The Great 'shrinking food and other items' Hunt

Comments

• zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    real1314 wrote: »
    Slice an onion (15p), fry it.
    Add 2 tbsp curry powder (or a decent curry spice mix) (25p.)
    Add your meat.
    Add a tin of chopped tomatoes. (35p)

That'll give you 500g of ingredients and a better outcome.
    2 mins to chop the onoin, 5 mins to fry it.

80p saved for 7 mins work. Not hue, but probably satisfying to flick the v's at homepride?

It is, in fact, more (marginally) than the national minimum wage
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • zygurat789
    thor wrote: »
    Yeah I have been banging on about this as well. Wispa(which I have boycotted ever since they started their deception) used to have a 4 bar pack which totted up to a total of about 160g and these could be easily picked up for a quid. Now the pound shops are selling 3 of the smaller bar packs for the same price so where you could get 160g, you can now get only 90g. For this deceit, Cadburys are looking for credit because they did not raise the price:mad:

With a view to the debate going on about obesity, these reactions could be seen as a silver lining.
  • Scritti
    Scritti Posts: 335 Forumite
    zygurat789 wrote: »
    With a view to the debate going on about obesity, these reactions could be seen as a silver lining.

So charge everybody more for food so that fat people can't afford to eat as much??

Yep, that sounds fair.
  • zygurat789
    Scritti wrote: »
    So charge everybody more for food so that fat people can't afford to eat as much??

Yep, that sounds fair.

Only the types of food that make people fat so that people won't burden the NHS and hence the taxpayers. Yes - very fair. It is after all what they have done with tobacco.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Only the types of food that make people fat
    What utter rubbish.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I always make my own sauces as its cheaper, healthier (most sauces are full of sugar and salt - not needed) and tastier.
  • zygurat789
    Nada666 wrote: »
    What utter rubbish.

There's none so blind.
    What the Brierly hill do you think makes them fat?
  • Scritti
    There's none so blind.
    What the Brierly hill do you think makes them fat?

Being greedy and not knowing when to stop shoving food in their gobs??

Honestly, why should people suffer just because of other people's actions? That's unfair and utterly ridiculous.
  • Scritti
    Only the types of food that make people fat so that people won't burden the NHS and hence the taxpayers. Yes - very fair. It is after all what they have done with tobacco.

I don't mean to be rude but what utter rubbish you spout.

Everyone should be able to treat themselves to fatty and sweet foods every now and then. The fact that some people choose to be greedy is not a reason to put prices up. Why should the rest of society pay because some people can't exercise self-control?

Yes, it's what they did with tobacco and that's unfair too. I don't smoke anymore but, before I gave up, I resorted to buying cheap, nasty and potentially dangerous clone tobacco as it was all I could afford. Millions of other Brits are still doing this. It'll probably cost the NHS more in the long term. And it's all just an excuse to shaft the taxpayer and fill the treasury's coffers anyway. Just like the tax on fuel.
  • zygurat789
    Scritti wrote: »
    I don't mean to be rude but what utter rubbish you spout.

Everyone should be able to treat themselves to fatty and sweet foods every now and then. The fact that some people choose to be greedy is not a reason to put prices up. Why should the rest of society pay because some people can't exercise self-control?

Yes, it's what they did with tobacco and that's unfair too. I don't smoke anymore but, before I gave up, I resorted to buying cheap, nasty and potentially dangerous clone tobacco as it was all I could afford. Millions of other Brits are still doing this. It'll probably cost the NHS more in the long term. And it's all just an excuse to shaft the taxpayer and fill the treasury's coffers anyway. Just like the tax on fuel.

If you took your blinkers off you might understand the ways of the world, the dinosaurs died out and nobody missed them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback