CLC World (aka Club La Costa)

Has anyone had any contact with this company?
we went to the 2 hour presentation and decided we could not afford it currently so walked away with £50 in vouchers and offer of 7 days free accommodation in either Spain, Turkey or Orlando Florida. What they dont tell you is that you only have 28 days in which to make your booking, however they still allowed us to book a month later and now i know why...
they take a £100 booking deposit which is reimbursed when you submit your flight details WITHIN 48 HOURS!!! I dont know about you but we have holiday policy that does not let you book your leave until you are in that financial year so that was fine for me as our year starts in January but my husband's starts in April. When i informed CLC of this they said they would call me back in April but could not guarantee that i would get summer holiday dates - i had already paid £145 supplement for this for 5 people.
now i have been told that i can book a holiday up to 2 years in advance but i cannot get a refund on anything i have paid even the holiday supplement. i argued that i wasnt told this and was told well we can check this as calls are recorded so i asked them to go ahead. needless to say i have heard nothing more since then (monday). I was supposed to get a call from their supervisor Michelle but obviously i am no longer a priority!
we met a lovely couple on Wed and they had invested £13K into a CLC World property as well as £550 per year maintenance but they found that they could never book the holiday they wanted as it was always booked which led them to wonder if the accommodation ever existed. they decided to walk away from this rather that waste any more money but could not get anything back that they had invested.
I would like to warn anyone thinking of investing to think again - i wish i had not tried to book the free offer and will be taking advice about the supplement i paid as i do not see why that cannot be reimbursed as they have plenty of time to re-book my week!
would be interested to hear how others got on and also if Martin has done an investigation into CLC World!

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Google?
    Did you not try that?
  • I haven't heard that name for some years, we used to get cold calls from them - as many as 5 per day (in case we had a change of mind I presume).

Once went to a free time share presentation in Florida to get free theme park tickets, I bet that's where they got our details from.

No other dealings, but then aren't most of the time share companies dubious? Think about the maintenance charge - that £550 per year is for how many weeks share per room - lets say 4 weeks and call it 12 of these segments equal one apartment.

That's over six and a half grand per year maintenance, if the charge was for 2 weeks then they are creaming thirteen grand a year off each apartment. nice work if you can get it.
  • pkal
    pkal Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 19 March 2019 at 2:10PM
    just to fill you in - i emailed CLC World and quoted the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the rights expected when buying online etc and i had a call back within 24 hours and a full refund within 5 working days including the deposit which I didnt expect! :)
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've seen them having a stand in Birmingham Airport a few times in the past few years, always near the entrance to security & departures and the restaurants, but not seen them for a little while - maybe they're only there on a seasonal basis?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure