David Lloyd

I am a member of David Lloyd tennis club in an area where there is not another indoor court. The membership allows me to use other David Lloyd clubs throughout the country.
I am therefore wondering if the club in my area is expensive because there are no other indoor courts nearby or whether it is the same price throughout the country.
I have telephoned a few other clubs and they will not tell me how much it is to join unless I have a tour of the club with the membership manager.
Would anyone who is a member of another club mind sharing with me how much their monthly membership is please.
TIA

Comments

• They’re definitely not all the same price. My local one is small and does not have tennis courts yet is much more expensive than others within a 10 mile radius. The sales guy had the nerve to say it’s because it’s in an affluent area!
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There’s an old thread on this, prices vary enormously, and they are very secretive. I also found that the only way to learn the cost was to go on the tour - and a very poor tour it was too.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3326054&page=11
  • Phone up claiming to be from another club at the other end of the country and ask them for their prices.

"Hi mate, this is Dan sales manager at David Lloyd Colchester, just need to get a peak membership price check, got somebody in here wants to join our club but use yours" blah blah.

If you sound confident it will work. Just dont pick a club near yours as the chances are they will know the the sales team.
  • sujman
    sujman Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    David Lloyd Leicester Meridian
    Single peak annual Advance pay
    £580
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income