Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kaz18
    • By kaz18 10th Nov 19, 2:26 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kaz18
    NHS Pension 1995 Scheme
    • 10th Nov 19, 2:26 PM
    NHS Pension 1995 Scheme 10th Nov 19 at 2:26 PM
    Hi, has anyone had any problems with the Pensions Dept at the NHS? My illustration on the Gov.uk website has been incorrect for years, so when I first noticed this I contacted the Dept and over the years did the same, each time to be told not to worry as it’s a government site and they can’t correct it, but they can see that I had earned and had protection on my salary as per the schemes rules. This year I applied for my pension on my 60th birthday and as you can guess, it was wrongly calculated, after several more calls, emails, letters etc they corrected it last week.....only to receive a letter this week from them to say in line with the recent letter they sent to me , which I haven’t received, regarding an overpayment and reduced contributions (completely the opposite), they want a payment returned.

This has been going on for two months now and I’m so stressed with all the calls etc explaining that they needed to increase my pension in line with my final salary in the rules, I’m beginning to wonder whether and when I just give in

Oh and the letters and forms they send are not in clear English but are so confusing in themselves.
    Last edited by kaz18; 10-11-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 10th Nov 19, 4:09 PM
    • 31,608 Posts
    • 19,600 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 10th Nov 19, 4:09 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 4:09 PM
    Try

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/ for assistance.
    • kaz18
    • By kaz18 10th Nov 19, 8:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kaz18
    • 10th Nov 19, 8:52 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 8:52 PM
    Thanks Xylophone, I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,670Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter