Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• airyfairy76
    airyfairy76 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 13 October 2015 at 4:30PM
    I have deja vu! Had a mortgage approved in April by Santander for a new build - no issues, went through within a week, and I barely had to think about it due to my fab broker. Due to all sorts of issues leading to delays on the build, my broker is now submitting a new mortgage appication, as the formal offer expires on the 27th of this month, and the build will be ready at the earliest at the end of November.

I have been super careful not to change anything on my credit history in the last six months (new builds are rather prone to this kind of thing), and exchanged contracts back in July - fingers crossed no issues! The good news is that interest rates are lower than they were six months ago..... :)
  • Can I join you

Reservation on a shared ownership new build end of August
    1/9 AIP Woolwich
    9/9 meeting with broker
    12/9 Full Application
    Sit twiddling thumbs for next month whilst the valuation is arranged......comedy of errors seeing house is empty
    12/10 Valuation

Now just a waiting game....broker to Chase tomorrow
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

:pOfficial DFW Nerd 1365:p
  • Hi,

Just had word, so far mortgage application with Natwest going good, just waiting on a date for the valuation...

Once that's arranged, unless there is a difference in the value (unlikely)... what's the likelihood thereafter of being declined...

Is it just a few final checks if they are happy with the valuation and that's it?

Thanks
  • Can I join you

Reservation on a shared ownership new build end of August
    1/9 AIP Woolwich
    9/9 meeting with broker
    12/9 Full Application
    Sit twiddling thumbs for next month whilst the valuation is arranged......comedy of errors seeing house is empty
    12/10 Valuation

Now just a waiting game....broker to Chase tomorrow

14/10 7.45am....best wake up call mortgage offer has been issued.

Good luck to everyone else waiting
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

:pOfficial DFW Nerd 1365:p
  • Monobrow
    Monobrow Posts: 30 Forumite
    Fantastic news glimmer! We are hoping for some positive signs before the end of the week? Better keep checking in case they've taken valuation fee!!! :D
  • Had an email from my broker today- Precise have noticed that the NI number on my payslips is different to what I supplied to them, this was a typo made by my company (which we only noticed when going through all this paperwork to send off!) and luckily I have a letter from HR explaining their mistake, so sent that off to them this morning and hoping that's enough for them! Our broker says that Precise aren't fussy about credit check, but they are about paperwork so hoping this won't cause too many problems. Am also trying to find out if valuation has a date yet. So nerve wracking!!
  • Have found out from the agent that the valuation took place yesterday, so just waiting for the report now. I relayed my concerns to my broker about getting a decline, he said they won't decline unless there's a problem with the property as its just dotting the i's and crossing the t's at this stage. I know that Precise CAN decline at this stage so taking that with a pinch of salt but still hopeful!
  • Good Day Guys,

So heres the lowdown

Paperwork all in to M.A - 01/06/15
    sent off to Precise around 22/06/15 as we had to wait for a new SA302 for BF
    They came back and said they would offer us 75% and not 85% so we went away spoke to family and agreed we could do 75%, they then came back and said no to 75% and they would offer us 70% which at the time we couldnt find the additional 5% deposit.

We then applied to a company called Pepper home loans and they did all their checks in July and confirmed that we had an AIP for £90,000. We filled in the application and returned this on 3rd August, they then asked us for more and more information and the next months bank statement, payslips and so on which we provided.

Yesterday 13th October we finally got an answer after 2 months of waiting, we didn't get the mortgage, which has made us quite down-hearted!

I will point out my credit is crap but getting better everyday - my bf's is platinum compared to mine!

We are now revisiting Precise and their offer of 70% LTV but seriously how many mid-20yr olds have a deposit of £36k.....if it wasn't for his parents and my grandparents we would not be able to even proceed any further.

Fingers crossed for us as we are desperate....we are hoping to buy our rental house as we just love it!

Cheers

Aimee
    Debt Free: January 2016 :rotfl:
    Exchanged & Completed: 16/12/2015 :T
    NOT A "DIY"ER
  • Do you have adverse credit history Moosechan?
  • Connor73
    Connor73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Solicitor called today they have received our mortgage offer and sending papers out to sign....we not received offer yet...hopefully be in tommorrow post......the papers that need signing they won't be exchange of contract will it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback