Very strange thing when iPhone is plugged into the car audio?

Jon_01
Jon_01 Posts: 5,868 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
My wife has an iPhone 6, whenever she plugs it into the car stereo via USB is starts playing the same track. But, she's deleted that track from the phone??
I've searched the phone to try to find a copy, none there and yet it keeps happening.

The car's a Peugeot 208 XY and as far as I can tell it has no internal memory so the tracks not there.

It's no big problem to switch tracks, but I can't work out how this is happening?? Anyone have an insight??

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,064 Forumite
    mobile phone memory storage cache.........delete
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    Sounds like another iTunes or app issue.

Try the following

Settings
    Cellular - scroll down until you find the app(s) that are auto-playing music in car from iPhone.
    Turn the switch to the Off position

It should stop music auto-play streaming from Apple Music and Music app
  • techquest
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    My wife has an iPhone 6, whenever she plugs it into the car stereo via USB is starts playing the same track. But, she's deleted that track from the phone??
    I've searched the phone to try to find a copy, none there and yet it keeps happening.

The car's a Peugeot 208 XY and as far as I can tell it has no internal memory so the tracks not there.

It's no big problem to switch tracks, but I can't work out how this is happening?? Anyone have an insight??

Have you got anywhere with this yet?
  • Jon_01
    techquest wrote: »
    Have you got anywhere with this yet?

Afraid not.

Cleared cache, removed all the tracks downloaded with the app, uninstalled the app itself, restarted the phone. Plugged it into the car, and the same track still plays!
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Whats the song? Its not something by George Thorogood is it?

:)
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Worth a punt, and I could be wide of the mark, but assuming the iPhone is running iOS 12 it might be worth a look at this:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209055

My Fiesta has Bluetooth (but not CarPlay) and when I get into my car, and it connects, it brings up a Apple Maps notification to tell me how long it'll take to get to work and I'm wondering if that's what is going on here?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Jon_01
    20aday wrote: »
    Worth a punt, and I could be wide of the mark, but assuming the iPhone is running iOS 12 it might be worth a look at this:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209055

My Fiesta has Bluetooth (but not CarPlay) and when I get into my car, and it connects, it brings up a Apple Maps notification to tell me how long it'll take to get to work and I'm wondering if that's what is going on here?

Don't think it's that.

The tracks a podcast and runs 20 minutes.

I noticed today when the phone's plugged in the in car screen shows 'Track 0/0'!!!! But it still plays the damn thing. . .
  • techquest
    edited 21 March 2019 at 8:32PM
    What audio system is in the car? What IOS on phone?
  • Jon_01
    techquest wrote: »
    What audio system is in the car? What IOS on phone?

The phone's on something like IOS 10, the in car system is a Peugeot in house thing that I think runs on Linux. It'll talk to iPhone through the usb, but won't connect to Android without hacking the phone to con the car into thinking it's talking to an Apple device...
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Any particular reason your OH hasn't upgraded to iOS 12?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure