PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Last day of the holidays here, so meeting a friend at our local NT property to wear our darlings out. No money left in the pot to spend, so I'll be taking snacks with me. Last time I was there, I got charged £2.80 for a can of Pepsi :eek:

Time before that to get the kitchen sparkling and sort out the animals. Non-furry hellbeasts are already fed and watered and now watching Horrid Henry on TV.

Fayolle - no doubt tomorrow I will have to drag my boys out of bed for school, despite them being up at 6am all flaming holiday! :mad: "We" too are likely to be late...
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bonjour all,

First normal day here, been on holiday until now. Chatted to DD1 last night to boost her as she has exams today. Dropped DD2 at the 'end of the world' where she studies on Saturday and came home on Sunday. Was hard to get up and going this morning. OH back at work and me too.

House is reasonably tidy although I have a mountain of washing (actually a whole mountain range). But on MSE front did make my lunch today so good start to the year.

Catch you all later Student has arrived early!
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. I've done a load of washing, pegged it out, it drizzled, so it's back in and draped round the radiators.

Might be going out in a while with DD2 if we can think of somewhere to go on a grey day with a 2 year old......
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollybear wrote: »
    Might be going out in a while with DD2 if we can think of somewhere to go on a grey day with a 2 year old......

Wellies and waterproofs and puddle splashing?

Breakfast scoffed, showered, phone call from work fielded (no I didn't book a coach because I wasn't asked to book a coach...), now to empty DW. And make lunch. DD has got to Leicester ok and will get lunch provided *envy* for three days *even more envy*.

I would like to see the return of the HHC - Half Hour Challenge - where we work hard for 30 mins then post progress, alongside other flyladies, then we don't feel so isolated.

Would anyone else?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »

I would like to see the return of the HHC - Half Hour Challenge - where we work hard for 30 mins then post progress, alongside other flyladies, then we don't feel so isolated.

Would anyone else?

Yes!

I have TDPA all the decorations and cards, and now my HHC is to
    - carry CS items down to the utility
    - start first load of WMx4
    - make a cuppa and drink it on the hoof
    - zip through downstairs with the dusteronnastick and hoover :D

-
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Hey Valli, good idea..

Ive decluttered the kitchen
    Sorted washing,
    Decluttered 2 coffees and some toast..
    Sold a pair of welly’s, they’ve been collected so more out the house..
    Now trying to work up the motivation to go out and get some bits in town..
    Ooh & also need to hoover through :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    I'd welcome the return of HHC, but don't have even half hour now before leaving for paid stuff. Inset day presentation.

So far I have done dailies including dog walk, bleached all toilets and sinks, changed bedding, got first of four wash loads in machine, dusted dusty bits in LR and swept through downstairs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, and welcome to the new people.

I did lots of dot to dotting at the weekend which is helping clear some long term issues. It feels very productive, and has had a visual impact. It's funny how we just can't see the mess any more until it is gone.

Great suggestion Valli, I used to love the open HHCs on the thread, so much better when you felt that you had company in the tedium of clearing and it got me off the laptop.

I know the hospice and surrounds quite well through my old job, it can be a difficult commute into the city. Drop me a PM if she needs help with routes or places not to live.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    Options
    Well done everyone :T
    ionafan wrote: »
    ...my HHC is to
    - carry CS items down to the utility
    - start first load of WMx4
    - make a cuppa and drink it on the hoof
    - zip through downstairs with the dusteronnastick and hoover :D

Well, it took me over an hour, because I also emptied all the bins, had to field a phonecall from a friend, and DH wouldn't budge as I cleaned the kitchen floor around him - but all on that list is done. :D

Now to walk Rosie, find some lunch, and do the 40-minute drive to see one of my supervisors (which will be a pleasure).
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2019 at 2:40PM
    Options
    Hi everyone and thanks for the new thread.

The weekend vanished for me. I went to a show and won big style so felt very happy if tired. I was home 2 hours when I got a call to go to relative's nursing home. Spent the whole night in A&E eventually getting home at midday. Napped in the afternoon and slept like a log last night.

Still feeling tired today but need to fly. I've done the horses, collected dog food, dropped DS1 off and now going to try and muster the energy to do dailies and level 1.

Level 1

[STRIKE]Clear sides and wipe down
    Replace what lives there, wiping kettle/toaster etc as you go [/STRIKE]
    Empty bin and wipe it out
    Wipe sill, sockets, door handles, drawer and cupboard handles and switches
    Clear and clean sink and accessories - wash drainers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income