Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• collinsca
    collinsca Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive got:
    TV for £32 (Entertainment and SKY Sports)
    Broadbankd/Talk for £25.00
    TOTAL £57

Recent charges went up £3 meaning £60
    I negotiated for the charged to be dropped to £57.50 .

I was hoping for more of a reduction, but was told nothing could be done and that other people on better deals would have got that during times of offers i.e. they cant offer me that deal at this time.

Appreciate thoughts on whether i should have been able to get better and continue to negotiate.

Im Platinum. 18month contract on all.

Thanks
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've emailed and started the cancellation process as my deal was up.

I'm on the old sky system (NOT SKY Q)

Was paying £51ppm for Entertainment/Sports/Cinema/multiroom/kids/boxset

Cannot see sky chat on their site. Always negotiated via that in the past.

So are deals harder to find now? The app isn't showing much at all.
    Are they trying to push people into SkyQ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tired_dad wrote: »
    I've emailed and started the cancellation process as my deal was up.

I'm on the old sky system (NOT SKY Q)

Was paying £51ppm for Entertainment/Sports/Cinema/multiroom/kids/boxset

Cannot see sky chat on their site. Always negotiated via that in the past.

So are deals harder to find now? The app isn't showing much at all.
    Are they trying to push people into SkyQ?
    Use a browser and go to http://sky.com/reviewmyoptions and sign in, you should have a Live Chat option along with the phone number. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of offers right now but that may have changed this morning for instance as they come and go rapidly.

BTW if you go to https://www.sky.com/ and sign in you should also have a link for "Come back to Sky, Your Exclusive Offer", mine is for £15 for Entertainment and £3.50 per add-on (can't see any reference to the £10 admin fee either). I also had an offer of £15 for Entertainment with no mention of the add-ons via the box itself but that's using a Sky Q box, I can't remember if the HD boxes have that function (probably not).
  • Dipesh44
    Dipesh44 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Been offered this via live chat. Is it worth it?

Here are the prices you pay for the packages after the discount is applied : Sky Entertainment Pack @ £15.00 pm Sports & Cinema Pack @ £22.00 pm Sky Line Rental @ £13.99 Talk Anytime Extra @ £10.00 pm Broadband Fibre Unlimited @ £8.01 pm
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tv is ok and standard for what you get. But you’d be better off checking the link in the previous post to yours. They’re offering that in combination with £1 each for hd, kids and something else. That too was posted earlier. Depends if you have cancelled or not.

Don’t They’re offering faster fibre and line rental for £27 combined. On that basis I wouldn’t say your deal was good.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dipesh44 wrote: »
    Been offered this via live chat. Is it worth it?

Here are the prices you pay for the packages after the discount is applied : Sky Entertainment Pack @ £15.00 pm Sports & Cinema Pack @ £22.00 pm Sky Line Rental @ £13.99 Talk Anytime Extra @ £10.00 pm Broadband Fibre Unlimited @ £8.01 pm
    JamesN wrote: »
    Tv is ok and standard for what you get. But you’d be better off checking the link in the previous post to yours. They’re offering that in combination with £1 each for hd, kids and something else. That too was posted earlier. Depends if you have cancelled or not.

Don’t They’re offering faster fibre and line rental for £27 combined. On that basis I wouldn’t say your deal was good.

Sky only do one fibre speed now unless there's an unknown technical reason at the exchange, of course it still subject to distance from the cabinet and/or local congestion.

@Dipesh44, if you can get the addons for £1 each then I would accept that myself (my own personal choice obviously).
  • Lyndi7
    Lyndi7 Posts: 6 Forumite
    My sky sub recently went up to £53 from £38.99. I'm only in contract for Ent not BB or line.
    I phoned and was offered £5 reduction. I refused and was put thru to retentions and was offered £40.50 for Ent, BB and line. I refused and referred him to online offer of £33 pm which I was told wasn't available to me as I already had BB. I persisted, he spoke to his Manager and came back and agreed.
    So instead of my package costing currently £38.99 rising to £53 next month, I will be paying £33 on an 18 month contract. Result and worth hanging round on the phone for ages. :)
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    there seem to be 2 similar threads. a "Haggling" one and "retention deals".

Whats the difference?
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    tired_dad wrote: »
    there seem to be 2 similar threads. a "Haggling" one and "retention deals".

Whats the difference?

I've wondered the same too. I think the haggling one applies to broadband too but not sure
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 March 2019 at 12:01PM
    Old Package:
    Variety £13.40

Renewal Package
    Entertainment £15
    Kids £1

My broadband is not due to for renewal until July and they wanted to offer me £5 only which I am paying£10 at present.

However I have free line rental and there is no guarantee I would be able to renew this while being locked into another year at least. So I knew they were doing it for this reason, asked them to leave the broadband.

The Tv Package is for 18 months, initially tried to charge me an admin fee of £10 but I said if they took it off I would take the offer now.

Seems SKY are not offering deals as good as before, but it's close enough for me.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure