Suspended – what to do?

Options

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elinore wrote: »
    I really would rather they didn't move the role to the sales site - I would have to leave the job as its several counties over. :D

I have specifically said that your location should not be changed.

To the people who say it's the new manager's job to get the transfer of management and budget done, I agree, but it's in the OP's interest that something happens so that she can keep her job, so why wouldn't she take an active role in trying to achieve this? Especially when the alternative of her leaving the job is a perfectly reasonable outcome for the manager involved, and would solve all of his problems at zero cost to him.
  • Elinore
    Elinore Posts: 259 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2018 at 6:05AM
    Options
    Up early can't sleep and getting ready to be called after 0900 (my union lady is supposed to ring me from there)

in regards to the manager cutting off his nose to spite his face - That's the whole point - he can get rid of me...

he can't get rid of the role.

The contract states it's an obligation as part of the wider sales contract and is cast iron through several contract renegotiations.

So if he sacks me he will find that hes got to go to the cost and expense of hiring someone else as the supplier are very militant that the role is serviced - they also wont agree to change the working contract either so the incoming will have the same obligations and hours as me.

So he will have all the admin hassle of sacking me, the fuss of interviews and a new starter to end up in the exact same position.

It might be he's hoping to kick up enough of a stink that i get moved under someone else's umbrella. (i'm used to it i've had many many managers over the years - i'm like the company's hot potato - but to be fair after they have worked out the role, that i am fully monitored by the supplier so cant take the mickey in any way im normally just shunted off to the side and left alone)
  • Elinore
    Elinore Posts: 259 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2018 at 6:44AM
    Options
    Update

............silence...........

The Union lady called and advised that shes very busy but will look into things. Hr called and advised that they were very busy and they would look into things. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Several missed calls from the supplier to my personal mobile and a voicemail asking if i am ok, they haven't been able to get hold of me (also no one told them of the change over so they have been trying to get hold of my old manager) so they are worried.

I felt bad not answering but i thought it best that they be contacted by the employer.

I didn't realise im a stress cleaner - my house is immaculate i even had the dishwasher and washing machine on self cleaning cycles and every inch of the washing line was full. I stripped out, washed and cleaned my whole wardrobe. Sorted out 20kg of clothes for recycling then reorganised the whole unit folding in the konmari method. It's a thing of beauty.

Todays scheduled distraction = sorting the garage and my CV
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    How long is it going to be before your employer tells the supplier. I'd be pushing a bit harder with the union and with hr and I'd consider talking to the supplier
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update

The Union lady called and advised that shes very busy but will look into things. Hr called and advised that they were very busy and they would look into things. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Several missed calls from the supplier to my personal mobile and a voicemail asking if i am ok, they haven't been able to get hold of me (also no one told them of the change over so they have been trying to get hold of my old manager) so they are worried.

I felt bad not answering but i thought it best that they be contacted by the employer.

I didn't realise im a stress cleaner - my house is immaculate i even had the dishwasher and washing machine on self cleaning cycles and every inch of the washing line was full. I stripped out, washed and cleaned my whole wardrobe. Sorted out 20kg of clothes for recycling then reorganised the whole unit folding in the konmari method. It's a thing of beauty.

sooo still no grievance? Think that's a massive mistake / or there's something you haven't told us.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    sooo still no grievance? Think that's a massive mistake / or there's something you haven't told us.

totally agree with this - don't be a doormat! your manager needs to be shown this isn't acceptable. It may also help in any future tribunal if you've followed the grievance process.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    I can understand that you may not want to raise a grievance without talking to the Union, but you DO need to be nagging the Union. Phone or email saying you really do feel that raising a grievance promptly is important, and maybe enclosing a draft grievance for their comment. And keep nagging them. You can be sure that they will be dealing with other cases as well and giving priority to some of the people that nag them the hardest. Become one of these people!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Nookie5
    Options
    Update

You'll want to put it in writing and demand for a response within a certain timeframe, otherwise HR will keep stalling and fabricate something to the supplier who's probably getting annoyed by your silence. They don't know your employer is forcing you out, they only think you've gone AWOL. If HR is only relying on calling, record all phone calls in secret.
  • Movie_Star
    Options
    New here, so apologies if it sounds short and to the point.

The request from the new manager is not a reasonable request. Breaking contracts and agreements is not reasonable. In my experience you need to flush this out into the open, and head straight to HR. If the managers gets even more irate and threatening, put in a complaint and specifically specify another manager hear the complaint. This type of power play manipulation only works when it's done behind closed doors and in the dark. I would move at a quick pace, and keep a dated diary while your memory is fresh. Keep the diary at home, not in the work place. Your reputation as a person of integrity is at stake, and by suspending you he ruins your reputation and threatens with a hard ball tactic. It's a tough squeeze, but have none of it. Straight to HR after you have updated the diary and put salient points in bullet form for HR to at least retain on your file, ready for the next move. I hope this helps.
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    Very silly not to answer the phone

The manager could have told them you went awol and have been incommuncado

You need to do as others say - the grievance procedure- and have something in writing as a back up.
    baldly going on...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport