PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Section 21 and CCJ due to fees - help please

Comments

• sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I paid one installment and then filed for a DRO. There shouldn't be a default on the fee whatsoever!
    I informed the landlord and the court that I was filing a DRO!
    It was only when I checked my credit history today that I saw a CCJ.
    What do I do?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't DRO stay on the credit file for 6 years too, just like the CCJ? In which case does it really matter?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sal_III wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't DRO stay on the credit file for 6 years too, just like the CCJ? In which case does it really matter?
    no, it's 18 months.

12 Months active, 6 not active but recorded
  • sal_III
    Forumite
    Comms69 wrote: »
    no, it's 18 months.

12 Months active, 6 not active but recorded
    That's not what Stepchange website says:
    Does a DRO affect my credit file?
    A debt relief order will stay on your credit file for six years from the date it's approved. This may make it difficult to take out credit during this time.
  • Comms69
    Forumite
    sal_III wrote: »
    That's not what Stepchange website says:
    Spot on, we're both (sort of) right

http://www.debtadvicefoundation.org/questions/debt-relief-order-credit-score

basically it's active for 12 months, on the register for a further 3 (not 6 like I claimed)

and credit agencies will report for 6 years.
  • G_M wrote: »
    Just to pay devil's advocate for a moment, what would be unfair would be the landlord being out of pocket for the £355 court fee.

"
    Last year my old landlord issued an S21 notice on a flat I was in due to them selling it on.
    I was advised by a Housing Trust to stay in the property until I was evicted due to the fact that I would be rehoused if I intentionally made myself homeless. Even the landlord recommended this!
    A Court hearing date was set, however, on the same day as the hearing date, I had found a place to move in to. I still attended the hearing and explained everything to the judge.
    Now, this is the part that I am miffed about. The landlord asked the judge that I pay the Possession Order fee of £355 - Fair enough. However, I I have found out since that this was a CCJ! - It hardly seems fair that it will be on my credit file for 6 years when everyone advised me to stay.
    Is there any way to remove this from my record? And it correct to receive a CCJ from a possession order fee?"

I was waiting for someone to add a comment like yours. Read the OP.
  • Comms69
    Forumite
    "
    Last year my old landlord issued an S21 notice on a flat I was in due to them selling it on.
    I was advised by a Housing Trust to stay in the property until I was evicted due to the fact that I would be rehoused if I intentionally made myself homeless. Even the landlord recommended this!
    A Court hearing date was set, however, on the same day as the hearing date, I had found a place to move in to. I still attended the hearing and explained everything to the judge.
    Now, this is the part that I am miffed about. The landlord asked the judge that I pay the Possession Order fee of £355 - Fair enough. However, I I have found out since that this was a CCJ! - It hardly seems fair that it will be on my credit file for 6 years when everyone advised me to stay.
    Is there any way to remove this from my record? And it correct to receive a CCJ from a possession order fee?"

I was waiting for someone to add a comment like yours. Read the OP.
    But you didn't pay the £355......

Saying fair enough doesn't mean anything
  • sal_III
    Forumite
    Yes, we all agreed that this sum was affordable for me and this was formalised by the judge. I paid one installment and then filed for a DRO.

Isn't this "formalised by the judge" part effectively the CCJ?
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    Spot on, we're both (sort of) right

http://www.debtadvicefoundation.org/questions/debt-relief-order-credit-score

basically it's active for 12 months, on the register for a further 3 (not 6 like I claimed)

and credit agencies will report for 6 years.

A DRO is listed on the Insolvency Service website for 15 months - however it will on your credit file for 6 years.
    I have a Court Order which was agreed at the time of the Possession Order stating that I pay back the sum of £20.00 per month.
    So does it not matter that the all parites agreed to this? yet I still receive CCJ?
  • Comms69
    Forumite
    A DRO is listed on the Insolvency Service website for 15 months - however it will on your credit file for 6 years.
    I have a Court Order which was agreed at the time of the Possession Order stating that I pay back the sum of £20.00 per month.
    So does it not matter that the all parites agreed to this? yet I still receive CCJ?
    But you didn't pay £20 a month did you?
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    But you didn't pay the £355......

Saying fair enough doesn't mean anything

What? The agreement was to pay £20 per month until the sum of £355 was paid - this was sanctioned by the Judge and Claimant. There was no Order to pay the sum of £355 within 28 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure