Should I buy games from the playstion store

I'm looking to buy pure pool for the ps4 but it's expensive too buy new so is it best to buy it from the playstation store. If I was to buy it from the playstation store is it best to buy a top up voucher.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 February 2019 at 5:09PM
    burtons wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy pure pool for the ps4 but it's expensive too buy new so is it best to buy it from the playstation store. If I was to buy it from the playstation store is it best to buy a top up voucher.

Its up to you.

Nothing wrong with adding a credit/debit card to your account, just remember that 1 is added and you don't accidentally buy content.

Use a voucher if you like. If you go voucher then cdkeys could be an option.
    A benefit of vouchers is A you can only spend whats on the card and B if by some chance your account is hacked they can only spend whats left of the voucher.
  • burtons
    burtons Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Its up to you.

Nothing wrong with adding a credit/debit card to your account, just remember that 1 is added and you don't accidentally buy content.

Use a voucher if you like. If you go voucher then cdkeys could be an option.
    A benefit of vouchers is A you can only spend whats on the card and B if by some chance your account is hacked they can only spend whats left of the voucher.
    I think it's best to use vouchers. What is cdkeys.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    burtons wrote: »
    I think it's best to use vouchers. What is cdkeys.

its a website who sell gaming subscriptions etc, check it out.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    £12.99 on Ebay at the moment for new/sealed

Not sure how that compares to the store or cdkeys
  • OP, PSN games are, more often than not, more expensive than buying off places like Ebay or Amazon. Have you tried the used games section of places like CEX, Grainger Games etc. Remember that if you buy a download game, you can't then sell it on when you tire of it. I've only ever used vouchers to credit my account, wouldn't let PSN anywhere near my bank cards.
  • I agree with @Bigphil1474, Try some coupons and ebay stores.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • chrisw99
    chrisw99 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Only £7.99 on the store at the moment, far cheaper than physical.
    Or £9.29 for the bundle with Pure Snooker as well.

I've bought loads of games from the store - in my experience it's more expensive for the blockbuster AAA games, COD, Read Dead, etc, but for the smaller indie games it tends to be a lot cheaper than physical.

Also they have lots of deals constantly so it's worth checking the store all the time in the deals and offers section.

Can do it from store.playstation.com from a web browser, don't have to be on the PC. That way you can do it from work, buy the game, trigger the download, so it's all downloaded and installed when you get home!
  • DigiGav
    DigiGav Posts: 7 Forumite
    You can resell your physical games. For example i got RE2:remake day of release £35. I finished it in 4 days, sold it for £35 via facebook marketplace... (since the £35 was a good deal i found at Argos surprisingly while it was £40 other places even at CEX is was £40 used lol)... so it is possible to play games and make up to all your money back if you finish quickly. :D I'd use boomerang game rentals but I don't trust sending and receiving games via post like that ^^.
  • Kinzey
    Kinzey Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I normally buy discs as you could re sell them if youre having a clear out.
    digital games can corrupt , but then again a friend of mine can install games from other discs but not GTA 5 (it was working for a while but stopped all of a sudden) the console wouldnt take it. so he had to download it instead so hes had to buy this game twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure