Cross Stitch Cafe 2018

nmm
nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
edited 1 January 2018 at 10:29PM in Crafting
Welcome old and new members to the 2018 thread, last year we lacked time and motivation to stitch as much as possible, lets hope we get more time this year. I'm still working on my Bauble Wreath and crocheting a bag aswell. What is everyone else currently working on?
Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Happy new year

I've not got a stitch on the go at the mo but have lots planned. I want to use up accumulated stash this year. I have lots!

My first project will be a Christmas stocking kit that I bought new grandchild that is expected very soon.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everyone, Happy New Year!
    I'm still going with Collecting Shells and also Pretty Little London to break up the (boredom) repetitive background half-cross stitches. I don't have so much time nowadays but so want CS finished this year.
    I found a suitable frame in a charity shop for the gingerbread trio but need a mount. I'm sure I have some somewhere and was looking and found more Christmassy stitchy kits/charts than I remembered..... I am definitely suffering from SABLE (stash accrued beyond life expectancy) so will not be buying anything extra this year, unless its a frame needed for a finished project. Please hold me to that!!!
    Back in the office today and it's so cold. My colleague is sitting with a scarf and coat on! My crochet blanket project will be coming here once it's finished!
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xxx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Happy new year one and all

I made a start on Mermaid Cove By Bothy Threads so number one goal is to finish that this year, ideally for GD birthday in July
    I’ve got an assortment of UFOs, mainly XS but also Stitchery and quilt tops which need to be prioritised for completion and then I also have various items where the stitching has been finished but they need making up or framing. This includes a large quilt top which I really like but it will cost a lot to have it professionally backed and quilted so that may have to be a future birthday present

Coxy I’m also a fully paid up member of SABLE and have been selling a lot of stash on eBay since we moved While most of the items sell for small amounts they mount up and I was able to finance Christmas from the proceeds (presents and food) so I want to continue with that As I sort through my stash not everything goes into the for sale pile so I end up with an ever growing list of projects I really want to do! Realistically I will have to go through the saved items as well but for now the system is working ok

One thing that has struck me is how much of the older stash was made in the U.K. while the newer stuff isn’t Such a shame

Now back to the mermaid .......
  • nmm
    I'm glad everyone has something to be stitching atm, can't wait for progress pics. I was inspired by Mrs MP's George Michael so i'm going to do an Elvis one for a friend.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Oh i look forward to seeing progress updates on Elvis.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Morning. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent Friday afternoon and most of Saturday bubble wrapping my Christmas stitched pictures and then deciding where to hang the everyday ones they replaced. I always have a bit of a swap around which is one of the reasons it takes so long but it’s an enjoyable task

Then on Sunday I sorted a large bag of assorted craft “stuff” which hadn’t been opened since we moved. What fun. I extracted the WIPS so,that I can work on them, put the bits and pieces such as ribbon, needles, odd skeins of DMC into their proper places, put some items into the eBay pile for,listing, and then added the charts I am keeping to my inventory on the X-Stitch app. I purchased this app quite recen,ty after someone on Flosstube (YouTubej raved about it and I really like it

Evening sttich7ng was Stitcher's Days Of Christmas, a lovely piece by Sue Hillis which I want to finish and frame for this Christmas. It’s quite a large piece with a lot of c9lour changes and fractional stitches but I’m using one of my favourite fabrics, opalescent Cashel linen which is a joy to Stitch on.

Ellis will be an interesting Stitch. Didn’t someone do an Elvis Piece a few years ago?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    I remember seeing Elvis face on this thread a while back so know someone did, can't remember who.
    Gone back to stitching spirit of the wolf I'd made a very small start on it a few years ago and put it away. It's a hard chart to read and all in greys purples and blues. I may be some time
    SPC~12 ot 124

• nmm
    edited 8 January 2018 at 11:06PM
    So please you got your assorted craft stuff sorted FOS and managed some stitching, same as you mrs MP, I hate difficult charts, I recently got contact lenses which are great for everyday life but not so good for stitching , takes a bit of focus.

I am guilty of not stitching anything, I have been crocheting though, this is what i'm working on https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lacy-v-shopping-bag
    I was going to do a basic Elvis silhouette, but now you all seem so excited about it I may have to look for a better one, let me know if you come across any.

EDIT: The previous Elvis Stitch was by PM2326, however I can't find a photo of it as as most of the old pictures don't work. I know photobucket has changed some settings and I think you have to pay now as all my old photos are not showing up :( they want $400 a year to embed images :eek: i'll stick to flickr.
  • Mrsmp. Wolves are another theme I recall watch8ng progress on here I don’t envy you all those shades of grey and brown though I’m sure it will be stunning when finished

Nmm. You could try doing a search on Etsy for Elvis cross stitch pattern. There are a lot of options, Charts with varying degrees of complexity, different eras etc Plus most of the charts are downloadable pdfs which I really like Looking forward to seeing what you choose to Stitch. Your crochet project is lovely but that’s one Craft I’ve never got on with in spite of numerous attempts
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    It's very quiet in here!!! Just to say I found a frame for the gingerbread trio in a charity shop (£2 bargain). Need to adapt the dark green mount I found in my stash as the design is an odd (American) size. DH will be helping with this at the weekend :)
    Crocheted blanket is about halfway (rows part, edging will be another story....)
    I've also indulged myself and booked a Royal School of Needlework one day course in stumpwork. It's in May at Hampton Court Palace. I've wanted to do one for years and finally got my act together. It's not cheap, but I don't have any vices, so I'm worth it! Only trouble is, my nephew who died used to live in Hampton Court and did what he did there - I need to face my demons, but it won't be easy.
    Hope you are all going well,
    Coxy xxx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure