Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Comments

• Rob, I suggest you stick with it for now. As long as you gave your closing reading to the previous supplier, you won't have an issue. Even if you sent your closing reading to Together, they would have to wait for verification.

I know Together have problems at the moment and I am told that they are in the process of sorting them. I thought about switching but they still offer a much better deal than any available for me at the moment -- 11.103ppkWh and 23.26ppd fixed. I am elec only. Better Energy for gas, who have been excellent.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Well, I've had enough of them ignoring me - not to mention they taking around £20 over the odds on my direct debit, now cancelled and I'm off to Bulb who of course will kindly pay my exit fees, SHOULD I EVER GET THE FINAL BILL of course!
  • robj20
    robj20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    meherenow wrote: »
    Well, I've had enough of them ignoring me - not to mention they taking around £20 over the odds on my direct debit, now cancelled and I'm off to Bulb who of course will kindly pay my exit fees, SHOULD I EVER GET THE FINAL BILL of course!

No fees to leave bulb either so im just going to keep an eye on prices and once my accounts and multiple changes are sorted will change again. Together have really put me off just going for the cheapest now, so it will only be good reviewed companies in the future. SoEnergy were brilliant for me, accurate bill each month if i sent my readings in by the 8th and most importantly how ever i choose to contact them, usually via facebook i get a reply within 20 minutes.
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 12:44PM
    Oh dear, had the following back from Bulb:

"It looks as though your transfer over to us has been rejected by the industry as a result of your registration being too soon after a previous registration. I will have to wait a week before I can reapply for your gas and electricity"

I didn't realise there was a time limit in between switches?

This is really stressing me out I have to say and I will ask the ombudsman to take this into account when my complaint inevitably goes to them.

Now 2 months exactly since I supposedly closed my old account at my previous address yet I still do not have a final bill. So much for a final bill to be calculated within 6 weeks?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    meherenow wrote: »

Now 2 months exactly since I supposedly closed my old account at my previous address yet I still do not have a final bill. So much for a final bill to be calculate within 6 weeks?

Suppliers have to use their REASONABLE* endeavours to raise a Final Bill within 6 weeks of the actual date that the supply was transferred. You need to raise a written complaint.

* Lawyers make £Ms each year arguing about what is reasonable and what is not in contract law.

https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/synapse/commercial_endeavours.html
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2018 at 8:19PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    Suppliers have to use their REASONABLE* endeavours to raise a Final Bill within 6 weeks of the actual date that the supply was transferred. You need to raise a written complaint.

* Lawyers make £Ms each year arguing about what is reasonable and what is not in contract law.

https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/synapse/commercial_endeavours.html

Already raised an official complaint via email - they have 3 weeks left now before I escalate it to the ombudsman.

They haven't even ACKNOWLEDGED my complaint or subsequent emails.

edit: of course what is not disputed is that I can have the ombudsman step in after begin continually ignored for 8 weeks. I look forward to that happening.
  • Interstingly, Bulb cannot switch me at the moment as another company has put in for the switch at the same time.

They've informed me that "Together Energy Supply Ltd" took over my energy as I expected (when my smart meter ceased to work) on 28/12/17, but that my energy is switching to "Together Energy (Eddington)" from 01/03/18.

What on earth is going on there then?
  • fryedslyce wrote: »

I wonder why you would need to front a NEW energy company to accompany your other fairly new energy company (that, er, started out OK but is now mired in bad feedback)?

And can you switch customers onto this without their permission?

I cannot see them resolving my issues in a couple of weeks (especially since they have flat out ignored me, not even so much as an automated email!) so interesting times ahead as I prepare to forward my complaint onto the ombudsman.
  • I'm having a bad experience with together energy, my switch eventually got completed on 26/01, however no bill, online portal not working. I rang them 3 times now, once it took them over 20mins to answer, second time it went to an overflow line where I spoke to a madiha who promised me a call back but never got one. So I emailed them last week and still not had no response.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback