NatWest £125 switching bonus

Options

Comments

• spare_one
    Options
    Does NatWest require you to come into branch with ID to open account?
    Don't spend time saving less money than you could earn in that time on minimum wage...:laugh:
  • somsman
    somsman Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    spare_one wrote: »

No, you can use one of the following (if I remember correctly):

- entering your passport number + debit/credit card number from any UK bank
    - sending photo(s) of your ID document(s) through digital secure service
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    spare_one wrote: »

NatWest has an online secure document upload service you can use in lieu of a branch visit if they are unable to verify you electronically as a part of the application. In my experience however it was easier to go to a branch, since their system refused to accept my documents multiple times for some reason
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, has anyone received their £125 yet? I've had £1,500 go through the account already and the switch in is complete, I don't know if I have to hang on until February (which all told I'm fine with) or if there's a possibility it'll come through quicker.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • societys_child
    Options
    The T&Cs say it will be paid in February . . . that's all I know . .
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    well i have cycled £1700 through the account logged into online and mobile banking so i guess i just sit back and wait now :)
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone received their £125 yet? I've had £1,500 go through the account already and the switch in is complete, I don't know if I have to hang on until February (which all told I'm fine with) or if there's a possibility it'll come through quicker.

The T&Cs say it'll be paid by early Feb, likely as a way to force people to keep the account open and use it for a little bit rather than just as a quick cash grab - I don't expect it to be paid earlier then that, but we may be pleasantly suprised at some point. I haven't received any bonus yet for what it's worth...
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    On this account for the switch, in order for the £125 to be paid customers need to switch using an account with two dd's as well as paying in one payment of £1500?

On the cashback each month, does it work on mortgages and is there any help for those who pay their council tax once annually?
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    On this account for the switch, in order for the £125 to be paid customers need to switch using an account with two dd's as well as paying in one payment of £1500?

On the cashback each month, does it work on mortgages and is there any help for those who pay their council tax once annually?

There is no requirement for any DDs with the switch, just to pay in at least £1500 by Jan.

The cashback is 2% per DD - it doesn't matter if your council tax is monthly or annually. It just means you'll have a single larger cashback once a year for council tax for paying annually vs multiple smaller amounts each month for paying monthly. As for mortgages, I don't think you get cashback on these. A list of suppliers that do get cashback is below:

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/compare-current-accounts/supplier-tool.html
  • Hi everyone.

I want to take advantage of this NatWest offer. However, because I will be leaving First direct I will be eligible for £100 "leaving gift" as I'm not happy with the service.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get both of these deals by carrying out the move? I'm thinking it may not be as First Direct would need to initiate the 'leave'.

Thanks
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family