Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johannis
    • By johannis 9th Nov 19, 7:39 PM
    • 137Posts
    • 23Thanks
    johannis
    Lap top for secondary school use
    • 9th Nov 19, 7:39 PM
    Lap top for secondary school use 9th Nov 19 at 7:39 PM
    My Son has just started secondary school, like everyone else he has been overwhelmed with homework and while his school advised us that he'd been fine using his phone we've found that he ends up using my laptop for most of it.
    this is fine but not always convenient so we are thinking of getting his own that'll get him through the next few years.
    Doing a bit of research i don't think he needs anything too flash but something with reasonable memory and office applications would be useful.
    My laptop is a refurb and its been great, is that the way to go or are there good deals on new out there? 150-300?
    thanks
Page 4
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 14th Nov 19, 4:53 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 4,009 Thanks
    AndyPix
    Thought so .. And yes it is a scam.
    Whatever you have bought wont last forever, hence isn't perpetual.

Because they cannot be bought - which is what I said.

Now if you had just not had that burning need to be right all the time, and everybody else be wrong , then this thread would have been a much tidier place.
    Last edited by AndyPix; Yesterday at 4:58 PM.
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 14th Nov 19, 4:57 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 4,009 Thanks
    AndyPix
    Ill just leave this here for posterity ..

How much would you like to bet that the licence exists? Put 1000 to charity where your mouth is and I'll PM you the details. .
    Originally posted by EveryWhere
    Go on then, post here how one can buy an office 365 license, that is a 1 time purchase and will last forever, and I will donate 1k to cancer research.
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    I will donate 1000 to charity and another 100 to you personally, for your trouble the moment you show me proof of the existence of a legal Office 365 one off payment license....
    Originally posted by sal_III
    waffle, backtracking and excuses
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Nov 19, 5:02 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    When someone cannot debate without resorting to childish name-calling

• AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 14th Nov 19, 5:09 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 4,009 Thanks
    AndyPix
    Hehe , brilliant ..

Some are always so quick to belittle others knowledge and reasoning with their bullying language, its nice when that doesn't work out for them

Anyway , now that silliness is over with : OP, when you get your device, give me a shout and I can help you out with a free license (that IS perpetual ) for MS Office 2013 ..
    Last edited by AndyPix; Yesterday at 6:27 PM.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Nov 19, 5:12 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    Just posted up on HUKD - use the code PEHE9 and six months BNPL to get 20% credit back, effectively making this 263.99.
    Originally posted by motorguy

Saw that on the very page before I replied to you earlier, but wasn't entirely clear about the offer, so didn't link to it. Credit back?

1. Buy an eligible Windows computer 299.99 or more from this offer on 6 months Buy Now Pay Later. All eligible products are contained within the offer page, access via shop now. (Offer not valid if you choose 9 or 12 months Buy Now Pay Later).
    2. By entering PEHE6 in the promo code box at checkout your item will be put on 6 months Buy Now Pay Later automatically. We'll then credit 20% of the item back to your account by 9th January 2020 or the dispatch date, whichever is later. We'll email you when we have applied the credit to your account.
    Order must be placed online. If you return your item, the credit will be reversed. This can't be used in conjunction with other offers (entering any other promo code apart from PEHE6 in checkout will exclude you from this promotion). Offer live 14th – 20th November 2019.

What is Buy Now Pay Later?
    So can this credit then be sent to your bank account?
    It seems not if they can reverse the credit if you send the item back.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 14th Nov 19, 6:25 PM
    • 19,522 Posts
    • 12,205 Thanks
    motorguy
    Saw that on the very page before I replied to you earlier, but wasn't entirely clear about the offer, so didn't link to it. Credit back?

To be honest, i'm not sure.

I "think" its just credit back to your BNPL account once the order is processed.

If someone was a first time user of very, it would be cleaner to take the 50 off offer.

I've used them before so i went for BNPL and this offer.

Will see how it pans out.
    Last edited by motorguy; Yesterday at 6:30 PM.
    Life has never given me lemons.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Nov 19, 7:49 PM
    • 8,092 Posts
    • 7,920 Thanks
    DoaM
    This thread has also been trimmed
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 14th Nov 19, 9:22 PM
    • 19,522 Posts
    • 12,205 Thanks
    motorguy

From an update on HUKD - which you may have read by now anyway - the 20% is credited to your account by 9th Jan 2020 and comes off your bill at that time. Then simply clear the balance.
    Life has never given me lemons.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 14th Nov 19, 10:24 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    From an update on HUKD - which you may have read by now anyway - the 20% is credited to your account by 9th Jan 2020 and comes off your bill at that time. Then simply clear the balance.
    Originally posted by motorguy
    That makes sense. Haven't come across that sort of thing before. Didn't ever see it on HUKD. Spotted it originally on the Very page.

That makes it a good choice for students with that 300 budget some have set out. Leaves a bit for those who wish to go for a Lenovo extended warranty.

You can extend anytime throughout the first year, so can wait until the credit is applied.
    • katglasgow
    • By katglasgow 14th Nov 19, 11:39 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    katglasgow
    Thanks to eveeyone for their suggestions on laptops. I am going to go for the HUKD tomorrow and appreciate your time.
    Karyn
    Me debt free thanks to MSE
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,003Posts Today

7,347Users online

Martin's Twitter