Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • preable
    • By preable 10th Nov 19, 2:11 PM
    • 2,039Posts
    • 1,326Thanks
    preable
    What do I do in this situation
    • 10th Nov 19, 2:11 PM
    What do I do in this situation 10th Nov 19 at 2:11 PM
    Iím due to attend the job centre tomorrow to sign for JSA... Trouble is I went to visit family as itís close to my birthday as canít get there on my actual birthday so caught the train down to see my parents.

Now while I was there my town Doncaster flooded and there are no trains running via Sheffield which is the only way I can get back, and busses are getting cancelled too.

What do I do will the job centre understand in this situation as itís all over the news the tracks are flooded all over the place and looking on the rail site it says no expected travel date and also says avoid travelling so Iím stuck in stoke! I have both sick days when I was ill so I donít want to get sanctioned (my parents donít drive as the are elderly and use the free bus pass)
Page 1
    • MarkN88
    • By MarkN88 10th Nov 19, 3:25 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    MarkN88
    • 10th Nov 19, 3:25 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 3:25 PM
    Speak directly to your work coach and not the call centre staff.
    • Nannytone
    • By Nannytone 10th Nov 19, 8:39 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    Nannytone
    • 10th Nov 19, 8:39 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 8:39 PM
    Iím due to attend the job centre tomorrow to sign for JSA... Trouble is I went to visit family as itís close to my birthday as canít get there on my actual birthday so caught the train down to see my parents.

Now while I was there my town Doncaster flooded and there are no trains running via Sheffield which is the only way I can get back, and busses are getting cancelled too.

What do I do will the job centre understand in this situation as itís all over the news the tracks are flooded all over the place and looking on the rail site it says no expected travel date and also says avoid travelling so Iím stuck in stoke! I have both sick days when I was ill so I donít want to get sanctioned (my parents donít drive as the are elderly and use the free bus pass)
    Originally posted by preable
    Why are you stuck in Stoke?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,670Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter