Boiler Fan

Options
Hi all, first time on the forums :)

Our boiler is broken and we were just wondering if people have had good experiences with localheroes.com. We just visited and requested the job of repairing our boiler, we get a guy call and say it'll be £65 for call out including first hours work. However we're fairly certain which part is broken as we got E160 error on our baxi combi boiler which indicates its a fan issue.

He also informed us he wouldn't be able to get any parts until Monday, so we declined him coming today seeing as all he would do is confirm what we're certain about for £65 and then leave. Me and my wife aren't social butterflies and don't have anybody to ask what to expect in terms of total cost for call out/labour/parts. Read an article saying the fan part could cost around £200, we're wondering what we should expect for total cost.

Also we're in the Cardiff area so if anybody has any recommendations feel free to let us know! (assuming that's not breaking any rules)

Thank you for your time :)

Comments

• southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's not generally how local hero's works, the engineer will visit diagnose the problem & give you a quote via the portal, you then can accept or decline the quote, they can charge a diagnostic fee if they actually test the boiler & confirm the issue is definitely the fan, it sounds like this is what he has done, you also need to understand that local hero's take 20% of the quote so he won't be getting £65 as he will lose £13 of that, did you not get a web site estimate ?

What is the model of your boiler ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • JasonGood
    Options
    I wasn't given a total estimate as to what it would cost no. I guess we'll just have to have them come for a diagnosis tomorrow. Seemed silly to have them come yesterday as they said they wouldn't have the part nor be able to get it until Monday.

Its a Baxi Combi HE (duotec 28?)
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fan is around £150, 1 hours labour to fit it
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure