PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone and newcomers,

Today:
    B: Omelette
    S: Chocolate biscuit (blinking work colleagues lol)
    L: Ham and coleslaw wrap, Apple
    S: Yogurt and peaches, maybe some grapes
    T: Jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad
    S: Probably a cheeky choc!

I still cant motivate myself to do exercise DVD I am walking the dog with Oh though but need to do something a bit more strenuous

Have a good day all
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • RicardaRacoon
    Options
    evening everyone

katie, sometimes it is ok to just eat whatever one likes as a treat!
    I hope you got through the day without falling off the waggon. It is so hard staying on track being tired.

Slowdown, hope you managed without comfort eating too much! And in case you still did, it is fully understandable!

natlie, wow, that is already a nice loss for this year! And very well deserved when I see how much excercise you get!

Oh boy, my trampoline excercise on Sunday was a bit too much... My shoulders and back have stopped aching but my tummy muscles still feel sore...

B bread with almond spread
    L spinach soup, bread with butter
    D polenta with mushrooms and cauli
    S banana, piece of cake (coworker brought some in as it was his birthday)
    E 1 hour swimming

I went swimming for the first time in half a year. We are fortunate enough to have an excelent indoor and outdoor pool, I have a yearly subscription and in summer I go quite often. Especially last summer when it was so hot for weeks. But I usually lose my moyo in autumn....

have a lovely evening everyone! I'm off to the couch with a movie and my knitting.
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Evening Everyone,

I've had quite a busy day. The decorator finished the painting today and although he has done a really good job I am a little disappointed with the colour. I chose a light grey, which looks lovely in some lights but seems to be looking quite blue in others. I am sure once pictures are back up and the new blinds up it will look great but at the moment I am not so sure.

I had a 40 minute walk and then Pilates this morning, followed by coffee with friends. I went out for lunch with my Mother and son as the kitchen was still out of bounds. DH was invited too but decided he didn't want to leave the decorator in the house on his own so I took him a sandwich back with me.

Tonight DS has taken his wife out for an early Valentine's meal as they are working on Thursday so I've got DGD overnight again. We had an energetic play so I've had no trouble reaching my step target again. She's safely tucked up in bed now.

Lunch: Prawn omelette with a green salad.
    Dinner: Pork shoulder steak with leeks, mushrooms, butternut squash and half a jacket potato with butter.
    Treats: Six squares of dark chocolate

That should be it for today, although yesterday I had a few Maltesers at work and then was hungry when I got in at half ten and had 2 slices of ham with cream cheese as a snack!

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Rose wood I had exactly the same thing re the paint. It looked completely different on my bedroom wall to the extent that I went back to the shop to check they had mixed the right colour! I ended up repainting it cream.

I managed 8300 steps today. Just spoke to my dad and he managed 12k! I am carrying more weight though, but I will get there eventually :)
  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Izadora, MrsL and Ricardaracoon. :)

The group session was really great for my friend. She met some fellow MND sufferers and felt able to talk openly about her symptoms and what the future might hold. She was very brave and I felt lucky to be a part of her life. There were plates of cake and I had a small slice of fruit cake.

But..... my evening went a little awry. My daughter has split up with her long term partner and it's been very painful to watch her in such upset and turmoil. I really feel for them both as their circumstances haven't been easy and I don't feel like they've had a proper shot at an adult relationship. He works around the country and she lives with us. Both in their mid twenties and not being able to live like settled adults. So, the result was a beer last night just to relax me. I was trying to avoid alcohol until Thursday but no. She is very upset again this morning and hasn't gone to work. I'm still in bed having spent a while trying to comfort her. Feel like stuffing myself but trying not to.

I was going to go for an early swim but I'll try later maybe. I was meant to weigh in this morning so I might venture down to the scales in a little while. Might have to register a gain though. We'll see :o

Anyway, good luck to you all today. I hope everyone stays on track as far as they are able. :)
  • hatful-of-hollow
    hatful-of-hollow Posts: 966 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2019 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Just about to go on our morning mile. Hopefully will get another couple of miles in this afternoon, weather permitting, maybe on the beach.

This is what I'm planning to eat today:

B 1 slice toast, black coffee
    L HM minestrone soup, 4 crackers, some grapes
    D Pork chop (fat cut off) in BBQ sauce, done in the SC, roast veg, couscous, corn on the cob

E total of 3.77 miles brisk walk
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, just popping on again to write my meals down.

b - cereal
    l - jacket potato, cottage cheese and beetroot
    d - turkey steak, baby potatoes, peas and carrots
    s - satsumas

I succumbed to a crunchie yesterday and it was like pure nectar in my mouth. However that is it for me, I don't intend to have another for a long while, it was just a really really nice treat.

I had the end of a box of my kids chocolate cereal for breakfast and it was horrible and claggy and left me very thirsty. I will be doing a shopping list for later and putting some better breakfast choices on. I usually have eggs or porridge but we are out of both at the moment. What do you lovely lot have for brekkie?
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Hi Dumpling

I don't eat breakfast but try to give DGD a protein based breakfast. This morning she had boiled eggs and toast. Other favourites are pancakes with smoked salmon and cream cheese, Greek yoghurt with berries or sometimes an egg and bacon muffin, which actually is more like a crustless quiche and doesn't actually have any flour in it at all. A cheese and spinach omelette is quite nice too, although she doesn't eat those.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2019 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Rose Wood, I hope you get used to the paint colour. It always confuses me how much something can change when you've got a small square vs a whole wall.

Dandy, well done with the steps. There's no need to worry yourself about how many your dad managed, just be proud of your achievement.

Slowdown, it sounds like you've got a lot going on at the moment so I'm not surprised you felt the need for a beer. I think that sometimes it's actually easier to deal with your own problems than watching someone you love in pain. Best of luck with today.

dumpling, I quite often don't have breakfast but when I do it's either a skinny latte (a bit of a waste of money I know but there's a shop near my work that does the most divine coffee), porridge or toast. If I've got time to bother with the chopping, I quite like fruit and yoghurt too.

I'm working from home again today and haven't actually bothered with breakfast. I keep considering having something but there's nothing that I want enough for it to seem worth the calories. Food's still a bit erratic as I'm trying to make it into the hospital each afternoon but it ends up massively cutting across lunchtime so I end up not having anything before I go and it being too late to bother by the time I get back.

Yesterday's food was:
    B - some fruit that was near its use by date
    L - a slice of toast at about 3pm
    D - leftover Linda McCartney beef roast with mash and loads of veg.
    S - a packet of puft hula hoops.

Having felt a bit stir-crazy due to working from home I did decide to walk home from the hospital and set myself a challenge of beating google maps. They list it as a 36min walk, I made it in 31 :D
  • star_trek_fan
    Options
    I'm registering a 3lb gain, not good when I've got a health check tomorrow. I have been eating loads of cr*p, including 6 packets of crisps yesterday. Didn't enjoy them. I reckon it's emotional eating, Saturday is the 2nd anniversary of losing my wonderful dad and it's hurting.

For breakfast, it's usually porridge with fruit and soya milk, washed down with orange juice. Keeps me full all morning; it's after lunch that the food in the kitchen keeps calling me.

I recently started working from home too, although have an active social life and do voluntary work outside the home. I understand going stir crazy.
    #77 Make 2019 in 2019 £164.04 / £2019
    Weight loss challenge#11 5 lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family