or did ex move to London? This makes a difference as if you moved away, you have no claim for travel costs.

As for claiming food and gifts back, that is part of being a parent I am afraid and should not be taken of the CM you are paying. That will change if you start having your child overnight as your CM will go down proportionally.
  • Mr_GoldMine
    Options
    How long before the contact is unsupervised. Typically supervised contact isn't necessary anyway, so there must be a reason for it. But how much money in total is this, a few hundred or tens of thousands?

The fact is that your childs costs don't go down because of your contact.
    The contact is supervised until my 2 year old is happy to stay with me and is settled throughout the whole session.

my ex made a load of false allegations to delay the court case, section 7 etc, by the time the order was issued it had been 13 months since i saw my kid last (the family court system is too slow in proceedings and procedures), after the order had been issued in (september 19) the ex on purpose delayed the first contact session to month 15 (november 19), so here we are 15 months later, my kid doesnt recognise me and cries throughout the session. The contact centre said they wont allow the sessions to progress or increase time until my kid is settled with me.. i could be potentially looking at a cost of £90 a week, £40 travel and £50 centre cost for how many weeks i dont know.....

so on top of the cms payment, i'm paying another £360 (based on a 4 week month) just to have contact.... thats near enough half my salary. Hence my question in the first place....

FYI : it was a question, not a complaint.
  • Mr_GoldMine
    edited 15 November 2019 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Accountant_Kerry

So the costs of seeing your child you want to deduct from the money you pay for supporting your child?
    how much would you say it costs to maintain a child with bare necessaties?

At the moment i'm paying £400 per month.

theres no escaping paying child support if the non resident parent is working if thats what you are getting at.

FYI i'm asking for a means tested / fairness based calculation / variation.

child deserves to be with both parents, have contact with both parents, the system it would seem puts the non resident at so much disadvantage in comparison to the resident parent. Wjhere is the balance... its almost as if its all fault lies on the non resident parents head.
  • Mr_GoldMine
    Options
    phoenix1837

Did you move to Birmingham or did ex move to London? This makes a difference as if you moved away, you have no claim for travel costs.

As for claiming food and gifts back, that is part of being a parent I am afraid and should not be taken of the CM you are paying. That will change if you start having your child overnight as your CM will go down proportionally.

im born n bred in birmingham, my ex came to live with me. even while we were having the child together, the ex decided to give birth in london and stay at her mothers. After seperation, ex fled back to her mothers.
  • Mr_GoldMine
    Options
    Whilst the child deserves the best, you need to know some more about this story and injustice.

the ex has deliberately alienated me from my child by lying in the courts to cause delay

the ex's family have commited arson on my vehicle in the middle of the night, have criminally damaged and broken my house windows at 3am, yeah no proof either means the police cant do anything. the ex is trying to oppress the non resident parent by damaging property, no doubt at my expense...

this is the kind of people im dealing, they carry out their own illegal activity which goes against UK laws, at the same time they carry out inhumane acts to opress the father and his extended family and his financial status whilst reaping the benefits of endless x,y, z privelages given to mothers in this country...

where is the justice?
  • Accountant_Kerry
    Options
    Whilst the child deserves the best, you need to know some more about this story and injustice.

the ex has deliberately alienated me from my child by lying in the courts to cause delay

the ex's family have commited arson on my vehicle in the middle of the night, have criminally damaged and broken my house windows at 3am, yeah no proof either means the police cant do anything. the ex is trying to oppress the non resident parent by damaging property, no doubt at my expense...

this is the kind of people im dealing, they carry out their own illegal activity which goes against UK laws, at the same time they carry out inhumane acts to opress the father and his extended family and his financial status whilst reaping the benefits of endless x,y, z privelages given to mothers in this country...

where is the justice?

Unfortunately life is not always fair and sometimes there is no justice.

Some people decide never to see their children, some give up after a time because it is too hard for various reasons and some keep going regardless of how hard it is but never manage to build a really good relationship whilst others keep going and have an amazing relationship.

What is the fact is that you have to pay child maintenance and you have supervised contact that has various terms attached how you deal with that is up to you.
    Mar 24 - Mortgage Balance £249,794.45
    Credit Card - £8,182.23 + £4,731.65
    Goals: Mortgage Free by 2035, Give up full time work once Mortgage Free, Ensure I have a pension income of £20k per year from 2035

• onwards&upwards
    Options
    After seperation, ex fled back to her mothers.

Fled? That’s an interesting choice of word.

The cost of raising a child has nothing to do with how much you should pay. The point is child deserves to benefit from your income like they would if you were still living with them.
  • Mr_GoldMine
    edited 15 November 2019 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Fled? That’s an interesting choice of word.
    'verbatim', that is the exact wording on the ex's personal statement filed in the UK family court, no doubt to defame my character in front of magistrates.... but to her own family to appear as a victim... she claims was 'kicked out'

anyhow. i guess its cheaper if the child is living with me as opposed to living elsewhere...

how do we achieve a balance... i mean on one hand ive got to pay maintenance and on the other im trying hard to not let little one down by presenting myself to her... unless you're thinking 'just pay the money and forget building a relationship! you should have thought twice about having a child its all your fault!'

families need fathers too you know, in the long run i mean for comfort/solace/guidance/wisdom and not just for cash!,

policies in the UK will change, its just a matter of when, we are well behind times here as they've only written up plans recently but parental alienation has been around for a loong loong time.

a more fairer system for CMS is needed, ive heard the ex is claiming xyz benefits, cheating self assesment tax claims, working part time, going to apply for a one bed council house (to later buy outright on behalf of her family), ex lives in parents house worth 3 million pounds. doesnt quite add up does it? to top it off the ex's mom looks after our kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure