Where to put keys and gym card??

Gym users...silly question! Absolute newbie!!

Where do you keep your car keys? Gym card. No pockets. I could use a locker...but then u get a locker key!

Do you literally carry your keys, machine to machine? Doesnt the rattle become annoying?? Doesn’t seem like anyone else does?

Comments

• Don't the lockers keys have some sort of pin/band you can attach to yourself?

Otherwise, just carry them with you and pop them on the floor at each station. They'll only rattle if you kick them.
  • What type of locker keys do they have? Some have pins you can attach to your clothes and some have a strap that you can wrap around your water bottle.
  • I keep my gym card in my phone case! I do use a locker for everything else though, since I have a jacket and such. Honestly keeping the key is easier, you could even strap it around you water bottle if you don't want to keep it on you wrist
  • My locker has a padlock on with a code - so I put everything in there and then don't carry anything but water, or I carry a jacket around with me which has a zip pocket.
    I get it though, not ideal to carry keys around with you everywhere.
  • I use a locker so only have small key and phone for music.

Most gym leggings have zip pocket in the back for the key, I also have a wristband with a zip pocket. That either goes on my wrist or around a water bottle.

Have been known to stick them in my bra :rotfl:
  • Most lockers nowadays require you to slot your membership card or a pound coin into the locker to lock the locker door

If not, just Carry then around with you. Most cardio machines have little holders to put stuff in. Just don’t forget to pick them up!!!
  • Half of the lockers at my gym are broken, so I tend to take a hooded jumper and put my stuff in the pockets of that, and just pop that next to whatever machine I am on
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The 1 I used you could use a padlock from the gym (cost £5 though) or your own, I kept keys etc in there.

What you could do is just have your car key on you, maybe attached to your pass eg a lanyard in a pocket.
  • Danipat
    Danipat Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ha ha this is actually a sensible question!

I put everything in a locker then I bought a clip that I put my key on and I pin it to my trousers.
  • I am using a phone with card case so that's where I put my gym card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure