Viagogo mis-selling?

13»

Comments

• Says that internet purchases even for tickets are under 14 days cool off period, so if I cancelled that transaction with my bank, can they go after me?!
  • CatDaly wrote: »
    I recently purchased tickets from Viagogo, not realising it was a third party market place. I googled the artist and venue to see was selling tickets and they came up first, so I proceeded to buy the tickets. Once in the basket, I realised the price was much higher than I expected but was being told that the venue had almost sold out so proceeded with the purchase. Once I realised I didn't have a seat reservation I began to panic. When I checked on the venue website, I realised I had paid more than double, and there are still tickets available. Although I did not read the terms and conditions - the timer was ticking down, at no point did the website clearly say what it was, in my opinion. It behaved the same way Ticket Master or See tickets behave. Do I have any right to a refund - I seriously feel like I have been mis-sold these tickets, or does the fact I didn't read the T&C's mean I have no rights to complain? I have written to Viagogo and they have simply explained who they are and that my tickets are guaranteed.
    I've just made the same, very expensive mistake. I was in a hurry and as you say it's cleverly designed to look as if time is short. I can't believe I've been so taken in, especially as I'm usually pretty aware of this type of site, though in this case I hadn't noticed that I'd clicked onto a 'sponsored ad'. Surely they can't say that tickets are almost gone when they aren't?! I've reluctantly resigned myself to losing this money and have put it down as an experience to learn from. A very hard lesson and I'll be kicking myself for some time to come!
  • l0k3 wrote: »
    I purchased tickets from Viagogo and was unable to attend the concert. So I resold the tickets through them succefully, only to find that when I went to claim the money from my sale, I am no longer able to access my account on their site and have recieved no password retrieval notification. There refusal to respond to my personal email requests leads me to believe that they have deactivated my account and pocketed the money. Which gives them the profit from having sold the tickets, twice!

Hi did viagogo pay you your money in the end for the tickets you resold?
  • Hi did viagogo pay you the money in the end for the tickets you resold on their website? Was it resolved?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure