Delay Repay (Bexleyheath Line)

Anyone on here clued up on delay repay generally?

What sort of substantiation to train companies generally need?

To be more specific - my entire train line was down for a whole week. (Last week)

Some days I got a bus and tube, others I got a bus then alternative line, others I got a bus, alternative line and and DLR...etc etc wasn’t really taking much notice of how long i was spending travelling about...(it was what it was and I couldnt change it - so just stuck me head down and got on with it)

Question is - will I have to work out a retrospective theoretical ‘if the trains were working I’d arrive at destination at x time, but actually arrived at y time...’

Or will they just take a view on the general inconvieienece of the different routes an entire area would have been making across the line?

If it’s the former, I’ll probably not bother, sounds like id waste more time justifying the times than I would reap benefit....

Anyone else on the bexleyheath line gonna do it?

My delay each day is likely to be quite marginal...20 - 40mins on average (30mins is stated delay action point) some days was 60 mins....

Sorry know it’s geographically very specific, which is why I have general queries, as well as specific ones too....

Just wanna see what the public think?

Comments

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I think you're possibly on a hiding to nothing here - Delay Repay is when you get on train and it is late or cancelled en route. If they cancel it before you even get to the station then it's a different issue. You might be able to claim Enhanced Compensation if you've got a Season Ticket. Logically, If you'd made the same alternate journey each day and it was tracked on an Oystercard you could claim you were forced into that as there was no alternative - but on my experience with SouthEastern - they will reject out of hand and may give way if you escalate.

Southeastern do sometimes hand out Costa/Starbucks vouchers the morning after a big incident - look for the smartly dressed CS reps (in overcoats not fleeces and high-vis).

Good Luck! (from the Sidcup Line)
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • NBLondon wrote: »
    I think you're possibly on a hiding to nothing here - Delay Repay is when you get on train and it is late or cancelled en route. If they cancel it before you even get to the station then it's a different issue. You might be able to claim Enhanced Compensation if you've got a Season Ticket. Logically, If you'd made the same alternate journey each day and it was tracked on an Oystercard you could claim you were forced into that as there was no alternative - but on my experience with SouthEastern - they will reject out of hand and may give way if you escalate.

Southeastern do sometimes hand out Costa/Starbucks vouchers the morning after a big incident - look for the smartly dressed CS reps (in overcoats not fleeces and high-vis).

Good Luck! (from the Sidcup Line)

Cheers man. Spent an hour working it all out, then as suspect I realised it was more hassle than it was worth, so I have binned it.

If only they just made it easy!

I’m sure i read before they get comps from national rail regardless, which would be annoying.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's the buses that would be the issue - as there's no way to track your actual arrival time. If you end up using alternate trains and DLR then you could use the Oyster tap-in and tap-out times to argue that your overall delay was over the 30 minutes.

I use https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/ to prove that a service was over 30 minutes late or cancelled. Only about once a quarter though as 22 or 24 minutes late doesn't hit the threshold. Which is annoying on a run scheduled at 19 or 21 minutes... if the threshold was set at 30 minutes or twice the scheduled time - that would be more like it.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Looks like you are in luck - you can claim double the normal amount:
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/landslip-at-barnehurst
  • Mobeer wrote: »

Oi Oi, might give it a bash then, might be worth a 1’er on double bubble...i do commute from one of the listed stations.

Thank you, thats a nice to share too. Hopefully others can benefit from it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure