Barclays Bank Hassle

13»

Comments

• And, socajam, I hope you appreciated the irony of me not including your post in my reply - or this one, for that matter.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 21 March 2019 at 11:41PM
    Socajam wrote: »
    "Could I suggest you start using the quote feature? You’re just making confusion by posting other people’s words in your posts."

I will try, but having a comprehension of what is written is all that is required.
    I could read that and understand that the first part relates to a question that was asked. The second relates to the person answering the question.

Comprehension of how the forum (any forum) works would be a good starting point. It’s only polite to show the quote and not add your own words on to the end of someone’s post.

It isn’t difficult, there’s a big button with the word “QUOTE” on it and you only have to press it to add the previous post as a quote to your new post.

9150984-F-BAE1-4-B67-AD83-037-E7-F8-FC1-AF.jpg
    ====
  • Socajam
    Socajam Posts: 1,238
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    And, socajam, I hope you appreciated the irony of me not including your post in my reply - or this one, for that matter.

Duly noted.
    Life is too short let's move on to the next problem.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I note the OP has studiously ignored responding to post #9....
    Doh!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Ro2124
    Ro2124 Posts: 47
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What is it with people they always have to jump to instant conclusions?..(Doh!) I haven't studiously avoided anything, believe it or not, people do not sit on internet 24/7 answering every post immediately,fact is had to go away for a few days, so it's nothing to do with avoiding anything.
    Anyway been a lot more responses than I expected ,some with good advice so I shall read through them and consider each one..ermm "studiously".
    So I consider this the end and will have to see how it works out and thanks to everyone who tried to be helpful
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ro2124 wrote: »
    What is it with people they always have to jump to instant conclusions?..........

I didn't jump instantly, I observed the available information.
    I saw that you had come back after post #9 and responded to three other posts but not post #9.
    What other logical conclusion could be made? :A
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2019 at 10:18PM
    I have a hunch what happened regarding the OP's change of address issue. Either their written requests were going unread, or unactioned - not all written requests will be blindly followed to the letter, for obvious security reasons, including whether the customer has a current signature on file (for a migrated Woolwich account? Possibly not). Barclays can apply a mail suppression, which likely happened after their Dutch counterpart complained, but this doesn't necessarily imply the address details held will have been updated.

The claim for the missing 2013 cheque will involve some poor dogsbody going through about 6 years of holding account entries to confirm there is no evidence of the cheque being cashed, after which they should send you a new one if they're sufficiently happy with who you are.
    : )
  • Armorica
    Armorica Posts: 866
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just make a formal complaint to Barclays and then move onto the Ombudsman.
  • Ro2124
    Ro2124 Posts: 47
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well,finally some good news.
    Had a letter from Barclays today it seems they have now traced the account.
    Situation was they sent the cheque to the previous address although told not to.
    But they say they never received that instruction.
    So it appears the cheque was sent back to the bank buy the occupant of my previous address, so the cheque was never cashed and they finally traced it and are now prepared to issue new cheque.
    Even better, after all this time it accrued quite a nice amount of interest, so as the old saying goes all's well that ends well.
    So with several thousand more in the bank, think it's time to treat oneself to a nice bottle of Scotch.
    So thanks to everyone for all the advice given,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport