Atrixa's Saving Diaries

Options

Comments

• atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ugh, what a pain this week has been. The aforementioned £9.22 off my bill hadn't materialised, so I had to ring them. They processed it too late so it'll come off next month. I only noticed because it put me into my overdraft. Then today I came home to a letter that implies that the Passport Office might have lost my mother's birth certificate. Better not have, it's cost me enough already without having to order another certificate.

On a brighter note, there's been a job posting where I work that looks promising. I'll write a covering letter for that over the weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh no, I hope they haven't lost the certificate, how inefficient!

Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Atrixa I am sure the passport will show up soon otherwise we will all be too scared to renew again. Good luck with job application I hope you are filling it in the garden and enjoying the weather.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    How infuriating about the birth certificate! Do you know if they've managed to track it down yet?

Good luck with the job application :D
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • atrixa
    Options
    Someone from the passport office rang me today and let me know that 'it had finally come in'. I presume that's code for they found it on the mailroom floor... She said that my passport should be with me soon so fingers crossed that all goes smoothly!

Thank you for the kind words about the application, guys. It was a nice easy one that just wanted my CV and a cover letter so it didn't take too long :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hooray for passport being found. Good luck with job application.
  • atrixa
    Options
    According to DX, my passport should arrive tomorrow. I'm glad there wasn't an issue with the photo- I think my head was 2mm smaller than the guide said.

It's payday (yey!), so here's an overview of my funds:

Holiday fund: £91.29/£310
    Help to Buy ISA: £245/£7,000
    Own home fund: £75/£3,600
    Emergency Fund £500/£500

I've changed one of my savings accounts to one with a 2.5% interest rate for 12 months, too.

Bit of an expensive month, really. I've had to replace my coat, although that was only £25. My existing one isn't waterproof and is looking a bit threadbare. My new one will be waterproof and have a detachable fleece so I can wear it all year round. I've also replaced my slipper boot things as my old ones have a hole in the sole, but I found a pair for £6 in House of Fraser. The downside of this is there's a £10 limit when you order off the website, so I treated myself to a candle to get the price up :p I'm also going on a night out this weekend to rather a pricey restaurant. We'll see how that goes...
  • atrixa
    Options
    *sigh* The text from DX was an error and I have to attend a passport interview before I get it. I just got a letter through the post today. That's more money to be spent on train fare...
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Poor you about the passport. At least you managed to treat yourself with some essential retail therapy. Hope the weather is better by you. It is grim here. lol.
  • atrixa
    Options
    Passport interview was fine. I went on the bus to save a few quid as I don't have a railcard anymore. Took ages but I made a running playlist on my phone. I've decided I'm going to do couch to 5k. I was going to order some new walking shoes next month as my current ones are leaking water in, so I've just ordered some running shoes instead along with a few accessories.

I've put on a bit of weight recently and I haven't done any exercise other than walking in ages, so I was thinking of joining a gym, but taking up running will be cheaper overall.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback