Gather CSA debt while homeless?

Options
Hi I need some advice. I have two children to different mothers. I had personal arrangements with both financially. The mother of my oldest (NPD sufferer who enjoys harming people) I also owned a house with her which she simply left me with and I couldnt afford alone. I couldnt sell it either as it was worth less than we paid for it for years so I was stuck. After illegally hacking my phone, as well as costing me a good job, eventually I was left trying to work from home on a self employed basis. I was selling everything I owned to hire a car for the weekend to collect my son. I had given her the car, which she sold when she got married again and bought a brand new one. To cut a long story short I never had any dealings with the CSA however when I finally couldnt keep paying the bills any longer I was left homeless. The dog and I were living in a park. Incredibly it was at this time when I got a call from the CSA demanding money. I told them I was homeless and looking for advice, they told me to call them back when my situation changed so I could pay them?. Fast forward a year. Despite having literally nothing to my name I borrowed a suit, some shoes, someone gave me a room to stay In temporarily and I managed to get a job!. I also had to borrow a van to do this job which I promised to pay monthly rent on. I found a house to rent and was looking forward to collecting my boys again when I got paid in 8 days time. Today I get an email from the MD of my new company saying there is a problem, that they have been told they need to deduct £600 a month from my wage for TWO YEARS. Not only will I not have enough left to live on, Im about to let down the only people that helped me get off the streets, I cannot pay any of them back what I promised. I need to give the van back, I cant pay rent for this house, I cant buy clothes (Currently I have nothing). So on the very first pay day ill be losing my job. I simply cant keep doing it I wont have any transportation or ability to pay for any. How does this seem fair? How does this seem in the best interests of my son? Anyone could call him and ask if this is how he would like it to be, probably not in 4 weeks during their family holiday to Greece though. How do I build up such a huge debt without earning any money?. Yes I have called them they told me I should have called them and told them I was homeless. Really? I didnt even know I had a CSA case, maybe they wrote to me....at what address who knows?. And the last thing on my mind was calling government shake down agencies to tell them I was starving in a park please dont chase me for money. Its all WRONG. Most disappointing in all of this is its a 400 mile round trip to collect my son something we were both looking forward to so much. Now I cant do it not now not anytime in any near future. This is "child support"?. Its not what he would want at all. The lady on the phone at the CSA told me "Its more important that you pay than that you see him". I felt like screaming. What about what he thinks is important?...

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spencer23 wrote: »
    Hi I need some advice. I have two children to different mothers. I had personal arrangements with both financially. The mother of my oldest (NPD sufferer who enjoys harming people) I also owned a house with her which she simply left me with and I couldnt afford alone. I couldnt sell it either as it was worth less than we paid for it for years so I was stuck. After illegally hacking my phone, as well as costing me a good job, eventually I was left trying to work from home on a self employed basis. I was selling everything I owned to hire a car for the weekend to collect my son. I had given her the car, which she sold when she got married again and bought a brand new one. To cut a long story short I never had any dealings with the CSA however when I finally couldnt keep paying the bills any longer I was left homeless. The dog and I were living in a park. Incredibly it was at this time when I got a call from the CSA demanding money. I told them I was homeless and looking for advice, they told me to call them back when my situation changed so I could pay them?. - right all sensible so far. (I suspect it was CMS, CSA hasn't taken new cases for many years)

Fast forward a year. Despite having literally nothing to my name I borrowed a suit, some shoes, someone gave me a room to stay In temporarily and I managed to get a job!. I also had to borrow a van to do this job which I promised to pay monthly rent on. I found a house to rent and was looking forward to collecting my boys again when I got paid in 8 days time. - so far so good. Today I get an email from the MD of my new company saying there is a problem, that they have been told they need to deduct £600 a month from my wage for TWO YEARS. - nope. That is simply incorrect Not only will I not have enough left to live on, Im about to let down the only people that helped me get off the streets, I cannot pay any of them back what I promised. I need to give the van back, I cant pay rent for this house, I cant buy clothes (Currently I have nothing). So on the very first pay day ill be losing my job. I simply cant keep doing it I wont have any transportation or ability to pay for any. How does this seem fair? How does this seem in the best interests of my son? Anyone could call him and ask if this is how he would like it to be, probably not in 4 weeks during their family holiday to Greece though. - your son is nothing to do with this How do I build up such a huge debt without earning any money?. - you don't. Which is why your story doesn't add up Yes I have called them they told me I should have called them and told them I was homeless. Really? I didnt even know I had a CSA case, maybe they wrote to me....at what address who knows?. - you can ask for a mandatory reassessment. And the last thing on my mind was calling government shake down agencies to tell them I was starving in a park please dont chase me for money. Its all WRONG. Most disappointing in all of this is its a 400 mile round trip to collect my son something we were both looking forward to so much. Now I cant do it not now not anytime in any near future. This is "child support"?. Its not what he would want at all. The lady on the phone at the CSA told me "Its more important that you pay than that you see him". I felt like screaming. What about what he thinks is important?...

The reason I don't believe your story; and it's important you're honest.

How can you build up £24k in arrears in 12 months?
  • Sibz
    Sibz Posts: 389 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    The reason I don't believe your story; and it's important you're honest.

How can you build up £24k in arrears in 12 months?

Further to this - if you were homeless and unemployed then the CMS would likely be aware of your zero income as they have access to HMRCs database - that's what they use to determine what is owed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure