MSE Resolver Tool. Can I add new info before sending the case to the Ombudsman?

I am currently in the middle of a case against Halifax to reclaim packaged bank charges. Since I made the official resolver complaint new information has been discovered which significantly helps me.

Halifax are aware of this new information but I am worried that I won't be able to pass this information to the banking ombudsman if I decide to reject Halifax's offer.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can add what you like to any complaint, but if Halifax have upheld your complaint, because you say they have offered you something, then I'm not seeing wy you would refer it to the ombudsman.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Far more detail required for a considered opinion...
  • -taff wrote: »
    You can add what you like to any complaint, but if Halifax have upheld your complaint, because you say they have offered you something, then I'm not seeing wy you would refer it to the ombudsman.

They haven't offered me anything yet. They have said that due to the new information they need to investigate further. Also if they don't offer me every penny I am owed I am taking it to the ombudsman. I won't be negotiating a figure.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    karljt2013 wrote: »
    I won't be negotiating a figure.

That's correct. Redress is defined based on what you paid. There's no negotiation.
  • [Deleted User]
    They haven't offered me anything yet. They have said that due to the new information they need to investigate further.
    What is this "new information"? How has it come to light and how do you think it significantly aids your complaint? Why would you not be able to impart this to the Ombudsman?
    if they don't offer me every penny I am owed I am taking it to the ombudsman. I won't be negotiating a figure.
    Understand that you are not "owed" anything as yet.
    You are making a complaint that you were mis-sold a packaged account, I assume because you did not need or use any of the account's features. If the Bank agree you were mis-sold they'll refund your account charges with interest. There is no "negotiation" and no point going to the Ombudsman unless the Bank reject your complaint.
  • Using the resolver tool, after you have escalated to the Ombudsman, should I receive some form of notification from the Ombudsman through the post? If so, does anyone know how long it takes? I escalated something at the end of January and have heard nothing since. Just wondering if that was the norm.
  • [Deleted User]
    halfman73 wrote: »
    Using the resolver tool, after you have escalated to the Ombudsman, should I receive some form of notification from the Ombudsman through the post?
    Did you "escalate" the complaint due to receiving no response?

To me, additionally no response from the Ombudsman would indicate a problem with third-party Resolver.

Make your complaint directly..
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    halfman73 wrote: »
    Using the resolver tool, after you have escalated to the Ombudsman, should I receive some form of notification from the Ombudsman through the post? If so, does anyone know how long it takes? I escalated something at the end of January and have heard nothing since. Just wondering if that was the norm.

I didn't use a third party tool that harvests data to make a complaint via the FOS, I just did it directly on their website. I received an email from the case handler a couple of days later. I would suggest you contact the FOS directly and complain about things directly next time to avoid having the problems of a third party trying to pass on data and using your anonymised date to make money.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Resolver is renowned for issues receiving responses... as you have used Resolver then FOS will presume you want all correspondence via that service. Log back in to your resolver complaint and see what responses you’ve had.

If none go direct.
  • Thanks folks. I'll go direct to FOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family